Hacking Majora's Mask on EmuNAND (memory issue)

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing out N64 VC on EmuNAND with waninkoko's rev19 installed.​
So far so good. Games that weren't working, now seem to be working perfectly. But when I tried Majora's Mask it's giving me the error.... "There is not enough available space in the Wii system memory. Create 3 blocks of free space by either moving data to an SD Card or deleting data in the Data Management Screen."​
I have no idea why it's giving me a memory error when all of my VC is fully directed to EmuNAND. Even if for some reason it was my real NAND, (it's not) that memory is nowhere near full.​
On a positive note, at least some progress was made by using rev19, because before it (Majora's Mask) wouldn't even get passed the spinning N. Has anyone found a way to progress passed this memory issue?​

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about installing it on your internal nand, letting it generate the save file, and then copying the save file to your emunand? Not the most practical fix, but I'm curious if that works.

Reactions: portugeek

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about installing it on your internal nand, letting it generate the save file, and then copying the save file to your emunand? Not the most practical fix, but I'm curious if that works.
Awesome, I got it! Thanks rooskie! I didn't do it the way you had suggested, but your idea DID get me in the right direction.

Rather than installing it on my real NAND, what I did was boot it up via Uneek and ran the game inside that environment instead. And this time when the game started up the error didn't appear. I was able to start the game and create a save file. Once I did that I exited out of Uneek and went back to USB Loader GX again. Started up the game, and this time it loaded without issue. AND, my save was there. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-