France
Last edited by Wiimpathy,

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Framedrops are still there for those games and surely others. I just compiled https://github.com/arcadez/-mame2003-plus-libretro. Nothing more. The Wii isn't powerful enough to emulate some games. I've added a dedicated makefile and conditional directives to ease the compilation. That was really tedious and boring, I'm done with it now. If someone wants and is able to improve the Wii port, feel free to help!

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have sucessfully compile a lite version to support asterix, captain america and the avengers and couple of other game. However, I have the same sound glitch for games: Hook, Undercover cops, Blade Master. The sound playing like on dead speaker, on blade master, just insert the coin, make a noise like "pssshhhhhhhhhhh" any idea why ?

johnnymandibula

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
thanks for the mame2003 for the wii, is better than mame2000 and more compatible :)
can you do a cps1, cps2 and neo geo core for mame2003? in the final burn we can´t acces to change controls and dip switches to change options in the games as we can do in mame2003 cores
sorry for my poor english

Last edited by johnnymandibula,
Reactions: rogerioronin

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have sucessfully compile a lite version to support asterix, captain america and the avengers and couple of other game. However, I have the same sound glitch for games: Hook, Undercover cops, Blade Master. The sound playing like on dead speaker, on blade master, just insert the coin, make a noise like "pssshhhhhhhhhhh" any idea why ?
Why don't you try with the source I've posted? There's no sound issue in the m92 driver anymore. Adding -fsigned-char seems to fix it. If you're able to help, please don't lose your time doing something that's already done. You could try to implement light gun support for example.;) Or even posting the cps/neo builds.

thanks for the mame2003 for the wii, is better than mame2000 and more compatible :)
can you do a cps1, cps2 and neo geo core for mame2003? in the final burn we can´t acces to change controls and dip switches to change options in the games as we can do in mame2003 cores
sorry for my poor english
I don't how cps1/2 performance/compatibility would be compared with fba. Same thing for neo and virtual memory must added once again. No no thanks, it's too much work for me sorry.

Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I will try it tonight ;) Ill let you know if theses games have any sound issue.

Why don't you try with the source I've posted? There's no sound issue in the m92 driver anymore. Adding -fsigned-char seems to fix it. If you're able to help, please don't lose your time doing something that's already done. You could try to implement light gun support for example.;) Or even posting the cps/neo builds.

I don't how cps1/2 performance/compatibility would be compared with fba. Same thing for neo and virtual memory must added once again. No no thanks, it's too much work for me sorry.
U

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Just test it, and every games work perfectly, nice job !!! thank you very much for your work it must took you a lot of time to do it :)

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why Knight of Valour is not in any core and it is between # if 0 #endif ?

Beside that, all my game work fine, except night slashers, it start loading, splash garbage on screen for 2 sec and then return to homebrew channel, maybe I just dont have the right rom ? I try different one, no success..

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are Mame 2003 cores containing almost all drivers. There are 7 cores. Neogeo/CPS1/CPS2/CPS3/Psikyo/PGM/Cave/ST-V/Kinst and a few others are excluded since they are already in FBA or would be too slow.
Check the Readme to see which games are supported and how to sort the roms.

MAME 2003 Plus

Source code
Hi, which source of mame 2003 plus did you use for your modifications ? I try to investigate what I miss in my makefile, because I still have the sound glitch for Hook so I copy your sources_c coreA and your coreA of drive.c into my source and I still have that sound glitch, so I think I dont use a good project source maybe ...

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://github.com/arcadez/mame2003-plus-libretro from march 13.

I don't understand why you don't use my source to start your modifications. Anyway, hook, r-type leo (m92 driver) are all affected by this audio bug. It happens for the raspberry, that's where I took the fix. In the Makefile, I've added -fsigned-char to the PLATCFLAGS as I already told you.
If you want to use the last commit from arcadez as a base you'd have to use my makefiles and the 2 files I've changed usrintrf.c and cheat.c. I should post a diff, it'd be simpler.

Regarding night slashers and the deco32 in general, you're right some games won't start. I saw your discussion with arcadez. Well, I'm not completely dumb, I didn't split the cores blindly, I know there are a lot of connections between drivers, cpu etc. But with that many games to sort there could be mistakes and things I've forgotten (any help welcome!).
I've made a rough test with virtual memory cause there's not enough Ram and night slashers starts. But sadly, it runs like shit. No way to start the other late deco32 games either.

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't understand why you don't use my source to start your modifications. Anyway, hook, r-type leo (m92 driver) are all affected by this audio bug. It happens for the raspberry, that's where I took the fix. In the Makefile, I've added -fsigned-char to the PLATCFLAGS as I already told you.
If you want to use the last commit from arcadez as a base you'd have to use my makefiles and the 2 files I've changed usrintrf.c and cheat.c. I should post a diff, it'd be simpler.

