Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A little late with IOSU coming out. I will just wait for a Gecko code to unlock everything. The best use for an Amibo is to unlock the good boards in Mario Party, and I don't even own Mario Party. Nintendo might make a good use for Link in Zelda U, but my only real Amiibo is Link, so I'm covered.

Thanks for the guide though. It is helpful to people obsessed with Smash.

Yeah you wait, this is out now. When will an iosu exploit be out? Oh yeah before Christmas, shame he didn't say which year.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way that Nintendo can patch non authorized amiibos in the future? I know this is a stupid question, I could've sworn I read this somewhere before. Wouldn't want to make these then suddenly not be able to use them. Which is why I stopped looking at amiiqo.

Bozog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this nice tutorial.

I still have a question though:
What is the benefit of this vs an Amiiqo.
Buying an amiiqo is like 40$?
if each ntag costs around 1$ wouldnt it be like 40 ntags vs 200 amiibos via amiiqo?

No fun in buying something that works already is there ;)

EDIT: also can the amiiqo work with downloaded amiibos?

Last edited by Bozog,

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this nice tutorial.

I still have a question though:
What is the benefit of this vs an Amiiqo.
Buying an amiiqo is like 40$?
if each ntag costs around 1$ wouldnt it be like 40 ntags vs 200 amiibos via amiiqo?

I would also like to know this. I just bought an amiiqo with 2 units and a reader. Kinda annoyed if this is the exact same thing but without the faff of switching amiibos via the button lol.

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: yuyuyup

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get 10 from a UK eBay seller, so hopefully I will be able to try this in a few days. Ironically my amiiqo is still in the post, so I may end up getting the tags before that lol. Maybe I will sell the amiiqo if this method works good.

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get 10 from a UK eBay seller, so hopefully I will be able to try this in a few days. Ironically my amiiqo is still in the post, so I may end up getting the tags before that lol. Maybe I will sell the amiiqo if this method works good.

Could you post a link to where you bought the 10 from on ebay? I'm looking to purchase a low amount as well to test this out personally

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you post a link to where you bought the 10 from on ebay? I'm looking to purchase a low amount as well to test this out personally

Sent you a PM :)

Ironically my amiiqo / n2 arrived. Smaller than I thought it would be. My only reservation is clicking that button to switch amiibos all the time.

Reactions: Hellhacker1990

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No fun in buying something that works already is there ;)
EDIT: also can the amiiqo work with downloaded amiibos?
I thought that this was actually the only intention (the fun of DIY).
And if I'm correct, you can use amiiqo with downloaded bins (if i am not mistaken they themselev have a LARGE library)

I would also like to know this. I just bought an amiiqo with 2 units and a reader. Kinda annoyed if this is the exact same thing but without the faff of switching amiibos via the button lol.
If i remember correctly, isn't there an android app with which you can switch the amiibos directly? Using a grid layout or such to show all current stored amiibos from the amiiqo?

DangitBobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the spec sheet of those are correct they wont work as they have 888 bytes of writeable data. The NTAGs that work with this method need to have 540 bytes.
This is the pack I purchased as well and they are indeed 540-byte NTAG215 chips. Looks like the seller copy/pasted the description from the NTAG216 version but they work just fine.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought that this was actually the only intention (the fun of DIY).
And if I'm correct, you can use amiiqo with downloaded bins (if i am not mistaken they themselev have a LARGE library)

If i remember correctly, isn't there an android app with which you can switch the amiibos directly? Using a grid layout or such to show all current stored amiibos from the amiiqo?

I have just received it so I am going to try it out this evening, but I think that just shows you what you have in the slots. Not sure if you can directly switch to an amiibo via it (I could be wrong). I bought a few 215 tags anyway to try this method, worth giving it a go

05sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain. I tried compiling with both FreeBSD and Ubuntu (both fresh installs) and I get the same error. It compiles fine, but when I try to run the command, I get unexpected on of file or incorrect syntax near "("

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway