• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Making modern weapons to be legal everywhere

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, they want to give the Criminals the advantage, and have everyone be potential good little Helpless, Defenseless Victims??????? I would tell them they can go do something with themselves......preferably, involuntarily.

well it really truly boils down to one factor, americans who live in the upper middle class and above, dont need the government, thats why they want them gone, they want total reliance from the criminals they let out, the illegals who enter with free rain, and the impoverished who have no choice.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it really truly boils down to one factor, americans who live in the upper middle class and above, dont need the government, thats why they want them gone, they want total reliance from the criminals they let out, the illegals who enter with free rain, and the impoverished who have no choice.
Yeah, like this idiot that is mentioned, saying only the Rich have the 2nd Amendment Right, and by that "Argument", only the Rich have Rights, which is complete and utter BS

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people had weapons Tiananmen Square would have changed nothing.
Odd that the United States has never had a Tiananmen Square. Wonder what is holding the government back?
It was a pacifist protest for starters - the whole power of that day and what it symbolizes is portrayed by a person unarmed defying a tank, and they were facing a trained army with tanks and all the military equipment. They would have been obliterated the same or worse because they could not concede escapees to regroup.
You should go talk to some old Koreans or Vietnamese. Better yet, go talk to they Afghanis. They managed to repel two superpowers with very little equipment or training.
Same goes for the US and the people who says guns are for protecting yourself against government. The day the government unleashes the most powerful military on earth on your ass, no AR-15 will save you.

The United States was won by farmers against the superpower of the day. Wars are not won by weapons. They are won by strategies.

There is zero chance the American military are going to bomb or nuke American cities, no matter how often the Resident threatens it.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Odd that the United States has never had a Tiananmen Square. Wonder what is holding the government back?

It's not a dictatorship? You did have Kent State massacre though.

You should go talk to some old Koreans or Vietnamese. Better yet, go talk to they Afghanis. They managed to repel two superpowers with very little equipment or training.

They have the high ground. Or the deep jungle. You want to compare the US military acting at home with deploying on the other side of the globe? Also Korea and Vietnam were backed by other super powers.

The United States was won by farmers against the superpower of the day. Wars are not won by weapons. They are won by strategies.

Halfway across the world, and they didn't have drones and tanks, had they? And they raised an army, it wasn't Vietnam on US, that notion is ridiculous. Also backed by France, I believe you have a statue to celebrate that support somewhere, and the Spanish and the Dutch.

And who has the strategy? The civil folks who buy weapons or the army?

There is zero chance the American military are going to bomb or nuke American cities, no matter how often the Resident threatens it.

It's your paranoia, not mine.

Last edited by pustal,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a dictatorship? You did have Kent State massacre though.
You had to reach way back into history for that one. That was also the National Guard, not active duty military, who are not even allowed to be deployed here at home.
They have the high ground. Or the deep jungle. You want to compare the US military acting at home with deploying on the other side of the globe? Also Korea and Vietnam were backed by other super powers.
We have high ground, swamps, and deserts. The same terrain most other countries have. Besides, the military is not going to destroy their own homes. People forget that they live here too.
Halfway across the world, and they didn't have drones and tanks, had they? And they raised an army, it wasn't Vietnam on US, that notion is ridiculous. Also backed by France, I believe you have a statue to celebrate that support somewhere, and the Spanish and the Dutch.

And who has the strategy? The civil folks who buy weapons or the army?
Many gun owners are prior military, like myself.
It's your paranoia, not mine.
I'm not the one spreading BlueAnon conspiracy theories about the U.S. military attacking the citizens in their own communities. Loosen up that tinfoil hat their buddy, you're cutting off oxygen to your brain.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TraderPatTX - Prior Service: Years ago, read how Dianne Feinstein wanted it so Vets with PTSD should not be in possession of, or able to get Firearms. Not all PTSD is Violence related. Me, I have Nightmares I dont remember, I dont even know I even had a Dream, and I also dont like being in large crowds. How does that make me a Threat???????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.