Regarding night slashers and the deco32 in general, you're right some games won't start. I saw your discussion with arcadez. Well, I'm not completely dumb, I didn't split the cores blindly, I know there are a lot of connections between drivers, cpu etc. But with that many games to sort there could be mistakes and things I've forgotten (any help welcome!).
I've made a rough test with virtual memory cause there's not enough Ram and night slashers starts. But sadly, it runs like shit. No way to start the other late deco32 games either.

Ok, dont worry, I use your cores and I am very happy that you took the time to do it, Im on my own since 2 weeks to try to make work somes games so .. lol

I am just curious, why games like Hook have this sound glitch but I see you fixed 2 files ? that's explain why I still have the glitch with your makefile and driver.c on my sources..

As for Night Slahsers I am out of ideas, some games have dependencies that is not very clear, but this game is supposed to work, Arcadez confirm it work, so it must be a file we missing ..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you think it would be easy to find a fix for golden axe 2 ? the game run good but sound is choppy, I wonder if the bug exist on other platform ...

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It seems you haven't understood what I explained.

1. The fix for Rtype leo, hook(?) etc : add -fsigned-char in the Makefile.

2. Night Slashers and other deco32 games should run on all platforms without issues. On Wii it's crashing because there's not enough Ram.
I've managed to launch it by adding virtual memory in the code. The game is slow though.

3. There are tiny changes in usrintrf.c and cheat.c. It's just to compile without the neogeo driver.

4. A fix for golden axe 2 would very difficult. Again wii specific, weak cpu.

Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im curious, how adding a flag fix a sound issue ?

2. Night Slashers and other deco32 games should run on all platforms without issues. On Wii it's crashing because there's not enough Ram.
I've managed to launch it by adding virtual memory in the code. The game is slow though.

3. There are tiny changes in usrintrf.c and cheat.c. It's just to compile without the neogeo driver.

ARCADEHISTORY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Amazing work @Wiimpathy there is some possibility of solving the sound problem of FBA's neo-geo core (which since version 1.3.6 is not solved), and adapting it to the latest version of retroarch, works very well and is a It hurts not to compile it in the latest version of retroarch. Thanks again for your work.

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A little update to the CoreD. The sega32 games seems to run better now. Spider-man almost full speed and Golden axe is a bit better(still a lot of framedrops). Thanks to arcadez!

MAME2003-WII-0.2

Source code

ARCADEHISTORY, Have you seen this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/large-neogeo-games-support-and-cps3-tests.493767
The audio bug is likely caused by devkitppc 28+ and newer libs, I don't know why.

Edit : @Cecilmax if you want to test night slashers here it is compiled with an older retroarch 1.3 to fit into ram. It runs very badly.

Attachments

• mame2003-plus_coreD-nslasher.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 544
Last edited by Wiimpathy,

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A little update to the CoreD. The sega32 games seems to run better now. Spider-man almost full speed and Golden axe is a bit better(still a lot of framedrops). Thanks to arcadez!

MAME2003-WII-0.2

Source code

ARCADEHISTORY, Have you seen this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/large-neogeo-games-support-and-cps3-tests.493767
The audio bug is likely caused by devkitppc 28+ and newer libs, I don't know why.

Edit : @Cecilmax if you want to test night slashers here it is compiled with an older retroarch 1.3 to fit into ram. It runs very badly.

Thanks a lot I will test it :)

I am not familiar with c programming, I am use to programming with Visual Basic lol I wonder how the engine load the game ? I mean if we look at system32.c file it have couple of rom_start() and rom_end, how the engin know which one to run ? where the function rom_start is defined and what is the purpose to have a rom_end tag ? If you can give me some informations, that will help me understand the code :)

EDIT:
just test it with 3 games: arabian fight, spiderman and golden axe 2

result:
spiderman playing very well on my side on Wii, nore more slow motion, but it still miss the voice speech when spiderman is on the wall in the intro when the game start after we select the character.

as for golden axe 2, the speed of the game was never an issue, only the sound is choppy ..

for arabian fight, before the fix it was unplayable, now it have almost normal speed, a little more speed up and it would be perfect I think :)

Last edited by Cecilmax,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Night Slashers is not running on WiiU mame2003 due some protection (but it runs with some framedrops, on Mame2010), so, I believe on old Wii will not run too.

also I just finished Shadow Force is working 100% good

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Night Slashers is not running on WiiU mame2003 due some protection (but it runs with some framedrops, on Mame2010), so, I believe on old Wii will not run too.

also I just finished Shadow Force is working 100% good

I wonder how we "force" frame drops in the code ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over