Hacking Mario Cart wont connect

victorlammy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Need help here. I recently set up a wireless router at home. After struggling with the settings for a while I get it to work somehow. But now I found that Mario Cart cant go online, while all the other games' wifi are working. It is very wield. It was working be4, and the wireless router's setting didn't changed much apart from the WEP key.

When I put in the WEP key in Mario Cart's wifi set up, it will ask me if I would like to save the setting (if I put in the wrong key it wont ask). I click save and then it will test the connection. The signal icon shows no signal at all when it is testing the connection (it was full when DS detects the network). And then it reports a 51300 error. I noticed in other games' testing process, the icon was also red (shows no signal) at the first 4 to 5 secs, and then it turned to green and reports a successful connection.

I am using R4, but I doubt this has any thing to do with the cart.

Any help appreciated!!

victorlammy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WEP's can cause problems.

it could also be a problem with your ROM, if it was trimmed badly that could mess it up.

If it is the WEP causing the problem, why other games are working fine with the same WEP key?

This ROM is a clean ROM, no treatment done to it. Further, it was working be4, but with different network. It even worked with my own network be4, with different WEP key, and maybe slightly different router settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)