Gaming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you have to figure too that this game is running under completely different architecture compared to the Wii U. The Wii U was PPC while the Switch is most likely Tegra. So they would have to adapt that game with all new formats most likely.

I will say this though, depending on when the Switch gets hacked and games start getting decrypted, someone will find a way of porting these over to the original game. That always happens :P.

well Mario kart 8 is an NW4F game, MK8D will be based on whatever NintendoWare4Switch will be, so pretty similar if not the same formats.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wasn't that 4?
For the chinese, it's 4 which bring bad luck.
Something about being write the same way than "death" (not sure if it's death, but it's bad anyway), only the accent change.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario Kart 8 is a great game on the WiiU. If you never owned a WiiU then Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a must buy for the Switch. Can't say it is worth it if you already have the WiiU version, since it is basically the same game with arena battle mode.

Arena battle mode is awesome but with no new tracks and just four new characters, it is way to expensive since you also have to pay to play online (after summer). I do wonder if they made Toad and Toadette multi-color like Yoshi and Shyguy, since that would be easy to do and they already come in different colors in other games. And the question remains if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will have new DLC's like Mario Kart 8. That would be nice since you then at least get some new tracks in the end (to bad it will cost you even more).

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what I meant, and there's a side by side comparison

The Wii U version is definitely suffering from that framerate dip.

From your sentence I wasn't sure which game you meant :D
Yeah, I hope they got rid of that. I mean, it happens only when AI is racing. Not even online when there's no AI - and online is surely a lot more work to compute, integrating all that remote game state.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From your sentence I wasn't sure which game you meant :D
Yeah, I hope they got rid of that. I mean, it happens only when AI is racing. Not even online when there's no AI - and online is surely a lot more work to compute, integrating all that remote game state.

That bug never should have happened at all, I could see it easily and irked me lol

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually someone who can't notice it even when concentrating on it :S But I can imagine it's annoying as hell if you do. At first I thought it's to give the Wii U some breath to compute the AI, but it doesn't make sense since something like that doesn't need to happen online... however, it's something like a "bug" which happens on purpose...

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the Switch is a Tegra platform which is LE.
(and because nobody likes BE nowadays :P)
I haven't been able to find any documentation that specifies the Tegra's endianness. Closest I've found is that ARM is bi-endian.
(and don't you bad-mouth my Big Endianness)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the chinese, it's 4 which bring bad luck.
Something about being write the same way than "death" (not sure if it's death, but it's bad anyway), only the accent change.
the same was with japanese, they even changed the "4"'s name because of that :v idk about chinese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1