OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Nifft said:
i'm not sure where i did wrong, but i'm in the same boat as other ppl are, i use an R4 Revolution (i suppose it's original
biggrin.gif
anyway, the basic one that doesn't read sdhc and is stuck at v1.18). i formatted my sd card (after a back-up ofc) and i followed all the steps, from first to last, and other than having moonshell in japanese (i'll change language later) and not getting to use cheats since moonshell boots rom, i get to boot the game, but freeze at the start game screen, like before with just a normal R4. i'll try to remake it from the beginning, in any case, not sure it has been asked in the topic already, but does it work with KH 358/2 as well? thanks

edit: i've just seen loesjoel's guide, i'll try following that atm, otherwise i'll just retry the whole thing again, and if it doesn't work....man i hate r4 and myself not being able to patch it ._.

edit(again): not working, formatted r4 and used his guideline. i still get stuck at start game screen ._. but now something happened that didn't happen before. at step 13, where i run r4.bat. this time when i ran it, it said Error: dldi-head not found, press a key to exit...but after that the program continues on as normal, creating a R4_custom_English.zip with the ttmenu folder and the _DS_MENU inside. where did i go wrong?
After you select the ROM hold down B until YSMenu shows up.

eddie5150

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, first of all, thanks for this, WarioN64. Works like a charms !

If it can help, for those who are still stuck at the "select save file" screen, I had the same problem and figured out I simply forgot to delete the .SAV file that was created when I launched the game with the r4 firmware.

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WarioN64 said:
Nifft said:
i'm not sure where i did wrong, but i'm in the same boat as other ppl are, i use an R4 Revolution (i suppose it's original
biggrin.gif
anyway, the basic one that doesn't read sdhc and is stuck at v1.18). i formatted my sd card (after a back-up ofc) and i followed all the steps, from first to last, and other than having moonshell in japanese (i'll change language later) and not getting to use cheats since moonshell boots rom, i get to boot the game, but freeze at the start game screen, like before with just a normal R4. i'll try to remake it from the beginning, in any case, not sure it has been asked in the topic already, but does it work with KH 358/2 as well? thanks

edit: i've just seen loesjoel's guide, i'll try following that atm, otherwise i'll just retry the whole thing again, and if it doesn't work....man i hate r4 and myself not being able to patch it ._.

edit(again): not working, formatted r4 and used his guideline. i still get stuck at start game screen ._. but now something happened that didn't happen before. at step 13, where i run r4.bat. this time when i ran it, it said Error: dldi-head not found, press a key to exit...but after that the program continues on as normal, creating a R4_custom_English.zip with the ttmenu folder and the _DS_MENU inside. where did i go wrong?
After you select the ROM hold down B until YSMenu shows up.

uhmm i kept B pressed for about 1 minute, YSmenu didn't show up at all, there was just the title screen of the game, that's all...at least using your method (config-ed the r4.bat to use method 4 and not 1) without steps 1->9. i don't have time to try loesjoel's method atm (i have to study damnit -.-). later i'll retry again. i'm not going to give up until it works. thanks in advance for the help to anyone (i hope XD) is going to give me.

Smealiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that this does indeed work on my R4. Thank you very much WarioN64 for your tutorial
moogle.gif
. For those who are stuck at this part 14.) Run r4.bat. This will produce "R4_custom_English.zip", It's probally because you got the wrong ysmenu3270000 file from a torrent or something like that. I suggest you to go on the original website: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/and scroll down until you see this:

DS(T_T)DS
? YSMenu(2009/03/21 17:00)

Click on ysmenu to get the file. Rename the file YSMenu0903211700.zip to YSMenu0903270000.zip . After that, put it into the "r4ysauto" directory on your desktop. Follow WarioN64 guide step one to twenty-two and it should work. I know the website is japanese but don't worry about it you will see the word YSMenu in english.

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
exactly when should i press the damn B button? atm i tried both methods, warion64's and loesjoel's, and from how much i pressed B button i'm surprised my ds didn't just shut off himself
biggrin.gif
. but seriously, i select the rom, boot it (press A) and right after press B and keep it holded down, but the game just starts as usual...alphadream on bottom, mario and luigi saying "nintendo!" on the upper screen, title screen and that's all. if i try starting game, it gets frozen, i can only mic-test. i tried enabling the anti-piracy code (i know it works on cyclods and acekard only) and on r4 firmware i can get to actually start a game, but once i choose my save spot between 1 and 2, it's another double black screen freeze, while on ysmenu firmware it doesn't even boot the game, double white screen. i'm not giving up anyway, as i said before, but idk where to go now -.- any suggestions?

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nifft said:
exactly when should i press the damn B button? atm i tried both methods, warion64's and loesjoel's, and from how much i pressed B button i'm surprised my ds didn't just shut off himself
biggrin.gif
. but seriously, i select the rom, boot it (press A) and right after press B and keep it holded down, but the game just starts as usual...alphadream on bottom, mario and luigi saying "nintendo!" on the upper screen, title screen and that's all. if i try starting game, it gets frozen, i can only mic-test. i tried enabling the anti-piracy code (i know it works on cyclods and acekard only) and on r4 firmware i can get to actually start a game, but once i choose my save spot between 1 and 2, it's another double black screen freeze, while on ysmenu firmware it doesn't even boot the game, double white screen. i'm not giving up anyway, as i said before, but idk where to go now -.- any suggestions?

