Make Translating a bit faster!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by godzilla3456, Oct 11, 2009.

Oct 11, 2009
  1. godzilla3456
    OP

Newcomer godzilla3456 Member

United States
    <!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->O.k.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--> Well this is for convenience and for people who rely on inaccurate Google Translate.
    And give a big thank you to: godzilla3456(Me) and yaminokame from Pokebeach<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><u><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Key<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->Blu<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></u><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><u>e</u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> = Section
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->Green<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> = Sub Section<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><u><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>
    </b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></u><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->
    BTW<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--> Hit Ctrl+F to search (Translators copy and paste Japanese words to replace with English Faster!)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><u><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Characters<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></u>
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><u><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Landmarks</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></u><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <u><b><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Map Locations<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b></u>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><u><b>Item List</b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->どうぐポケット - Item Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->かいふくポケット - Healing Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->ボールポケット - Ball Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->わざマシンポケット - TM/HM Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->きのみポケット - Berry Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->メールポケット - Mail Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->せんとうようポケット - Battle Pocket<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->
    たいせつなものポケット - Key Items<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <u><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->National Pokedex<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> </b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></u>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><u><b>Johto Pokedex </b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<u><b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->タイプ - Type <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></u>
    <u><b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->
    のうりょく - Skill<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></u>
    <u><b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro-->
    せいかく - Nature<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></u>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><u><b>とくせい - Ability</b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><u><b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Pokethlon<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->
    <u><b>File ID List</b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Almost everything here is already translated in my demo, and is translated a little better than this [​IMG]
    EDIT: Not anymore! Thanks for updating, godzilla3456!

3. godzilla3456
    OP

United States
    Well its for some of the people that try to rely on Google translate and the people who may need to know a word or two

And the people who legally bought the game from Japan LOL

4. Krisboo

Newcomer Krisboo Advanced Member

Chile
    But you weren't the one who was translating with google?

Aniway, i think it's quite useful for people making the translations. I'm not doing one, but i send you my thanks!

5. godzilla3456
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the support!
    I'm going to add a lot more content tomorrow:)

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You DO know that my translation's a Google translation, right?

And it took me about half an hour to translate this.

So this isn't very useful.

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Bullshit.
    You used GoogleTranslate for your "translation", it's not better than anything.

8. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    @twiztidsinz: I didn't use Google Translate for everything.
    And this seems to be more and more useful as he updates.

9. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How is yours "better" than this though? From what japanese I know, it looks pretty accurate here.

10. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Well, when I checked, there were mistakes in some places.

But the Johto Dex order is unneeded, and is only correct for the original games (HG/SS has additional Pokémon in the Johto Dex)

11. godzilla3456
    OP

United States
    uhhh... It doesn't matter, that you personally don't need this, maybe someone else does!

Or the people who LEGALLY bought the game from Japan! And are stuck on a few things.

12. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Well actually, I find this helpful. It's just that a few things here are a little different than what I have, or were incorrect at the time of posting.
    The trainer names and Pokéthlon events are useful to me, as I don't have that information yet.

I'm just saying that most of this information is easy to find, or is already translated by people.

And I don't think the landmark stuff is useful. I don't see anywhere to put that (except for when it's in people's speech script).

13. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    This is just plain stupid.

14. xvirus

Member xvirus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If someone can't even translate the basics such as these, they should probably stay away from translating at all. Plus, who really wants 15 more translations posted in this forum with nothing more than just this info in the game [​IMG]

15. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    You're a pompous idiot. Who the hell cares on what you did. I'll say you're the ignorant one. Your comment was in no way (well maybe some way) relevant to the topic at hand.

16. bwillb

United States
    I don't think its a matter of translation ability, but a matter of "why reinvent the wheel?" No matter how good you are with japanese its still faster to search and replace than it is to translate each word as you go [​IMG]

17. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Wrong. It's still faster to merely translate as you go. Someone who is fluent in Japanese would have no problem whatsoever translating quickly as they go.

18. bwillb

United States
    guess it depends on your technical aptitude... translating every instance of each word in a couple of button clicks seems pretty fast. But I guess if you can type faster than search and replace can run (say.... 10,000 words per second?) more power to ya.

19. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    OK then.
    I was replying to the person who said that there was no way that mine could be more accurate (because I used Google Translate). I was telling him that almost everything here was translated by myself.

20. Krisboo

Newcomer Krisboo Advanced Member

Chile
    YayMii, i think your work isn't bad at all. The problem is that you are minuspreciating godzilla's contribiution. He only wanted to help translaters with this work. In fact, you just come and said that your translation was more accurate and blabla, IF YOU can't say anything good, then don't Say a thing!. Sometimes it's best to shut up your mouth ( or your fingers, cause you are typing xD), cause, although you aren't translating everything with Google, the fact that you use Google Translator gives people a thousand ways to criticize your work.

My modest Opinion.

Aniways, i keep supporting this, and i hope translaters use it so we can play the games a bit more faster.

c ya!!