Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

SWRosetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there.

I was wondering if there was a way to replace the BFWAV files , i think those are the SFX , right?

Certain sounds of the characters seem pretty unfitting to me so i was wondering if it's already possible to mod those considering music can be done since ages ago.

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there.

I was wondering if there was a way to replace the BFWAV files , i think those are the SFX , right?

Certain sounds of the characters seem pretty unfitting to me so i was wondering if it's already possible to mod those considering music can be done since ages ago.

Some BFWAVs can be replaced yes, however there is no public tool and the only way to edit them is to have the the Wii U SDK.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like custom models are now a thing! Pretty excited for the future possibilities! It seems like custom animations are possible. Currently, the tool is not available to the public yet from what I understand.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/SuperDaStar/status/859398315149897729

Now we need someone to get a working KCL creator and we have ourselves some lovely custom tracks!

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So it seems like custom models are now a thing! Pretty excited for the future possibilities! It seems like custom animations are possible. Currently, the tool is not available to the public yet from what I understand.

Now we need someone to get a working KCL creator and we have ourselves some lovely custom tracks!

Can't wait to see the day this gets as far as the MKWii hacks.
Inb4 we make our own MK8: Deluxe.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IT'S TIME

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country

RayKoopa did one as an add-on for Blender, actually we have importers for byaml, bfres and kcl but only byaml and kcl exporters... RayKoopa didn't finish the bfres exporter I don't remember why so we have to wait to SuperDaStar Tool release
BTW I think I know how to convert a dds to Bflim again (if there isn't a way to do it actually)
Bye!

SWRosetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Funky Kong's model from Barrel Blast could work a bit better since it's higher poly than MKWii's but either way all the progress is awesome.

Hopefuly that also motivates the creation of something to convert wavs to bfwavs , since that's something i have been looking since ages ago.

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think Funky Kong's model from Barrel Blast could work a bit better since it's higher poly than MKWii's but either way all the progress is awesome.

Might as well just take funky from Tropical Freeze if that is possible. It would fit with the other models.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
RayKoopa did one as an add-on for Blender, actually we have importers for byaml, bfres and kcl but only byaml and kcl exporters... RayKoopa didn't finish the bfres exporter I don't remember why so we have to wait to SuperDaStar Tool release
BTW I think I know how to convert a dds to Bflim again (if there isn't a way to do it actually)
Bye!
It's actually "smb123w64gb", but SuperDaStar gave some models. :P
Funky Kong from Tropical Freeze is next.
Hopefuly that also motivates the creation of something to convert wavs to bfwavs , since that's something i have been looking since ages ago.
I have released a BFSTM to BFWAV tool. (Oh wait, I only released the old, broken one... :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries