Mario Golf Advance Tour on UO gPSP 3.5 running poorly

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zamzummin, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Zamzummin
    OP

Zamzummin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    Hi, I'm relatively new to PSP homebrew. I recently inherited my friend's PSP 1000 and along with a bunch of PSP games, I tried UO GPSP Kai 3.5 Mod to emulate GBA games. I was reading that most games run smoothly on it, but this hasn't been the case for me.

Mario Gold Advance Tour runs ok until I load a golf course, then it lags like crazy. When a character (Yoshi in my case) takes a swing, it lags for almost 5 seconds with severe audio glitches.

Mario Tennis Power Tour has immediate audio glitches, but the game itself seems to run okay. The audio glitches are so bad I can hardly make out any in-game sounds.

Can anyone tell me if either of these games work for them? I'm using all default settings. Maybe I should try a different emulator., but this one seems to be the latest.

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Try out gpSP-J. That usually works well for games that kai doesn't handle well. You can also check out TempGBA4PSP.

Kai is far from the latest. I haven't seen an update for it in a long time. J and TempGBA seem to be the only ones that have gotten updates in the past couple of years.