Status
Not open for further replies.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Louisvanharten said:
True, but 90% of the maple-players are korean.

F.Y.I, where the hell do you get that statistic from? Estimation? I doubt 90% of Maple players are korean unless when you
say korean you mean all asians in general >.>. You do know that there are many Maplestory factions for parts of the world
, Maplestory Korea (nexon korea), Maplestory SEA, Maplestory Global (NA, and global respectively) and so on.

Im just saying
tongue.gif
, the players in all of Maplestory is like Canada & US for instance, mixed with many races.

Edit: What Overlord said ^^^^

XenoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Little question about this mapple story DS. Is it only a single player mode like the poor ragnarok DS, or can you play online with other players? (and why not pvp?) Thx.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XenoX said:
Little question about this mapple story DS. Is it only a single player mode like the poor ragnarok DS, or can you play online with other players? (and why not pvp?) Thx.

single player

Thunderboyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soupbandit said:
twiztidsinz said:
DJ91990 said:
Or you could wait until December 2010 or May 2011 when it goes the way of RAGNAROK ONLINE and has an English Release.
Give non-English games a few months to see if it is going to be released in the states before deciding to combine group efforts to translate the game.
If you are impatient then at least wait until E3 2010. Surely a game like Maplestory DS will be announced at a gaming event like E3, CES, TGS, or PAX
In terms of player base... I think Ragnarok's is larger than MapleStory's by a good portion.
Given how unlikely it was for Ragnarok DS to be translated, I don't have high hopes for MapleStory.
Nope ragnarok has a way lower player base than Maplestory. You must have never played maplestory or a noob thats under lvl150 xD Anyways ms is the 2nd biggest mmorpg according to Guinness world records game version. WoW of course is number 1 , while ragnarok isn't in the top 10...
Or you never heard of people playing private servers
lecture.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkFrost said:
Anyways we gotta get some sort of translation team up. We got someone willing to translate the text, I don't mind doing editing, testing and such. All we need is a good hacker. We could get a blog up and a thread here to publicize it.

So I ask the question, Sedicius would you be willing to be the lead translator? If so we should form a team and seek out a hacker. So I ask the second question, is anyone willing to assist in hacking?
welcome o/ lurking is cool but
not to be a jerk, it sounds pretty much like you're saying "you guys do all the hard work, i'll just play the game, find some bugs and fix some typos"
then again, i get really annoyed when people ask to be testers for my hacks because it's pretty foolproof stuff, especially if you own a flashcart

protip: if you can do anything in Photoshop, you could offer to do graphics - after all you DO need to edit images in order for the riddles etched in stone to be solved for each level. :V

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad the game has a ton of Korean text for the story/plot. The game in general is easily played without it though. I've already made it to Chapter 5 of the first Character with little trouble and I'm already in the 20s level wise. The game has menus in English and the options subtitled in English which is enough to get by in playing. The options include some special stuff like the in-game movie replays and a locked option that is grayed out.

There are skills that you collect by picking up or buying books. You get weapons from buying in a store or from defeating enemies. The game has a very convenient mini-map and a GPS feature (for viewing a larger positioning map.) You have no control over your players stats they just adjust as you level up. Sometimes NPCs join your party and there are various bosses that you fight for whatever reason (doesn't read Korean.) The game-play is simple and straightforward and if you can't go somewhere the character or the system will inform you that you can't.
tongue.gif

Also you can pick up monster cards which fillup your monster book index. Each monster you fight gets a slot on the pages and when you get a card for that monster it shows what it drops and its stats. Once you get all the cards in a page the character will acquire stats improvements (as far as I know based on the subtitle text at the top).

You can save by talking to this fairy winged guy or quicksav when you're not close to one. Also he heals you when you save.

Overall a decent adventure RPG that moves fast enough to continue to be entertaining. You can go back to previous maps to explore the area further after you beat the main plot of that section. It at first feels restrictive but starts to open up more and more the farther in you get.

Too bad there isn't any multiplayer or such like with Maple Story Online but the game is entirely playable. It probably doesn't have any replay value besides having the feel of Maple Story on the go. Although there appears to be 4 different? storylines that can only be played (I think since i haven't finished the first one) after you beat the previous character's storyline. Also there doesn't seem to be any mini-quests but just the storyline plot and the ability to move around freely as you get through the story.

Enjoy the game
smile.gif

sedicius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ankoku said:
We do need someone having knowledge of Maple Story. Like renaming terms, people and place like "Cunning City" to "Kerning City" or "Dancing with the pig" to "Blackbull" (Dancing with Balrog is the warrior job instructor whereas Blackbull is the guy with the spear)

That's what editors are for.
I have never played MapleStory in my entire life.
tongue.gif

If you don't want someone without MapleStory knowledge to translate the game, I'm fine with not working on it.

Ankoku said:
Bad news for those who have no knowledge in the Korean language. My warrior got stuck in a riddle requiring you to place 3 lines out of 5 in the correct order...
mapleb.png

"The Goddess' staff is a bright glow."

- Time is a scale, the scale is the world.
- Time is a cat, always uncertain.
- Bright glow is order, bright glow is time.
- World peace is kept by the Goddess' staff.
- World revolves around money.

"Please click the song pieces in correct order"

I believe this to be the correct order:
?? ?? ??, ?? ?? ??. Bright glow is order, bright glow is time.
??? ??, ??? ??. Time is a scale, the scale is the world.
??? ???? ?? ??? ???. World peace is kept by the Goddess' staff
??? ???? ?? ?. The goddess' staff is a bright glow (Already input for you)

The riddle is based on a traditional korean game,
where a new phrase has to be started with the ending word of the last prhase.
It's nearly impossible to do in English.
I'm sorry :/

QUOTE(kosheh @ Apr 25 2010, 12:45 PM)
protip: if you can do anything in Photoshop, you could offer to do graphics - after all you DO need to edit images in order for the riddles etched in stone to be solved for each level. :V

^^ It's okay, editor is important because I have no knowledge of the game so he will have to do a lot of work fixing MapleStory terms.
I am a illustration/graphics major so I have experience in image editing. I can work on the graphics related things.
We just need a hacker D:< D:< D:

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sedicius said:
Here is the translation to the thief route / warrior route intro dialogues.

Once again, if anyone is a hacker and can extract the text,
please start up a translation thread/ group site.
I will help out with translation but not assume any responsibility for patching.

Thief Route
~~~~~~~~ Cunning City ~~~~~~~~~~~~
(I try to keep it literal as much as possible, but flow well in English.)

:: You
?Guedo X?!!! I'm sure you know already there's no where else to run!

Hahaha~ You think a bluff like that's going to get through me?

Your bluffing is the same as ever, ?Guedo X?!!!
But it's judgement day,
You won't escape again.

You won't know until you roll the dice.
(along the lines of 'don't count the chicken before they're hatched'.)

:: Maple Personnel
Oy oy~
How long are you going to continue [this charade]?

I'm going to go nuts if I don't do this at least.

So why did you have to be a troublemaker and make it difficult for the both of you?

I'm only human, It's natural to make mistakes.

Still, it's unfair that you banned Skill usage from a current Maple Personnel.

How is it that catching a petty thief could cause such a ruckus in the Construction Site?

You see... Most people would call that an accident.

Thanks to your accident, the construction near Cunning City is prolonged indefinitely.

Eh~ Eh~ Eh~ Whatever whatever,
Let's drop it already!

Ehwhew~
Anyways because you're off duty now, we're overloaded with work.

:: Rina
?Your name?!
?Your name?!

Eh... Eh... Now what?

:: Lina
?Your name?!
Where are you, you punk!

Downstairs. ?Rina?.

Tut tut~
I knew it would be like this.

Kkuung... What is it this time?
Can't you just leave me alone?

Do you even know what day it is today?

Today??? Hmm...
It's ?Rina?'s birthday?

When's the last time you stepped foot outside?
(Along the lines of 'Have you been living under a rock?')

Let's see, eh...
3 weeks ago, was it 4 weeks ago..
Maybe 5 weeks ago, or was it 6 weeks ago....

It's the day of the Skill Usage Allowance test!!!
If you pass you can work as a Maple Personnel again!

Eh? Skill Usage Allowance test?

Yeah! I bet you didn't even register for it did you?

Hm, you're right. I haven't registered.

I'll be over the to register,
hurry up and come towards the town's left exit.

Thanks.
I'll be right there.

Heh~ this is my final day of being good-for-nothing.
Then, excuse me~

Right, I forgot it was today.
Hurry up and go.

Warrior Route
~~~~~~~~~~ East Parion ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready?

:: Hechi
Of course! This side is all OK.
Come at me.

If you keep taking it easy you might get hurt.

Don't worry. I'm still a level above of you.

Fine! Here I go~~~~~!!

:: Message
You can hit your foe up front by pressing A.

:: Message
If you continuously press A, you can chain a combo attack.

*After beating the crap out of ?Hechi?*

Haven't my skills improved?

Yup, but you know...
I don't think training's all there is to it.

You know I wonder
when is ?Dancing with the Pig? Grandpa is going to let us go on an adventure?

Frustrating...
When are you going to stop listening to his every word?
(Along the line of 'stop being a mama's boy'.)

But, he's the Grandpa that raised us~

Yeah that's true...

:: Dancing with the Pig
So this is where you both are!

Ack Grandpa!

Something huge has happened!!

Something huge?

By any chance did you get a girlfriend Grandpa?

You know...
Can't you think before you speak?

Actually, today I'm told it is the day of the 'Skill Usage Allowance' test.

Ah~! So it's today!
Good! ?Hechi?! Let's go!

Wait! Wait!

Yes?

But you know...

Actually I sort of forgot that you have to register for the test beforehand...
So this month only one of you can take the test.

Ehhheeet!!??

Don't look so down. They'll have the test again.

Only one person huh...

I was in a hurry to register today,
they only had room for one more.

?Your name?, You should go.

No no. ?Hechi? should go first.

It's fine.
I'm not really interested in taking tests.
You know, right?

But...

It's alright...
Almost to the point where I think it's bothersome.

Yes, there's always a next time.
This time, ?Your name? should try for it.

I got it. Thanks, ?Hechi?.

One thing though,
If you fail you'll have to redo it.

Then I will go to Pherion first so hurry up and catch up to me.
Just saying, It's Kerning City in the MMO in english, and Perion.

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's things one should worry about later. All that matters now is finding a hacker that wants to participate in this project. I just might know the right guy, but the only way I know I can contact him is the ndss irc, and he's not online :s

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could probably write an inserter, but I don't have a lot of time to figure out the nxarc file format. Here's what I've got so far:

0x00-0x20 - Header
0x04 - number of folders
0x06 - number of files?
0x10 - start of file table relative to end of header
0x20-0x5C - folder table (4 bytes per entry, first 2 = # of files in folder?, next 2 = offset)
0x5C-0x18E - folder names
0x18E-0x55EC - file table? (2 bytes per entry, number of entries corresponds to # of files from folder table)

If someone can figure out enough to unpack/repack the files, I'll give it a shot.

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@sedicius
Didn't meant to offend you, your work is great and thanks for the solution to the riddle.
On another note, the game's kinda buggy like when you're fighting monsters or jumping from platform to platform, you would find yourself or the monsters suddenly in another part or the map or even off the map.

DarkFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ankoku said:
@sedicius
Didn't meant to offend you, your work is great and thanks for the solution to the riddle.
On another note, the game's kinda buggy like when you're fighting monsters or jumping from platform to platform, you would find yourself or the monsters suddenly in another part or the map or even off the map.
Odd, have not noticed that once. I'm using Cyclods Beta B

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
soupbandit said:
twiztidsinz said:
DJ91990 said:
Or you could wait until December 2010 or May 2011 when it goes the way of RAGNAROK ONLINE and has an English Release.
Give non-English games a few months to see if it is going to be released in the states before deciding to combine group efforts to translate the game.
If you are impatient then at least wait until E3 2010. Surely a game like Maplestory DS will be announced at a gaming event like E3, CES, TGS, or PAXIn terms of player base... I think Ragnarok's is larger than MapleStory's by a good portion.
Given how unlikely it was for Ragnarok DS to be translated, I don't have high hopes for MapleStory.
Nope ragnarok has a way lower player base than Maplestory. You must have never played maplestory or a noob thats under lvl150 xD Anyways ms is the 2nd biggest mmorpg according to Guinness world records game version. WoW of course is number 1 , while ragnarok isn't in the top 10...
Nope... I actually played just recently (the start of this month). The server population is WAY lower than when I played 2 years ago.
There's something like 18 channels per server, 2 years ago the first 8 or so channels were full and the next 6 were 50%~75% full with the remaining servers had 10%~30%
Now, it's the first one MAYBE two channels that are full the next 3 or 4 are 50% and the rest are under 15%.

Do you know why MapleStory is the "second biggest MMO"?
It's the same reason that I have 5 MapleStory accounts... because if you sign up with a fake birthday and forget your password your account is screwed (Unless you use a birthday 'cracker' which bruteforces birthdays) and you need to make a new one.

QUOTE(kosheh @ Apr 25 2010, 12:45 PM)
It's not so much Photoshop you need skills with.... It's tile editor, like CrystalTile2* that you need skills with.

*Unless you have someone with the skills to align the image correctly and is willing to extract it, send it to someone with the Photoshop skills who will then use the equivalent of MS Paint skills to edit the images since these are typically low color pixel images and all the fancy Photoshop skills are overkill... except for things like backgrounds and logos.

yeo0014

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... I really need help got an R4 SDHC Updated to the latest think its 1.09c or something... the game loads but I suffer from random freezes... Help ANYONE Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021