Hacking Making gateway 3ds support multiple Roms on 1 SD card.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't claim they advertised it. Please if you are not willing to put much effort into understanding other people's basic posts, just don't post.
Rydian said:
What have they promised and/or advertised that you do not believe will be delivered?
- Play games from other regions. They claimed due to popular demand (where does this demand came from btw?) they are looking into supporting games from foreign regions.
I think YOU need to put in effort before commenting. That and learn to express what you mean to say properly.

I am pretty sure you are aware that they only promised to look into it. Hell, you even mentioned it right after. But never have they promised that they will get it up and running.

Semantics, I know. But really. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Skimping out on words can make a hell of a lot of difference.

On topic:
IIRC they should have started out on the first batch or at least be on the verge of it already. Since there isn't a switch from what I have seen in the original vid, I doubt they'd be able to change everything at the last second because who knows what will go wrong when stuff is changed abruptly like that. But hey, who knows. They might just do it to secure more buyers meybe?

Reactions: AACThaKid

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think YOU need to put in effort before commenting. That and learn to express what you mean to say properly.

I am pretty sure you are aware that they only promised to look into it. Hell, you even mentioned it right after. But never have they promised that they will get it up and running.

Semantics, I know. But really. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Skimping out on words can make a hell of a lot of difference.
What is wrong with you? I already said I didn't claim they advertised it. And I'm not expecting any features they claimed they will look at. What's your point?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Then why did you call it a scam?

A scam is product or service that advertises something and then does not deliver what was advertised.
Because people have the fucking right to expect basic features of a product that costs $80. People expect a card to have basic features like saving and support for multiple roms. What I think is, the people behind gateway are just lying and use empty promises to make people buy their cart. We will look into this and that. Sure, I will also look into making a working flux capacitor.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people have the fucking right to expect basic features of a product that costs $80. People expect a card to have basic features like saving and support for multiple roms. What I think is, the people behind gateway are just lying and use empty promises to make people buy their cart. We will look into this and that. Sure, I will also look into making a working flux capacitor.

But you're failing to understand that primitive flashcarts are almost never going to have basic features. They have the right to charge $80 because they created the first one. Every first generation flashcart for a console was always clunky.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What did they lie about?

What have they promised that you don't believe they'll give?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But you're failing to understand that primitive flashcarts are almost never going to have basic features. They have the right to charge $80 because they created the first one. Every first generation flashcart for a console was always clunky.
Well, you can put it that way, but to me this sounds like an excuse.

What did they lie about?

What have they promised that you don't believe they'll give?
Eh, you got me there. They didn't lie. But the way their faq is written make people expect things they probably can't deliver.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i think it's safe (i don't think they couldn't do it) to keep games running 1:1. why? because if any slightly change in rom memory layout could be sniffed easily by background processes / firmware

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can put it that way, but to me this sounds like an excuse.

Eh, you got me there. They didn't lie. But the way their faq is written make people expect things they probably can't deliver.

It's not necessarily excuses. I don't know if you were around during the first generation carts of the Nintendo DS, but those things were like 200 bucks, one game per SD as well, load through slot 2 on the DS, and all sorts of terrible. :( I actually see where they're coming from, and having owned one of these first carts for some time, I can tell you right now that what is being promised so far by Gateway looks a hell of a lot better than Crown3DS.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the best way to utilize Gateway, is to use it how primitive Flashme's used the GBA slot in NDS to boot NDS games. We already know the 3DS SD slot is capable of booting 3DS games.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
It is not a fucking 'hardware' switch for christs sake. How the fuck would the single game it spoofed match up to all of the signed untouchable roms? i can't be bothered to look up the info but there is the cart key to allow the cart to run, and they clearly have it and possibly other keys. But they will use the cart key method now because then when Nintendo updates to block it, the flashcart update will let every current firmware 3DS run it's actual proper code.

The guy who said it's the 'safe' way is right.. the fact it doesn't support saves at all probably indicates its mimicing an official game as much as possible.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It is not a fucking 'hardware' switch for christs sake. How the fuck would the single game it spoofed match up to all of the signed untouchable roms? i can't be bothered to look up the info but there is the cart key to allow the cart to run, and they clearly have it and possibly other keys. But they will use the cart key method now because then when Nintendo updates to block it, the flashcart update will let every current firmware 3DS run it's actual proper code.
You know, the DSTwo reads the header data that it feeds to the DS from the MicroSD, live, on boot... remove the MicroSD, put a DSTwo in, and there's no icon because it has no data to feed the DS/3DS. In addition some 'firmware updates' were just file replacement on the MicroSD, the DSTwo's firmware update area didn't even need to be flashed.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Well i mean yes, there is hardware running on the Gateway too of course, mapping the IO signals or whatever. But it probably has some system to hide it's secrets in some way, they don't want anything on the SD besides whatever encrypted format their updates will be in.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Does it really need all that partition hell? They could just put a button that cycles through the ROMs alphabetically when pressed. Hell, I have a Gameboy multicart that can do that. We have no problem running code on a flashcart, just running it through the 3DS CPU. As long as the cart gets power from the 3DS, it can run its own processor that manages and serves the selected ROM at the push of a button like xyzmanas suggested. The only problem is the interface(and lack thereof) since everything the cart does it has to do on its own without the 3DS' participation.

...and for heaven's sake can we please move on to NTFS already? FAT isn't even gonna support ROMs bigger than 4GB.

xyzmanas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
god, this should be closed now. I CLEARLY MENTIONED IN MY OP THAT THIS IS JUST AN IDEA WHICH THEY COULD IMPLEMENT SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE and I also mentioned that I don't have the proper information about the hardware required, stop fighting over petty issues and wait for the release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night