Gaming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full retail for a refined version of a game that was released 3 years ago (and I already paid for once) is a bit of a pisser. This should be the Switch's free pack-in game.
i wasn't thinking about it like that at all, i saw battle mode this is everything i wanted mario kart 8 to be. obviously it does suck that it wasn't released like this in the first place but mario kart 8 wii u is still worth $30 on ebay yeah you end up getting closer to $25 after fees and all that but you still have the mario kart 8 you paid for 3 years ago sell it and the total cost of the game comes down from $60 to $35.
who pays full retail for games anyways with amazon prime, best buy gamers club unlocked or even simply shopping around once it comes out no one should ever be paying more than $50 for a game so it's more of a $25 upgrade than a $60 new game which is totally worth it by the looks of the improvements they've made.
i used best buy gamers club unlocked in combination with the current $25 off visa checkout promotion to order mario kart 8 deluxe and zelda botw for $81.66 total which means the actual price i paid for mario kart 8 deluxe after including the fact i sold mario kart 8 wii u is only $13.33

TLDR; sell your old games and don't pay full price for anything.

Reactions: MontyQ
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It was fun to play and finally have two items but I won't be buying it and with the pay to play it just kills it for me. I never got into paying online on PSN/XBL so I won't make an exception for Nintendo.

Reactions: jefffisher

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
It's sad that one image already summarized 33% of the new things
mk8d.png

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Assuming that Nintendo will probably give the finger to all Wii U owners and not make the battle mode available, here is my hope that someone import these courses by hack. :evil:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Assuming that Nintendo will probably give the finger to all Wii U owners and not make the battle mode available, here is my hope that someone import these courses by hack.
not as easy as they they aren't just tracks they are a completely new system. bm in switch has been completely re-written

Reactions: Deleted User

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
looks, a Mario kart 8.1 :v next gonna be MK10? :rofl2:
Mario Kart 8 is more like Mario Kart 7.9 because, you know, no battle mode. :rofl2:

not as easy as they they aren't just tracks they are a completely new system. bm in switch has been completely re-written
The system sure is different, but the arenas would just work the same as regular "battle" tracks from the original... But just assuming it, I ain't no expert. :P

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario Kart 8 is more like Mario Kart 7.9 because, you know, no battle mode. :rofl2:
oh yes XD

The system sure is different, but the arenas would just work the same as regular "battle" tracks from the original... But just assuming it, I ain't no expert. :P
I think the problem is the system for the balloons and stuff, if it isn't there, would have to be remade...
I wa sthinking if we could add the dialogues and extras of Muramasa rebirth to original wii muramasa, but probably not very easily XD

You know, they say number 9 is bad luck in Japan...
wasn't that 4?

Reactions: dragon12

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh yes XD

I think the problem is the system for the balloons and stuff, if it isn't there, would have to be remade...
I wa sthinking if we could add the dialogues and extras of Muramasa rebirth to original wii muramasa, but probably not very easily XD
I was talking about importing just the arenas (like custom tracks)... the system would be the same (the system from the original is ok).

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
The whole game seems to be clearly based on the MK8 engine. This means:
- The course file formats can be ported and the courses will be playable.
- The file formats might just differ in being in little endian, so they might get converted to big endian (due to the platform being LE rather than BE of the Wii U - as seen with the 3DS previously).
- New objects or features have to be removed, but the biggest part of the course can remain.

And of course you will only be able to play in the MK8 battle mode on them, not the new modes.

Reactions: dragon12

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you have to figure too that this game is running under completely different architecture compared to the Wii U. The Wii U was PPC while the Switch is most likely Tegra. So they would have to adapt that game with all new formats most likely.

I will say this though, depending on when the Switch gets hacked and games start getting decrypted, someone will find a way of porting these over to the original game. That always happens :P.

D

Deleted User

So how many here would pay online for just Mario Kart? I can't imagine doing such a thing

Reactions: CeeDee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...