Homebrew Question Mario 64 port?

phonemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wasted half a day trying to build it on Win. The Win version didn't take so long, but it just wouldn't compile for Switch. Oh man what didn't I try. Reinstalled msys, combed my PATH, edited files... Even tried WSL.

Saw your post and it inspired me to try it on Arch. Built flawlessly with no tinkering whatsoever.

No probs, glad it helped.

I used this to change the icon to the .png supplied with the source. Out of aspect, but better than the cat picture.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nro-asset-editor.499003/

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Last edited by octopus,
Reactions: mathew77

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I can't play with inverted X axis so I added
"bettercam_invertx true" to the sm64config.txt and the camera goes crazy. Need to figure it out.
That was recently fixed in upstream. I still haven't rebased the switch port on it. The old one is in the oldtesting branch, new one in the switch branch.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
That was recently fixed in upstream. I still haven't rebased the switch port on it. The old one is in the oldtesting branch, new one in the switch branch.
Oh, thanks, now it's perfect.

The fix is here: https://github.com/sm64pc/sm64pc/commit/595be623a0e138c17eb9bbb89859bfdbf44de1c1

So, build with BETTERCAMERA=1 and change src/game/bettercamera.inc.h line 235 "static u8 ivrt(u8 axis)" to "static int ivrt(u8 axis)". Then add "bettercam_invertx true" to the sm64config.txt

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I managed to find a compiled version of V3 but am extremely uneasy about it based on the source of the NSP

Such a shame someone trustworthy and known couldn't put these builds somewhere for those unable to compile (like me)

Shubkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a way to somehow convert save file from this port to retroarch?
Really tired of bugs and camera controls of v2:gba:

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People keep talking about a version 3 of Super Mario 64 on the switch. Can anyone provide any help with finding version 3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...