Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
you tryied updating your router

www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=f5d8636uk4a&aid=14480&scid=0&fid=4552&fn=f5d8636-4_ww_1.00.03.bin

theres the latest firmware for it

from http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=f5d8636uk4a&aid=14480&scid=0

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
you tryied updating your router

www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=f5d8636uk4a&aid=14480&scid=0&fid=4552&fn=f5d8636-4_ww_1.00.03.bin

theres the latest firmware for it

from http://www.belkin.co...id=14480&scid=0
That's not the latest firmware. The latest is;
Firmware Version 2.00.20 (Oct 5 2009 17:17:19)
dobajp.png

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
what is your router then

the model number brought up by the site must be wrong

i assume your 3DS connects fine normally through the router?
The router is correct on the website. The firmware is wrong. And the 3DS works fine with eShop. When in MK7 however, it doesn't even show up in the client list.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
sounds like the connection is dropping then when trying to connect

you tryied a different security setting?

like WPA2

WEP is highly unrecommended
I've tried all of the ones my router is capable of. WEP is the best one working for all of my devices. I don't want to say with WPA2 if it is unnecessary, and it is at the moment as there is no change.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

like WPA2

I've tried all of the ones my router is capable of. WEP is the best one working for all of my devices. I don't want to say with WPA2 if it is unnecessary, and it is at the moment as there is no change.
somoene posted this
"The thing is that whenever I put a password on the wireless that contains only numbers, MK7 online doesn't work and gives me an error! But when I tried to make the password contain a capital letter, a small letter and numbers (for example: Aa1234567) MK7 connects with no errors, and I play online with no problems! So it doesn't matter if my wireless Security Mode is (WEP 64 bit) or (WPA).. I just had to make the password as I said."

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

like WPA2

somoene posted this
"The thing is that whenever I put a password on the wireless that contains only numbers, MK7 online doesn't work and gives me an error! But when I tried to make the password contain a capital letter, a small letter and numbers (for example: Aa1234567) MK7 connects with no errors, and I play online with no problems! So it doesn't matter if my wireless Security Mode is (WEP 64 bit) or (WPA).. I just had to make the password as I said."
I will look into that later. I saw that before, seems like BS to me, but hey, surprise me.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its about Nintendo clouds service.
I even got an mail some month ago telling me its about this.
They have something like a cloud service and akamai, where the traffic is transfered with less lag to the US Servers, as they dont have an own connection to big internethubs in Frankfurt,London,Paris and Amsterdam.
Anyway, they get overloaded by traffic in Europe and the east, thats it.

besides, if you just get Black Screen with "connection error", it means another user dropped out of the game in Community Mode (2-Players only) or that the server kicked you, for whatever reason (driving more than 20 seconds wrong way etc).

If you don't have problems with other Games and other Consoles, than this should eb your answer. Besides, it should also be indicated that its not you or your router, as you can connect to the Nintendo Network and you just get this Problems while racing or entering a Room/Game.

The other thing to say is, that some providers seems to have less problems than others, Vodafone in Germany for example has more problems, than users of T-Home or Telefonica.

The best thing you can do is waiting or playing at different times, Nintendo seems to raise the capacity all 1-2 Month.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
They have something like a cloud service and akamai, where the traffic is transfered with less lag to the US Servers, as they dont have an own connection to big internethubs in Frankfurt,London,Paris and Amsterdam.

besides, if you just get Black Screen with "connection error", it means another user dropped out of the game in Community Mode (2-Players only) or that the server kicked you, for whatever reason (driving more than 20 seconds wrong way etc).

If you don't have problems with other Games and other Consoles, than this should eb your answer. Besides, it should also be indicated that its not you or your router, as you can connect to the Nintendo Network and you just get this Problems while racing or entering a Room/Game.

The other thing to say is, that some providers seems to have less problems than others, Vodafone in Germany for example has more problems, than users of T-Home or Telefonica.

The best thing you can do is waiting or playing at different times, Nintendo seems to raise the capacity all 1-2 Month.
Works fine when connected using 3G on my phone, but that is not ideal as I have to pay.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

like WPA2

Unless you play DS games online (even if you are playing them on a 3ds) in which case WEP (or unsecured) is the only way

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

like WPA2

Unless you play DS games online (even if you are playing them on a 3ds) in which case WEP (or unsecured) is the only way
I do play nds games alot online. mYu-gi-oh competitions, pokemon competitions, the lot.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Works fine when connected using 3G on my phone, but that is not ideal as I have to pay.

u connect your phone to your 3ds or router and it works?
if so, its from provider. i can just tell you that i had same problems and after some time it worked again, the problems came and went again..till i changed my provider, now the problems are gone for 95% of the time.

Which cant be a serious option if everything else works. Maybe you can check your router protocol and find the error.
I wrote nintendo and you know the answer. Hope it will work for you

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

u connect your phone to your 3ds or router and it works?
if so, its from provider. i can just tell you that i had same problems and after some time it worked again, the problems came and went again..till i changed my provider, now the problems are gone for 95% of the time.

Which cant be a serious option if everything else works. Maybe you can check your router protocol and find the error.
I wrote nintendo and you know the answer. Hope it will work for you
It works on my friend's router, which is the same provider. And the 3G on my phone uses the same company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: