ROM Hack MapleStory DS - English Translation Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
For further discussion of the patch please use the link found in YayMii's post.
smile.gif

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkFrost said:
What the heck? Way to release a patch without notifying anyone else on the team!

This isn't even the revised version me and logan have been working on!

You are giving the community a half-done, half-revised early beta...

This is exactly why the project was supposed to be private from the start, to prevent this from happening.

Your actions have resulted in the main thread being locked, and numerous members leaving the team. For this reason I will leave the team and leave this project all to you, since you seem to want to take control over everything.

...btw I will not be releasing my edited, revised and complete patch with everything translated and 75% of story included to the public, due to it being sabotaged.

To those of you who were looking forward to the full 100%...you can thank this guy for ruining it. Its up to him now to finish this. I am leaving.
Great job Clashthunder, you're now officially an asshole

This thread's been reopened, I hope DarkFrost will eventually manage to calm his anger and proceed with this project anyway. It'd suck if clashthunder's actions really ruined it
frown.gif

~dunno what to believe anymore

Legendrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man... So much for an awsome first post.
unsure.gif
I hope too that he will come back because as a maple fan I was looking forward to this.
cry.gif

ArkT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What Darkfrost said in his post sounds too good to be true, and also Clashthunder said that he apparently translated 7000-8000 lines.

Also, I do not understand why Darkfrost and other members would leave the team merely because of an incomplete patch.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArkT said:
What Darkfrost said in his post sounds too good to be true, and also Clashthunder said that he apparently translated 7000-8000 lines.

Also, I do not understand why Darkfrost and other members would leave the team merely because of an incomplete patch.

it was suppose to be private until the patch was completed.

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
seeing as darkfrost was the one that started the project, it's understandable why he'd be upset over this. i just hope he hasn't completely given up on releasing a complete patch
frown.gif

Legendrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope so too but I understand his anger. He wanted to release it 100 percent compleated because he didnt want all of those betas todeal with and it would have satisfied the public compleatly instead of pestering him with questions about the next patch. I envy him. But i do propose that he compleate it because if its 75 percent compleated you might as well finish it. I ask that he consider this.
closedeyes.gif

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is one of the reasons why I dislike this scene I mean dammit clashthunder put out the patch as a public beta so that we can all of the bugs I mean theres only so much that six people can do also why quit he didn't kill anyone

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
corr0126 said:
this is one of the reasons why I dislike this scene I mean dammit clashthunder put out the patch as a public beta so that we can all of the bugs I mean theres only so much that six people can do also why quit he didn't kill anyone

true, there is only so much six people can do, but i would think having an organized and dedicated team can make things go so much quicker than the messy alternative of a public beta where there's no organization at all. that's just my own personal opinion tho

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
The cat boy is displeased
mad.gif
Personally I think we should boycott the other patch after this.

my thoughts exactly. in fact i already deleted the patch off my computer

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
The cat boy is displeased
mad.gif
Personally I think we should boycott the other patch after this.

Seconded, I think that this is a stupid attempt to try and gain more attention and popularity from GBAtemp.
I mean he (clashthunder) joined not too long ago, and most of his posts are related to Maplestory DS and the translation,
but heck this is just my opinion of the situation at hand.

Hopefully DarkFrost might reconsider releasing that patch.

G10

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
man... i never have downloaded that file if i know all this... deleted patch when i readed this.

I hope DarkFrost don't quit cause i really want that patch and i think more of us want
frown.gif

herriot126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang clash if you knew you werent suppossed to release it why'd you do so? I also believe DrakFrost has a right to be mad and i think he's pretty serious about his decision. But you never know, maybe he might change his mind (doubt it) Well goodbye maplestory ds, i pretty much give up on it.

Legendrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well to be honest i did download it but i didnt uset it because i read the review for it and then with all of the glitches and all it would be pointless.

Legendrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well to be honest i did download it but i didnt uset it because i read the review for it and then with all of the glitches and all it would be pointless. Goodbye maple story translation.
frown.gif

Legendrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize for the double post. My computer lagged and i pressed post twice accidently. That would be the best option.
yay.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one