XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Krisboo @ Oct 11 2009, 04:19 PM)
you are minuspreciating

wait... what? o.o
anywho, I agree... That was kind of shitty, yaymii

Jajjaja, I'm not from an english speaker country, so, i didn't know how to spell it right, i was refering to the fact that YayMii was Despising, looking down Godzilla's work. But i think you know what i was referring to xD.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read my later posts
dry.gif

I said this was helpful, but there were a few mistakes before that I noticed.
(or at least stuff that didn't match the original G/S)

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to know where the battle dialog is.. it's really gay going into battle to see something I can't read, or in a translations case: "Go! -insert pkmn name here-!"... it'd be nice to see "Rip 'em apart, Tiratina!"

You guys can do the (very hard) work of translating.. I just want to add swearing and more modern sentences
smile.gif

This IS helpful. Just stating that...

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Wrong. It's still faster to merely translate as you go. Someone who is fluent in Japanese would have no problem whatsoever translating quickly as they go.
XD don't even have to be fluent, you just have to have a good understanding of the grammar, a good understanding of the context the text is used in and a dictionary program(JWPCE is great for that). Also, you'll need to have knowledge of Japanese verbs though(As a lot of times verbs don't use their dictionary "base").

ParMa said:
I would love to know where the battle dialog is.. it's really gay going into battle to see something I can't read, or in a translations case: "Go! -insert pkmn name here-!"... it'd be nice to see "Rip 'em apart, Tiratina!"

You guys can do the (very hard) work of translating.. I just want to add swearing and more modern sentences
smile.gif

This IS helpful. Just stating that...
Let me put it this way, it's over 1000 lines of different text to translate the normal battle stuff. Luckily the Battle Text is straight from the Platinum Engine(Same amount of lines and everything) so you can just copy and paste.

All I have to say is it definitely helps to atleast be able to read Katakana and Hiragana. Also get something like JWPCE, where you can type Japanese text. That way if you see Japanese text, you can just write it and search for where it is in the XML. That's what I do.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
bwillb said:
Revolutionize said:
bwillb said:
xvirus said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
This is just plain stupid.

If someone can't even translate the basics such as these, they should probably stay away from translating at all. Plus, who really wants 15 more translations posted in this forum with nothing more than just this info in the game
rolleyes.gif
I don't think its a matter of translation ability, but a matter of "why reinvent the wheel?" No matter how good you are with japanese its still faster to search and replace than it is to translate each word as you go
tongue.gif

Wrong. It's still faster to merely translate as you go. Someone who is fluent in Japanese would have no problem whatsoever translating quickly as they go.
guess it depends on your technical aptitude... translating every instance of each word in a couple of button clicks seems pretty fast. But I guess if you can type faster than search and replace can run (say.... 10,000 words per second?) more power to ya.
In the case of translating Pokemon, machine-replacing some words would make it a whole lot easier, due to the facts that the Japanese names of characters do not match the English names, so replacing names and such automatically would help. On the other hand, suggesting that it would be faster to translate solely by replacing words is just ridiculous. The Japanese grammar is so vastly different to English that the end result would be unintelligible.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any idea 'How' to patch the Edited Hgssdialogue.xml? Well, I know that you're supposed to type in "patch (xmlnamehere).xml" without the quotations. I did that, but All I get is a Bunch of Text saying that that was an error, then 'thenewpoketext.exe' shuts down.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am r4ymond said:
Does anyone have any idea 'How' to patch the Edited Hgssdialogue.xml? Well, I know that you're supposed to type in "patch (xmlnamehere).xml" without the quotations. I did that, but All I get is a Bunch of Text saying that that was an error, then 'thenewpoketext.exe' shuts down.
Make sure to change the "false" tags in the XML to "true".

lauruns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

You must : You need to have a NEW version of ndstool in your $path...

But...
wacko.gif
What is that "$path"?

I don't understand it...

Please, help me!

Thanks...
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I am r4ymond said:

I already changed all the "False" tags to "True." ._.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godzilla3456 said:
I am r4ymond said:
YayMii said:
I am r4ymond said:

I already changed all the "False" tags to "True." ._.

yea, well I was going to make my own translation, but I got lost too. I do know how to patch, I found these useful:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181003
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180848 (Post 7)

Thanks, I went to the Second link and it helped a lot. The Original Help (the first link) wasn't really helpful. Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1