OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
i_31112_thumb.jpg
The Tanooki suit from the Mario games is back in full force this year. Not only will it be in Super Mario 3D Land, it’s an item in Mario Kart 7 as well. Judging by screenshots, it looks like you’ll be able to use a Tanooki tail power-up to hit other racers out of your way.

i_31109_thumb.jpg
i_31110_thumb.jpg

i_31111_thumb.jpg

i_31108_thumb.jpg

i_31113_thumb.jpg
i_31114_thumb.jpg

i_31115_thumb.jpg
i_31116_thumb.jpg

[/p]
arrow.gif
Source

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
mfw when seeing this:

And they really are beating this tanooki thing to death. We get it, it's a SMB3 reference.
Not anymore, now it's just a thing that they keeping pointing shining lights and arrows at.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow...seriously...now I have to get this.

Tanooki tail while racing is just awesome.

Huh!? There are Miis!? MII'S IN MY 1ST PARTY TITLES!?

*Grabs a Blue Shell in one hand, and a Starman in the other*

Why must you Mii's/Freaks of nature be in every 1st party game...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
mfw when seeing this:

And they really are beating this tanooki thing to death. We get it, it's a SMB3 reference.
Not anymore, now it's just a thing that they keeping pointing shining lights and arrows at.

Exactly, and people are now like "OMG I MUST BUY THIS NOW". Fuck gameplay and features, IT HAS A REFERENCE.

I'm not saying the game will be bad at all, it looks pretty good for a Mario Kart, but people just saying "I MUST BUY IT" because of tanooki stuff in it is annoying.

D

Deleted_171835

TANOOKI YES

Oh how I fondly remember the Tanooki suit. I used to play SBM3 when I was just a wee lad and the excitement that the Tanooki suit brought me was unparalleled by anything else. This game has been made miles better thanks to this addition. I now know for a fact that I'll be getting it, great job Nintendo!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Guild McCommunist said:
but people just saying "I MUST BUY IT" because of tanooki stuff in it is annoying.
Who the hell is saying that? Seriously, I want to know where you constantly pull your info from, granted it's not out of your ass.

QUOTE(Nimbus @ Oct 6 2011, 10:49 PM)
Wow...seriously...now I have to get this.

Tanooki tail while racing is just awesome.

I know, reading is hard work.

Or you can just put "Thinking the game is automatically amazing because of one reference" in that category too.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
mfw when seeing this:

Exactly, and people are now like "OMG I MUST BUY THIS NOW". Fuck gameplay and features, IT HAS A REFERENCE.

I'm not saying the game will be bad at all, it looks pretty good for a Mario Kart, but people just saying "I MUST BUY IT" because of tanooki stuff in it is annoying.

Well as much as I will admit that SMB3 was a pretty boss game,

It's not the reason I would get this game to begin with, just a slight influencing reason. I traditionally get the Mario Kart Game for any console/handheld. I'll definitely wait until I see how good this game is from gameplay footage and whatnot. I could try it out at work on one of my days off, but our Nintendo Rep and coincidentially Management refuse to put any handheld out on display, cause the last one got totaled from some dipshit kid ramming the stylus all the way through the damn screen, namely that was our 20th one that got wasted.

But yes Guild M.C. I do believe that you have an excellent and solid point there.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I know, reading is hard work.

Or you can just put "Thinking the game is automatically amazing because of one reference" in that category too.
I know, one person is seriously a big deal. Also, beating it to death? It's a power-up within a game. As for SM3DL, it's part of the story. This is just a measly power-up, nothing important.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
I know, one person is seriously a big deal. Also, beating it to death? It's a power-up within a game. As for SM3DL, it's part of the story. This is just a measly power-up, nothing important.

It's part of a story in a Mario game? Oh ho ho, that's a good one. Really got me there.

It's obviously a reference to try and get the nostalgia crowd in there. Also, I've seen tons of posts around the forum saying that people think the game (Super Mario 3D Land) is "amazing" or "brilliant" because they went "hint hint wink wink nudge nudge" about SMB3. Not because they think the power up will bring a huge amount of depth to the gameplay, but simply because it's a reference.

If references made games good then Duke Nukem Forever wouldn't be an utter piece of shit.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
TDWP FTW said:

It's part of a story in a Mario game? Oh ho ho, that's a good one. Really got me there.

It's obviously a reference to try and get the nostalgia crowd in there. Also, I've seen tons of posts around the forum saying that people think the game (Super Mario 3D Land) is "amazing" or "brilliant" because they went "hint hint wink wink nudge nudge" about SMB3. Not because they think the power up will bring a huge amount of depth to the gameplay, but simply because it's a reference.

If references made games good then Duke Nukem Forever wouldn't be an utter piece of shit.

This made me laugh... Not cuz it's true... but because it's just funny.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LwdW3vKLM[/youtube]

Have any more shit to pull out of your ass?

And who cares if it's partly for nostalgia's sake? What's wrong with that? It hasn't been in any of the main games for years, AFAIK (The last one might've been SMB3 for all I know). I for one think SM3DL will be amazing because it's more of a traditional platformer than an adventure game, and it just looks great in general.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nintendo's boring me with all the Tanooki suit noise.

I guess it's nice since you can use it to deflect shells.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro