Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hoping I can get some clarification here... Most of the information I can find is related to writing blank stickers/cards.

Can I write a dumped .bin to a physical amiibo of the same kind? I want to write a 20 heart wolf amiibo's data to my wolf amiibo.

I installed version 2.3.2 of TagMo (2.3.3 crashed when doing this). I used the "Restore Tag" button with the box for "Allow restore to different tag" checked, and it claimed to successfully write the data. Unfortunately I have no way to test that this was successful until BotW comes out.

I should be able to test it, and I have time right now if you pm me the bin, Im curious if this will work and am impatient to wait for The Frenchman

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For other people wanting to do this, the bin file that was originally created with the tagmo app was corrupt. I did get it working though. It required me to have a wii u and TP though, so right now Im just looking into if I can figure out if you can skip those steps... will post back with results.

Edit: nvm... I was going to look into how to hack an owner and nickname and cave of shadows save onto an amiibo so you would be able to apply a "cheat" and have it go from a stock wolf link to a 20 heart one without needing a save but I dont really want to put any more time into it. Hacking an already existing save of wolf link to have 20 hearts is good enough for me

Last edited by Random11,

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For other people wanting to do this, the bin file that was originally created with the tagmo app was corrupt. I did get it working though. It required me to have a wii u and TP though, so right now Im just looking into if I can figure out if you can skip those steps... will post back with results.

It should work and theres a fork of tagmo in github that lets you edit them directly.

When using my own real amiibo I was able to transfer my save to a card then back to the amiibo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should work and theres a fork of tagmo in github that lets you edit them directly.

When using my own real amiibo I was able to transfer my save to a card then back to the amiibo.

I dont know much about tagmo... but dumping your own amiibo to a card then back wouldnt be an issue because the UID would be the same. The issue in tagmo is trying to save someone else's amiibo save onto your own amiibo. But maybe that fork handles that better IDK.

N30RYU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Must have been answered before... but if you mess writing an NTAG215 you can't use "NFC ReTAG" or "TagWriter" to full erase the NFC tag?

Some are advertised like "No need to buy expensive NFC Tags -->Just re-use write protected NFC Tags with NFC ReTAG!" and have "delete to factory" "full erase" options...

Last edited by N30RYU,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word about the new Zelda amiibos being a new size?
I've been looking. Can't find them anywhere yet. Probably won't until after Friday. All the other Zelda amiibo cards I have work great in the game though. Can't wait to see what the new amiibos can do.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got one question.

I managed to find only NTAG216, and I was wondering if I can use those to create Amiibo tags in place of the 215?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one question.

I managed to find only NTAG216, and I was wondering if I can use those to create Amiibo tags in place of the 215?
Nope. Not yet

They're getting harder and harder to find. Even after adding them to my cart and then looking at the shipping details it "magically" changes them to ntag216s. I don't think most vendors know the difference.

Last edited by Kafluke,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got one question.

Someone in this thread said earlier that it's possible by doing some partitioning on the 216, however they didn't share an detail nor tools needed.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone in this thread said earlier that it's possible by doing some partitioning on the 216, however they didn't share an detail nor tools needed.
Possible doesn't mean said user actually accomplished this. I pray and hope I'm wrong.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope. Not yet

They're getting harder and harder to find. Even after adding them to my cart and then looking at the shipping details it "magically" changes them to ntag216s. I don't think most vendors know the difference.
Ah damn :/
Guess I'll have to wait longer then, I could only find 216 at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the headsup though.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got ripped off. These tags I bought from Amazon came pre-loaded with Smash Bros Mario. They were supposed to be empty.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone have a 20 hearts Wolf Link NFC Tag they could sell me?

I have good tags and if you scan unformatted ones it says Mario but it's not true.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All blank tags say super Mario smash for some reason when you scan with tagmo

Each card is known by its character, it's format, and it's variant iirc. Mario is character zero, plastic is format zero, and it's original Mario, not doctor or gold or silver, so it's variant zero.

There other formats are card and wool so far.

Last edited by kidasquid,

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hoping I can get some clarification here... Most of the information I can find is related to writing blank stickers/cards.

Can I write a dumped .bin to a physical amiibo of the same kind? I want to write a 20 heart wolf amiibo's data to my wolf amiibo.

I installed version 2.3.2 of TagMo (2.3.3 crashed when doing this). I used the "Restore Tag" button with the box for "Allow restore to different tag" checked, and it claimed to successfully write the data. Unfortunately I have no way to test that this was successful until BotW comes out.
Do you have an n3ds or wiiu?

If yes: register an owner/give a nickname to your wolflink, write the save/dump with tagmo, check if amiibo can still be read without error and owner/name changed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't they got an entire fake Hollywood set