Hacking Mario Kart 8 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lag with the item boxes themselves I mean. Receiving items, not using them and hitting others. Player lag in general is to be expected in all online gaming.

I get what you're thinking, it's not a bad theory. I just don't feel like using the same engine over a course of time throws the idea of "better protection" out the door. Valve uses the Source Engine, and it has it's fair share of exploits and possible ways to hack it, but they're able to patch them very easily and stay on the same engine. Patches could be another tool up Nintendo's arsenal, but those could probably easily be bypass-able if we have the ability to modify the game like we did on the Wii. That's where "Nintendo Network" comes in, with the banning and such. The ban system sounds like something I'd be interested in seeing how it works. If it works anything like VAC on Steam, I'll be scared of it. :unsure:

Well, Nintendo probably has protection, but knowing that the game itself was in development for two years and knowing Nintendo itself, I highly doubt that Nintendo would go "that far". Being able to break in and create textures and custom courses proves that bit.

Reactions: Huntereb

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nintendo probably has protection, but knowing that the game itself was in development for two years and knowing Nintendo itself, I highly doubt that Nintendo would go "that far". Being able to break in and create textures and custom courses proves that bit.

Replacing texture files on disk != the game isn't safe online. There's probably quite a few (even if simple) protections online, and I bet a loooot of what you do online is all serverside.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replacing texture files on disk != the game isn't safe online. There's probably quite a few (even if simple) protections online, and I bet a loooot of what you do online is all serverside.

I never said that. The rest of you're saying is what I said. -_-

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada

Games usually follow a peer to peer connection when playing with other players. In some cases, the server does get involved in monitoring gameplay and the like, but they won't usually check a client for any custom data, such as skins/textures.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bean and making new videos. He'a doing it just to do it and say he did. Judging from that video, they haven't got any farther and are basically just fucking around at this point with nothing better to do. At this point you could just post a link in the OP to his youtube and the thread would be fine. They're not going to release it, they already proved that without a doubt, it's for them and them only to show off. Sooner or later one of the updates is gonna break their exploit too and back to square one. I guess I could accept the argument that they're documenting formats, but even then I don't see anything being done with that (plus the fact i mentioned before about them not wanting to release anything)
EDIT: If they wanted other people to help, they would make a good build for dumping files and then obsfucate the data like we were talking about a while ago, and then release it. It does nobody any good to keep it to themselves. Many people working is better then 1 or 2 people kinda sorta working and not getting anywhere.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Bean and making new videos. He'a doing it just to do it and say he did. Judging from that video, they haven't got any farther and are basically just fucking around at this point with nothing better to do. At this point you could just post a link in the OP to his youtube and the thread would be fine. They're not going to release it, they already proved that without a doubt, it's for them and them only to show off. Sooner or later one of the updates is gonna break their exploit too and back to square one. I guess I could accept the argument that they're documenting formats, but even then I don't see anything being done with that (plus the fact i mentioned before about them not wanting to release anything)

That was old footage, there has not been something that the 'layman' would find impressive in a while so they are just saying they are still going.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the custom course they were working on? Surely it can't be that hard to port an existing custom track?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the custom course they were working on? Surely it can't be that hard to port an existing custom track?
Even if they did, what would they do with it? They aren't going to release their exploit to make it playable for the masses, they made that quite clear.
EDIT: There's also the fact that it's a different format that they don't fully understand.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What's the point of these mods now? Nintendo is going to be releasing DLC packs which include new tracks, characters and vehicles so this isn't needed any more unless it's a method to hack the Wii U somehow.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of these mods now? Nintendo is going to be releasing DLC packs which include new tracks, characters and vehicles so this isn't needed any more unless it's a method to hack the Wii U somehow.

In order to add our own stuff we need to modify the WiiU, so if we get custom content it is a good sign. Plus Nintendo would never make somthing like Justin's box track would they?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: If they wanted other people to help, they would make a good build for dumping files and then obsfucate the data like we were talking about a while ago, and then release it. It does nobody any good to keep it to themselves. Many people working is better then 1 or 2 people kinda sorta working and not getting anywhere.

If you looked at the mario kart 8 hacking wiki, you'd see they're busy making custom tracks right now.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if they did, what would they do with it? They aren't going to release their exploit to make it playable for the masses, they made that quite clear.

Um, show it off on YouTube?

Oh, now they aren't going to release the exploit? I guess they shouldn't keep releasing updates then.

EDIT: There's also the fact that it's a different format that they don't fully understand.

That certainly explains the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso