kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
The graphics for the menus are stored within RESOURCE.NXARC, you can see them by opening the file in a tile editor and using GBA 8bpp. The ideal way to go about editing these would be to program a tool that extracts the files and then re-inserts them when finished with editing.

I'm still looking for the text.

EDIT

I strongly believe that the text is within the MODSN3 files. This is another kind of archive, however I've seen it in a ton of games so it seems to be a common format. I'm not sure if there is a pre-existing tool for these files because of that. What encoding should I be using, though? I've never looked at a Korean game before, always Japanese. I'm using EUC-KR right now, but it seems not all of the text is showing properly. Either I am using the wrong encoding or it will need a table built.

if you're using crystaltile2 like I am, try codepage 949

it's at the very bottom of your list

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
kaizer3000 said:
lol...job change quest? kinda reminds me of 3rd job change in maple game
Sadly there's no job change in this quiz, you need to solve this riddle to proceed to the next story or chapter.

DarkFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey even tho I may seem new here (my first post). I've been around the scene for 4 or so years.

Anyways we gotta get some sort of translation team up. We got someone willing to translate the text, I don't mind doing editing, testing and such. All we need is a good hacker. We could get a blog up and a thread here to publicize it.

So I ask the question, Sedicius would you be willing to be the lead translator? If so we should form a team and seek out a hacker. So I ask the second question, is anyone willing to assist in hacking?

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
We do need someone having knowledge of Maple Story. Like renaming terms, people and place like "Cunning City" to "Kerning City" or "Dancing with the pig" to "Blackbull" (Dancing with Balrog is the warrior job instructor whereas Blackbull is the guy with the spear)

DarkFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I guess that could be me as well.

I have a vast majority of knowledge when it comes to Maplestory.

That could be a reason why I have managed to get far in the game. Since I can identify images and areas to further progress the game.

Vasir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What knowledge do you need to hack? I'm learning a programming course right now but it's just actionscript so I doubt I could be much assistence..

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heres a tool,Notepad. Dig enough and you'l strike gold. When recovering my pokemon games from CHK by going through them in notepad I got alot of story text from Mystery dungeon. lol

iandykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the heck do you guys make it work on Acekard? I have Akaio 1.6 RC2. I used that patch in the previous page. But whenever I try to load it, the Processing Bar fills up and it just stays there for like a couple of seconds, then a white screen. o.o
Help?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iandykins said:
How the heck do you guys make it work on Acekard? I have Akaio 1.6 RC2. I used that patch in the previous page. But whenever I try to load it, the Processing Bar fills up and it just stays there for like a couple of seconds, then a white screen. o.o
Help?
I did exactly what you did, but I'm not having any problems. Did you patch it properly?
(BTW, the checkmark box on the left of the patcher is "make backup")

Vasir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I patched it the first time a progress bar came and said "0 ms" And it didn't work. I tried it again and it said "16 ms" I don't know what that means, but the latter worked for me.

I'm stuck in a place after you fall off a cliff, I went around and got back to the cliff but I really have no idea where I'm suposed to go..

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ankoku said:
We do need someone having knowledge of Maple Story. Like renaming terms, people and place like "Cunning City" to "Kerning City" or "Dancing with the pig" to "Blackbull" (Dancing with Balrog is the warrior job instructor whereas Blackbull is the guy with the spear)

You do not need someone who has knowledge of Maplestory, you just need a website Hidden Street - Global.

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ankoku said:
I suppose I could help with that... I was a huge maplestory-addict for 2 years. Web-sites like the one above can help out in most cases, but if you're stuck at something, just post in this topic
wink.gif

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Louisvanharten said:
Ankoku said:
I suppose I could help with that... I was a huge maplestory-addict for 2 years. Web-sites like the one above can help out in most cases, but if you're stuck at something, just post in this topic
wink.gif

or you can always refer to http://global.hidden-street.net/ (hidden street).
When i used to play Maplestory for the PC i always went here for monster details, skills,
and quests xD. Im sure it would help.

soupbandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
DJ91990 said:
Or you could wait until December 2010 or May 2011 when it goes the way of RAGNAROK ONLINE and has an English Release.
Give non-English games a few months to see if it is going to be released in the states before deciding to combine group efforts to translate the game.
If you are impatient then at least wait until E3 2010. Surely a game like Maplestory DS will be announced at a gaming event like E3, CES, TGS, or PAX
In terms of player base... I think Ragnarok's is larger than MapleStory's by a good portion.
Given how unlikely it was for Ragnarok DS to be translated, I don't have high hopes for MapleStory.
Nope ragnarok has a way lower player base than Maplestory. You must have never played maplestory or a noob thats under lvl150 xD Anyways ms is the 2nd biggest mmorpg according to Guinness world records game version. WoW of course is number 1 , while ragnarok isn't in the top 10...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn