Status
Not open for further replies.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a nice text editor, maybe a photo or media viewer. If anti-piracy measures are in play, emulators probably won't be possible. Emulators will be possible, I'm just exaggerating.

Hacking? Modding? Ha, that's a nice joke. :rofl2:

Developing a kernel exploit will allow us to define the userland sandbox as opposed to inheriting it from the browser we hook into. Dumping the keys in OTP will allow us to decrypt the system to support newer firmware versions FASTER. Emulators will be possible. We will enable you to load your own applications, but we're not going out of our way to let you load Nintendo's official applications as that will just lead to mass piracy.

This seriously sucks! I was looking forward to this exploit :(

If I want to backup my Wii U games, so be it. If I want to play retro games that I legally dumped with Retrode, so be it. You're going down a slippery slope that will turn you into control freaks. Sorry, but now I'm rooting for those awful, nasty,freedom loving pirates you hate so much.

Well then code it yourself or if you're too much of a skrid go buy an ODE in a couple of months. No respected developer is going to build you a free warez loader. When we develop a framework for homebrew and gamemodding we expect to get something back from the community by having them create cool things. You understand that right?

A warez loader provides NOTHING for us or the community other than enabling leaching skrids to pirate and painting a big red target on our backs to Nintendo.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This all gives me a sliver of hope for future Smash Bros. 4 mods. I never really played the Brawl mods, but it was quite impressive what all could be done as the years rolled by. May the passion for the hack never die.

I highly recommend trying out Project M if you get the chance. It's very impressive.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so that's why there were so many loaders on the Wii.

I would hardly call Waninikoko a respected developer (warez + all the PS3's he bricked). Also he did profit from his actions. His actions on the Wii is one of the reasons why Marcan didn't want to release for Wii U.

The plethora of loaders you describe are primarily because Marcan trusted him. Needless to say, we don't have him on our team.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If it was for Marcan, finds were just for "shits and giggles", blame everyone who tries to make something out of them:
http://hackmii.com/2009/03/my-6-hour-trip-to-the-dark-side

Thanks to Waninkoko for creating the apps everyone actually wanted:
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko/eng-my-6-hour-trip-dark-side-episode-ii-attack-clones

Respected or not, getting nothing as end user is just pointless.

Second link won't work, but the first one is a funny read. :P

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait for someone to reverse-engineer whatever kernel exploit this is implemented in, then you'll eventually get whatever it is you want.

Gotta wait longer than we expected to get what we were anticipating, I guess.

Could you kindly leave and stop being a dick to the people actually working on this.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
"Just wait for someone to reverse engineer it!"

Like anyone has done for Devolution? :P And sure some of GW's payload has been reversed, but so far all that's come of it publicly is, homebrew! Exactly what you'd be getting from a usermode exploit.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
"Just wait for someone to reverse engineer it!"

Like anyone has done for Devolution? :P And sure some of GW's payload has been reversed, but so far all that's come of it publicly is, homebrew! Exactly what you'd be getting from a usermode exploit.

That's why I said we're gonna have to wait longer! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Margen67

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you kindly leave and stop being a dick to the people actually working on this.

Seriously? Calling someone a dick just because they don't agree?

The people working on this will go down the slippery slope to becoming control freaks. That means no backup loaders, emulators, and game filesystem dumpers. That means you will have to submit apps to be reviewed. Anything they don't like will be rejected. (They claim Emulators are OK for now, but just wait until they actually release it to know for sure.)

I hack my consoles to free them! I don't hack them to get involved in yet another ball and chain telling me what I can and cannot do! This is why I switched from Apple to Android.

Note that the only thing I agree with is blocking online cheats.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously tempted to learn how these are found just to circumvent this hypocritical moralism.
I'm seriously tempted to learn how these are found just to circumvent this hypocritical moralism.

I would be willing to learn too. Maybe I should look on eBay for an extra Wii U. Ones on ebay probably have lower firmware too.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people working on this will go down the slippery slope to becoming control freaks.

That's a fallacious statement with no evidence to support it, but okay.

That means no backup loaders, emulators, and game filesystem dumpers.

Backup loaders are usually used for piracy, which everyone on the team is against. Besides, a PPC kernel exploit isn't sufficient for backup loading anyway. Few people seem to understand that. We have no problem with emulators. Game filesystem dumpers are needed to make game mods, so those would exist too.

That means you will have to submit apps to be reviewed. Anything they don't like will be rejected. (They claim Emulators are OK for now, but just wait until they actually release it to know for sure.)

Where the hell did you get that idea from? We're not setting up an app store. Anyone will be able to take our exploit and develop homebrew, as long as it's userspace homebrew. This prevents cheating, and doesn't prevent backup loading (since it wouldn't have been possible anyway). I see you're against online cheats but not offline cheats, but I don't see any way to only allow cheats in an offline setting.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1 : I've been around long enough to know where this will go. Once you all experience the feeling of control, there is no going back. It's just common sense and how the world works these days. I don't trust that easily and want to believe you won't lock us down. But I'll believe what you say when what you say actually happens.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to Waninkoko for creating the apps everyone actually wanted...

Respected or not, getting nothing as end user is just pointless.
its not pointless to the devs themselves, they are making the apps they actually want. if its also something you want, then bully for you, but if it isnt, then thats really too bad, isnt it?

Reactions: NEP and VinsCool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?