I'm going to look it out for you, but first I'm needing to Dldi patch Ysmenu.NDS, because I don't know when to open the command thingy.
And thanks to Smealko who me on step 14, your my hero.
smile.gif

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sanderino said:
I'm going to look it out for you, but first I'm needing to Dldi patch Ysmenu.NDS, because I don't know when to open the command thingy.
smile.gif

you mean mine? sorry but i'm noob in these fields
happy.gif
" that's why i'm asking. i got nothing to do atm, so i answer almost in real time
biggrin.gif

P.S. (off-topic, sorry for this XD) if you got skype and don't want to use forum we can continue there, pm me your nickname, i don't see the meaning of flooding a topic only because 1 stupid guy who can't do a thing that at least already 100 ppl did asks for help (that's me
ph34r.gif
). more than a forum it's becoming instant messaging -.-

Sanderino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nifft said:
Sanderino said:
smile.gif

happy.gif
" that's why i'm asking. i got nothing to do atm, so i answer almost in real time
biggrin.gif

P.S. (off-topic, sorry for this XD) if you got skype and don't want to use forum we can continue there, pm me your nickname, i don't see the meaning of flooding a topic only because 1 stupid guy who can't do a thing that at least already 100 ppl did asks for help (that's me
ph34r.gif

Sorry, don't have skype.. I don't know how to open the command prompt.. Do you know it? And If i opened it, what do I need to type?

mitsuteru

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to post a reply to give my thanks to WarioN64. Until today, i hadn´t been able to get this working. Thank you very much for compiling all of this stuff for us. As for those who are having problems doing this, what i did was take a Micro SD i had laying around, formated it, and started following the instructions from scratch. I did this because i´m a big time noob (I only found out about this stuff about 2 weeks ago) and didn´t want to mess up the Micro SD that i usually use that a friend gave me with the DSTT, which had everything in it already. Anyway, thanks again and i hope everyone can get it working.

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sanderino said:
Nifft said:
Sanderino said:
smile.gif

happy.gif
biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif

Sorry, don't have skype.. I don't know how to open the command prompt.. Do you know it? And If i opened it, what do I need to type?
if you mean windows' command prompt (that's the only one i know, if it isn't what you wanted to know then sorry, but as i said before i'm noob) it's start->run...->type in "cmd.exe" without quotes
at least it's for xp, for vista i dunno XD
btw i'm going to try it again, this time from step 1 to last, with both method 1 and 4. i just hope my sd doesn't screw up with all the formatting ._.

edit: if i supposed good, you need the command lines for dlditool right? go to first page of the thread and click on chism's website. if i didn't suppose good, then i may as well get my brains into a recycle bin...tho i doubt there will be anything of recyclable lol

Sanderino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nifft said:
Sanderino said:
Nifft said:
Sanderino said:
smile.gif

happy.gif
biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif

if you mean windows' command prompt (that's the only one i know, if it isn't what you wanted to know then sorry, but as i said before i'm noob) it's start->run...->type in "cmd.exe" without quotes
btw i'm going to try it again, this time from step 1 to last, with both method 1 and 4. i just hope my sd doesn't screw up with all the formatting ._.

Thanks, cmd is hwat i'm looking for, but i don't understand what to typ in to convert YSMenu.nds... because when i start CMD up, there automatically stands this: :C/Documents and settings/myname>

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
we're going a bit off-topic here, i'll answer you in a pm. btw i just remade the whole process of WarioN64 2 times, (at first i must have screwed something, it was stuck on loading...) and the best result i got was here. i got to actually create a game but after that, 2 black screens and freeze, without using code which before gave me this result.

Smealiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sanderino said:
Nifft said:
Sanderino said:
Nifft said:
Sanderino said:
smile.gif

happy.gif
biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif

Thanks, cmd is hwat i'm looking for, but i don't understand what to typ in to convert YSMenu.nds... because when i start CMD up, there automatically stands this: :C/Documents and settings/myname>

I already did that part a long time ago but I don't have alot of time because I have to go at school but why don't you take a look on this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO5-Zj5k5QI...feature=related
It will probally help you who knows. All I remember is at the end, you just have to right click on the file to the root of your flashcart and it should says dldirc patch r4. Click on it and your done.

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Smealiko said:
I already did that part a long time ago but I don't have alot of time because I have to go at school but why don't take a look on this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO5-Zj5k5QI...feature=related
It will probally help you who knows. All I remember is at the end, you just have to right click on the file to the root of your flashcart and it should says dldirc patch r4. Click on it and your done.
from what can i see, it's like an auto dldi patcher, but i've already got one, and a manual one too, which i was using now. anyway i may as well give it a try. thanks for the suggestion

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok don't know if i can post this or not but anyway dl This file then all you have to do is this:

1) remove EVERYTHING from the R4 cart Except the games & the Saves ofc and it's better to put them in a folder.
2) copy all the files in the YS Menu folder "after extracting it" to the cart except for the .txt files
3) start the DS and enjoy the game that's all

i know there is a lot of unneeded files but i don't know which one to take away and the files are not that big anyway

i hope this will help some people

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've downloaded, tested, and seems to work
happy.gif
thumbs up man, but yea, actually you shouldn't post "that". it has been said in many topics. btw i'm keeping it as a last resort, i wanna try to get around it alone...well not actually alone but with some help from sanderino XD. still, thanks a lot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro