Make A NES Classic Coin Operated?

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on making an arcade machine that uses an NES Classic as its base I will give it arcade joysticks for NES from Monster Joysticks and get 2 NES to NES Classic Controller Adapter and many things from a Home Depot or something, the screen will be a CRT TV, and I will connect it to the TV using an HDMI to AV Adapter, lastly I want to make it look and act like an arcade from the 80's and 90's

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a great idea, however coin accepting mechanisms probably wouldn't work with the nes classic. If you needed such a mechanism, you'd have to use a Raspberry Pi or similar. Eta Prime has a good guide on how to set it up. Also if you used a Pi you wouldn't be limited to just nes games, but snes, n64, playstation, etc.

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a great idea, however coin accepting mechanisms probably wouldn't work with the nes classic. If you needed such a mechanism, you'd have to use a Raspberry Pi or similar. Eta Prime has a good guide on how to set it up. Also if you used a Pi you wouldn't be limited to just nes games, but snes, n64, playstation, etc.

Thanks, I didn't know about them, which model will be the best and be the cheapest I kinda don't want to spend over 2 or 3000 bucks
Post automatically merged:

Thanks, I didn't know about them, which model will be the best and be the cheapest I kinda don't want to spend over 2 or 3000 bucks
I meant on the project itself not the board

What emulators can you put on it I want to add Game.com, R-Zone, Tiger LCD games, and Game & Watch

Last edited by HOME-Resonance,

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I meant on the project itself not the board

What emulators can you put on it I want to add Game.com, R-Zone, Tiger LCD games, and Game & Watch
Raspberry Pi 5 would be best, but it is about $130 now. The Pi 4 would definitely be good enough for your needs though, it ranges from $60-$100. I don’t know what you mean about “project,” so I guess just do what you were going to do with the nes classic, maybe using a generic usb joystick for controllers? Also Retroarch can emulate many systems, and even has a kiosk mode for arcade systems, so that may be an option?

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raspberry Pi 5 would be best, but it is about $130 now. The Pi 4 would definitely be good enough for your needs though, it ranges from $60-$100. I don’t know what you mean about “project,” so I guess just do what you were going to do with the nes classic, maybe using a generic usb joystick for controllers? Also Retroarch can emulate many systems, and even has a kiosk mode for arcade systems, so that may be an option?
The project I'm referring to is the arcade cabniet I'm planning on using Monster Joysticks arcade pad things becuase they use real arcade buttons and parts so I can give it a true real acrade feeling also I am going to paint blue, red, green, yellow, black, and white to be very vibrant and catch people's atention many things will be added to make it feel like a authentic experience I guess will use a Rasberry Pi 4 as the base, I will be adding LED lights that flash many diffrent colors that will also catch people's atention

The project I'm referring to is the arcade cabniet I'm planning on using Monster Joysticks arcade pad things becuase they use real arcade buttons and parts so I can give it a true real acrade feeling also I am going to paint blue, red, green, yellow, black, and white to be very vibrant and catch people's atention many things will be added to make it feel like a authentic experience I guess will use a Rasberry Pi 4 as the base, I will be adding LED lights that flash many diffrent colors that will also catch people's atention
I will add a very big vareity of games so all people will be able to play and not be left out .
It will be 2 player (maybe 4) so many people can play together and I will make sure it looks and works like an actuall arcade cabneit. I might make a racing chair and get a steering wheel for some racing games, and get some light guns for gun games (if that will even work) I want it to be very fun and I want everybody to enjoy it

Last edited by HOME-Resonance,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The arcade coin acceptor seen in that video is just wired up to the "coin" button in Retropie, which is *usually* set to "Select" on gamepads. You can but them in several places, and set them to take a varying degree of coins, or just one specific type like American/Canadian quarters.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure where this has to do with the Wii but
I'm planning on making an arcade machine that uses an NES Classic as its base I will give it arcade joysticks for NES from Monster Joysticks and get 2 NES to NES Classic Controller Adapter and many things from a Home Depot or something, the screen will be a CRT TV, and I will connect it to the TV using an HDMI to AV Adapter, lastly I want to make it look and act like an arcade from the 80's and 90's

You would have better results with the CRT using a Nintendo Wii as it can natively output 240p signals and the NES classic can't, however you would get more emulation options on an NES classic as well as the ability to use CRT shaders,

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where this has to do with the Wii but

You would have better results with the CRT using a Nintendo Wii as it can natively output 240p signals and the NES classic can't, however you would get more emulation options on an NES classic as well as the ability to use CRT shaders,
Would I be able to connect a arcade joystick I think if I used wiimotes I might break part of the arcade and maybe make it coin operated

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. I have a project to make one or two arcade machines using a Wii as an emulator system. You can put an arcade stick on it using PS1 to GameCube controller adapters or even better by making a mod to a GameCube controller and connecting it to a set of arcade buttons and sticks (there are tutorials on YouTube on how to make the mod to the GameCube controller to adapt it). Regarding the use of a wallet on Wii, I suppose that an electronic system can be adapted to work with certain emulators or modified so that using a certain command from the remote control, it executes the credit input and connects it to the currency input... I suppose that It won't be very difficult for someone who knows electronics... but come on, for me that's the least of it. If I have to press a button to enter a game and another to exit (in Retroarch you can limit the exit from a game to the use of a single button without exiting the menu)... the wallet, like everything else, will be funny for you the first few times. You use it but then it is somewhat uncomfortable, you want a quick response from the system to play another game. I will use my modified wiiflow to work vertically (for vertical games) and my modified wiiflow for horizontal games. So my intention is to make an arcade that allows both configurations of the CRT television or to make two arcade machines.

Reactions: Disorarara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto