Majora's Mask New 3DS XL preorder

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gamesgames, Jan 14, 2015.

1. gamesgames
    OP

gamesgames Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    I just preordered the new 3ds xl majora's mask console and thought that others might want to know it is available for preorder here gamestop

Edit if anyone finds other stores and/or websites that offer majora's mask new 3dsxl, please post a link so that other gbatemp users have a chance at getting one too. Thank you

Maximilious and Madridi like this.

2. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Wow! I'm gonna haunt amazon for this! Thanks for the news!

3. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    Already OOS?

4. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    EBGames Canada sold out...just pre-ordered one from Amazon Canada alongside an AC adapter.

I'm not liking the Gold too much but it's Limited Edition at the same price as regular colored New 3DS XL's so I really can't complain too much.

5. zwang1208

zwang1208 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2014
    United States
    New York, New York
    Where can I preorder this in US? GameStop is out of stock. Sigh.

6. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    Not seeing it on amazon.ca

7. Nemix77

May 30, 2009
    Canada
  8. chairsgotoschool

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States

I don't think walk in pre orders work for online only systems. but I really have no clue :D

anyone know if there's a place that sells new 3ds xl shells/housings. since I'm basically out of luck with a snazzy limited edition one I'd like to just do my own snazzy paint job and shell swap it.

9. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    I preordered mine from GameStop after the direct. Also managed to get the skull kid figurine edition of the game. It's been really paying off lately having work early in the morning.

10. Runehasa

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I imagine this will pop onto amazon at some point. I am hoping at least

11. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Limited edition?
    I can't dig the golden color for such a dark game.

Fuck it, will buy a black New 3DS XL, and will print some custom red stickers to mimic the real Limited Edition, it look like the real deal and even a lot better. :P

12. Nemix77

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Keep your tabs on Amazon.com, search "New 3DS XL" repeat and refresh the tab.

13. Runehasa

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio

That is my plan I pre ordered one on gamestop right after the direct but I was hoping to get it on amazon instead for the prime shipping and tax free

14. sicbud

sicbud Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2006
    United States
    Nintendo really pisses me off. It's obvious that the demand is there, yet they keep releasing their products in limited quantities. Can't believe this sold out in 15 minutes on GameStop and now is sold out company wide. On the plus side, they kind of just saved me $200, because I wasn't really planning on getting one of these on launch, but had to have the Majora's Mask edition.

15. Nemix77

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Might not be available at Amazon.com if that's the case, no tax. Amazon Canada is just free shipping, still have to pay tax. I originally wanted to pre-order from EBGames Canada but it was out of stock and I don't not like EBGames/GameStop's return policy.

Still keep checking Amazon.com...

16. sicbud

sicbud Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2006
    United States
    I don't know, it's still pretty likely that it'll be on Amazon, unless it was some exclusive deal to GameStop. No other sites I've checked have any of the new 3DS systems listed and the stores I've called say they're not taking pre-orders yet.

17. Runehasa

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Well considering ebay they are already selling for 450+ i think ill just keep my preorder at gamestop

Haymose likes this.
  18. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I've never had an issue with walk-in pre-orders at gamestop. I get out of work in an hour and have one downstairs I'm going to check out. I'll check back in and let you guys know how it goes.

19. sicbud

sicbud Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2006
    United States

They're sold out company wide. I walked into two different GameStops in my area and they both told me the same thing. I hope you get better news though.

20. zwang1208

zwang1208 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2014
    United States
    New York, New York
    Nintendo NEW 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Edition - GameStop Exclusive Here is the exclusive.