R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I want to make windows 7 look better. So far I have installed Rocketdock and Rainmeter. I was wondering if there was a way of changing what the 'windows key' does. I want to have an animated pop up of a window that displays all of my apps/programs in one place with a search function. Like what it does already but better looking and in the center of the screen. Then I would like to remove the taskbar completely and just have the Rocketdock (as it already displays the time/date etc. Does anybody know of a program/mod/setting that does this? Also does anyone know of any good programs/mods/setting to make windows 7 look better/cooler/more creative?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Check out some of the stardock applications, they allow you to change all sorts of windows crap.
ObjectDock can hide the taskbar no problem.

My windows desktop used to look like this--
desktop01.png

It just needed a systray replacement.

Reactions: R4Liam

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
pzTOBmt.jpg

That is what my desktop looks like at the moment. I want a start menu replacement basically similar in style to an app drawer on android (like the smart launcher app draw if anyone know of it)

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make windows 7 look better. So far I have installed Rocketdock and Rainmeter. I was wondering if there was a way of changing what the 'windows key' does. I want to have an animated pop up of a window that displays all of my apps/programs in one place with a search function. Like what it does already but better looking and in the center of the screen. Then I would like to remove the taskbar completely and just have the Rocketdock (as it already displays the time/date etc. Does anybody know of a program/mod/setting that does this? Also does anyone know of any good programs/mods/setting to make windows 7 look better/cooler/more creative?

Capture and reassign keystrokes.

Windows launcher.

My inner engineer is cringing at the thought of all the wasted system resources just running all that crap.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture and reassign keystrokes.

Windows launcher.

My inner engineer is cringing at the thought of all the wasted system resources just running all that crap.

rotflmao, I agree... pretty desktops make my poor machine run slower and I am all about instant gratification when it comes to my PC.

Getting time to upgrade this dino, C2D 3Ghz 8GB's RAM and 2TB's of storage used to be a monster but now its getting old... lol

Edit: By upgrade I mean move the entire thing out to the living room to serve as a media center PC and build something nicer for my own use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.