Not open for further replies.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Stated by Chadderz during todays live stream, ''In mario Kart 8's files , Their is 16 place holders with the name cupicondlc01 cupicondlc02 etc'' ...This may be a hint for DLC cups in Mario Kart 8

Reactions: super mario 128

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
The plan is that once a kernel/loader/IOSU exploit is found, it'll be obsfucated so nobody'll be able to use it for anything other then we allow, preventing piracy and cheating.
Good plan, but I expect someone will work through the obfuscation eventually. Hackers like a challenge, even those from other hackers!

Reactions: Margen67

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
The plan is that once a kernel/loader/IOSU exploit is found, it'll be obsfucated so nobody'll be able to use it for anything other then we allow, preventing piracy and cheating.

That's fucking stupid.

--- Should I just update my Wii U now so I don't have to be disappointed?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, just ignore those silly attention seeking pseudo-hackers and wait until actual hackers figure it out.
We are the real hackers, we're the ones who started it (since nobody cared until we got the bootrom and a browser exploit) and we're gonna finish it.

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
We are the real hackers, we're the ones who started it (since nobody cared until we got the bootrom and a browser exploit) and we're gonna finish it.
Meybe, maybe not. You can never rule out the possibility that there's someone else out there that is much further into hacking Wii U than you are.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is pretty pathetic how disrespectful people are.
If you want warez, go buy a loader (if one is ever released) You are getting this for free (i'm assuming) and you should be happy with whatever you get. How can you be mad at someone who creating their own code so it won't allow cheats (which will lead to cheating online) and warez. Unless you want to be the person who cheats online, and if it is ever figured out I hope Nintendo perma bans all of you.

Keep up the good work NWPlayer123 and the rest of you. Even though I updated my Wii U, I look forward to your progress.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
It is pretty pathetic how disrespectful people are.
If you want warez, go buy a loader (if one is ever released) You are getting this for free (i'm assuming) and you should be happy with whatever you get. How can you be mad at someone who creating their own code so it won't allow cheats (which will lead to cheating online) and warez. Unless you want to be the person who cheats online, and if it is ever figured out I hope Nintendo perma bans all of you.

It's not even the cheats and piracy I'm worried about losing as much, it's that the point of this type of hacking is to tear down walls, to enable freedom.

Instead we'll potentially still be stuck with chained-down consoles. It's kinda like what's happening on the 3DS scene, except the dirty pirates are actually the good guys in this case and are allowing full access to the system with Homebrew. Unfortunate, right?

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Will this obsfucation prevent people from developing other homebrew for the console?

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but the homebrew will be limited to userspace only.
as someone who doesn't fully understand what userspace means exactly, what does that specify for homebrew? for example, what sort of hacks/mods/homebrew will be able to be created, and what wont? like, will there be emulators, but not themes for your wii u menu?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
as someone who doesn't fully understand what userspace means exactly, what does that specify for homebrew? for example, what sort of hacks/mods/homebrew will be able to be created, and what wont? like, will there be emulators, but not themes for your wii u menu?

You can make a nice text editor, maybe a photo or media viewer. If anti-piracy measures are in play, emulators probably won't be possible. Emulators will be possible, I'm just exaggerating.

Hacking? Modding? Ha, that's a nice joke. :rofl2:

Reactions: Margen67

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seriously sucks! I was looking forward to this exploit :(

If I want to backup my Wii U games, so be it. If I want to play retro games that I legally dumped with Retrode, so be it. You're going down a slippery slope that will turn you into control freaks. Sorry, but now I'm rooting for those awful, nasty, freedom loving pirates you hate so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: greetings gamer class