ROM Hack Make Translating a bit faster!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Almost everything here is already translated in my demo, and is translated a little better than this
dry.gif

EDIT: Not anymore! Thanks for updating, godzilla3456!

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
Almost everything here is already translated in my demo, and is translated a little better than this

But you weren't the one who was translating with google?

Aniway, i think it's quite useful for people making the translations. I'm not doing one, but i send you my thanks!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You DO know that my translation's a Google translation, right?

And it took me about half an hour to translate this.

So this isn't very useful.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
You're very ignorant.
You haven't tried my demo, and you didn't read my thread.
Now that's bullshit.

I translated everything here by looking at the original G/S games.
If you try my demo, you'll notice the only thing in Google Engrish is the intro. Everything else is either personally translated, or Japanese.

My target is to make the game playable, and laughable at the same time, and I'm doing it by:
1. Making battles, items, Pokémon names, the Pokédex and menus in proper English.
2. Making people's speech in Google Engrish.
How is yours "better" than this though? From what japanese I know, it looks pretty accurate here.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, when I checked, there were mistakes in some places.

But the Johto Dex order is unneeded, and is only correct for the original games (HG/SS has additional Pokémon in the Johto Dex)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well actually, I find this helpful. It's just that a few things here are a little different than what I have, or were incorrect at the time of posting.
The trainer names and Pokéthlon events are useful to me, as I don't have that information yet.

I'm just saying that most of this information is easy to find, or is already translated by people.

And I don't think the landmark stuff is useful. I don't see anywhere to put that (except for when it's in people's speech script).

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
This is just plain stupid.

If someone can't even translate the basics such as these, they should probably stay away from translating at all. Plus, who really wants 15 more translations posted in this forum with nothing more than just this info in the game
rolleyes.gif

D

Deleted_171835

YayMii said:
You're very ignorant.
Now that's bullshit.

If you try my demo, you'll notice the only thing in Google Engrish is the intro. Everything else is either personally translated, or Japanese.

My target is to make the game playable, and laughable at the same time, and I'm doing it by:
1. Making battles, items, Pokémon names, the Pokédex and menus in proper English.

You're a pompous idiot. Who the hell cares on what you did. I'll say you're the ignorant one. Your comment was in no way (well maybe some way) relevant to the topic at hand.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

If someone can't even translate the basics such as these, they should probably stay away from translating at all. Plus, who really wants 15 more translations posted in this forum with nothing more than just this info in the game
rolleyes.gif
I don't think its a matter of translation ability, but a matter of "why reinvent the wheel?" No matter how good you are with japanese its still faster to search and replace than it is to translate each word as you go
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

bwillb said:
xvirus said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

rolleyes.gif
I don't think its a matter of translation ability, but a matter of "why reinvent the wheel?" No matter how good you are with japanese its still faster to search and replace than it is to translate each word as you go
tongue.gif

Wrong. It's still faster to merely translate as you go. Someone who is fluent in Japanese would have no problem whatsoever translating quickly as they go.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:
bwillb said:
xvirus said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Wrong. It's still faster to merely translate as you go. Someone who is fluent in Japanese would have no problem whatsoever translating quickly as they go.
guess it depends on your technical aptitude... translating every instance of each word in a couple of button clicks seems pretty fast. But I guess if you can type faster than search and replace can run (say.... 10,000 words per second?) more power to ya.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Revolutionize said:
You're a pompous idiot. Who the hell cares on what you did. I'll say you're the ignorant one. Your comment was in no way (well maybe some way) relevant to the topic at hand.
OK then.
I was replying to the person who said that there was no way that mine could be more accurate (because I used Google Translate). I was telling him that almost everything here was translated by myself.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
You're very ignorant.
Now that's bullshit.

YayMii, i think your work isn't bad at all. The problem is that you are minuspreciating godzilla's contribiution. He only wanted to help translaters with this work. In fact, you just come and said that your translation was more accurate and blabla, IF YOU can't say anything good, then don't Say a thing!. Sometimes it's best to shut up your mouth ( or your fingers, cause you are typing xD), cause, although you aren't translating everything with Google, the fact that you use Google Translator gives people a thousand ways to criticize your work.

My modest Opinion.

Aniways, i keep supporting this, and i hope translaters use it so we can play the games a bit more faster.

c ya!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?