Hacking Major_Tom Explains Game Dumping/Mods on 3.60

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally made the fully undubbed P4G including the JP movies :D I don't have enough time to sub them myself though.
My version was the EU cart version but it should work on any version.
Not going to upload any files since you can find any files you need on the net.

Also, movie undubbing can be done separate from the data.cpk.

For cart users: Using the original sce_sys will not boot the game saying it's corrupted. First remove sce_sys from your patch folder with P4G and reinsert the game. If you can boot it, fine. Then use FTP to transfer the sce_sys from moleculeshell to your patch folder. You can then run the P4G cart.

You have to do this after each reboot or when you remove and insert your cartridge it seems.
If you see moleculeshell trying to install itself when inserting your P4G cart you should do this too.

If someone wants to undub the movies you need a mux/demuxer, an audio converter, VGMToolbox and PES Sound File Converter 1.8.

I wanted to try using the demuxed usm for video too, but in case there is a weird formatting, I'm doing it this way.

Use VGMToolbox to demux the usm files, audio only. The extension will be adx.
Use your MP4 demuxer to remove the audio track on your ENG movies from your dump.

For audio, use PES Sound File Converter 1.8 to convert your .adx to .wav and use your audio converter to convert them to AAC LC 128 (kbps 2-channel 48000hz).
Mux the corresponding video file and the audio file (aac). The final extension should be MP4.

Then you have a group of movie files which you put in a folder called movie. then you transfer that folder to ux:/patch/[TITLEID]/data/

It should look like this: ux:/patch/[TITLEID]/data/movie/[your-undubbbed-movies].MP4

EDIT2: The undubbing process for the EU version is exactly the same as the NA version.

So I've gotten the game to work with the xdelta patch for the EU cpk.
Now I'm playing around with the videos. My first attempt got me a playable video on the Vita that flickers every 1/4th second or so.
I'll try a multiplexer with more advanced settings to see if I can get it to work properly.

Edit1:
So I've been muxing the files with YAMB, MP4muxer, and MyMP4Box. All resulting files end up flickering on the Vita.
Are there any specific settings you used to mux the files?
For the audio I converter to wav using PES and then dbpoweramp to convert to 128k 48KHz LE AAC.
Edit 2:
So muxing with FFMPeg worked. The FPS shows up wrong, but the videos play on the Vita.
I'm uploading the video files. I'm not sure if it's allowed to share these here though.

Last edited by Arif,

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I've gotten the game to work with the xdelta patch for the EU cpk.
Now I'm playing around with the videos. My first attempt got me a playable video on the Vita that flickers every 1/4th second or so.
I'll try a multiplexer with more advanced settings to see if I can get it to work properly.

Edit1:
So I've been muxing the files with YAMB, MP4muxer, and MyMP4Box. All resulting files end up flickering on the Vita.
Are there any specific settings you used to mux the files?
For the audio I converter to wav using PES and then dbpoweramp to convert to 128k 48KHz LE AAC.
Edit 2:
So muxing with FFMPeg worked. The FPS shows up wrong, but the videos play on the Vita.
I'm uploading the video files. I'm not sure if it's allowed to share these here though.

The flickering only happens when the .mp4 file is in a different frame rate than the original file. I solved that by converting it to 29.97 FPS.

Here's a Handbrake config I've made.

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forcing the FPS to 29,97 while muxing seems to be sufficient for it to work properly.
I also noticed that the newly muxed files have a significantly lower audio level than the original files.
For anyone that muxes the files themselves maybe they want to increase the gain before muxing the audio.

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there a way to dump cartridge games like Ultra Despair Girls yet? I've tried dumping it but app0: is always empty and I suspect it's because it's the kind of app that forces every other app to close.

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to read Taiko V Version from cart.
I'm going to try and copy the DLC to my EUR account Vita. Wonder if that'll work!

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a complete loss at this point. I've tried three times to replace these textures. I double checked my cpk and I did pack the right files in the right spot. I got the modded cpk in a "data" folder just as it should be... I'm tired.

I wonder... the official update uses the name "PATCH.cpk" so perhaps I should call my modded GAME2.cpk that

This did not work either. Is it possible that there are somethings which just cannot be replaced/changed?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an Ys Celceta undub, transferring it now, it's probably one of the easier ones if this work.

Guide here: http://github.com/Cinnamoni/Guides/wiki/Undub-guides

It's almost too easy. And you just need the JP dump.

This should work for Cold Steel I and II since they use the same files. (se and voices folders). I haven't tested it though since I'm using wifi, and transferring files takes a while. I have dumped the voice/se folder from the JP version though so I'll try it later.

Last edited by Rock Raiyu,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound negative, but like the characters in ys memories of celceta even say much anyway. I was disappointed when they have so few lines of speech i almost ignored all of the story that it could consider a blind playthrough. Is almost the equivlant of fire emblem games on 3ds. Lack of speech.:mellow:

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not to sound negative, but like the characters in ys memories of celceta even say much anyway. I was disappointed when they have so few lines of speech i almost ignored all of the story that it could consider a blind playthrough. Is almost the equivlant of fire emblem games on 3ds. Lack of speech.:mellow:

Indeed they say very little, but when browsing through the files, I just had to do it since it takes less than 10 min to set up :D

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you know the format of the textures, or anything really, you can change it now.

What region of the game do you own? If it's not US the CSV file from earlier might not work.

It does work. The file layout is the same. Your tool generates the exact same file for both the American and European data.cpk.

I ran myself into a bit of a wall with this. I have the CPK compiled, and checked the md5, and they all match. I transferred the CPK file over to the Vita, along with the sce_sys folder from moleculeShell. Also rebuilt the database. After booting and triggering HENkaku, I put the card in, and it prompts that it cannot install, because there is already a moleculeShell icon. I tried everything again, but this time used the sce_sys folder from my dump, and this throws up an error C2-10520-8. Any recommendations for me?

You have to edit the version of your original, decrypted param.sfo file to be higher than than the one in the cartridge. You only have to do this for physical games.

very odd no black screen on my vita only on the pstv

Updated the guide on this issue.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed they say very little, but when browsing through the files, I just had to do it since it takes less than 10 min to set up :D
Well I suppose why you did it was a demonstration of course. I understand that much. I just commented since i myself was disappointed. Not understanding the gaming industries decisions on voice overs for characters, it just upsets me most of the time, that new games comes out and lack of voicing like legend of zelda for L-O-N-G Time has none, games like fire emblem have very few and only full voice through a cutscene (With subtitles) And Some don't even have english voices (Like tokyo mirage sessions)

While some of the games make sense, They said tokyo mirage sessions was based upon japanese culture which is why it retains Japanese voices to keep it relateable, I honestly think it was a cheap shot shortcut not to hire english voice cast and save money. It also means games can get released sooner with less work to do on localization but it just seem like shortcuts. Why game like fire emblem have so very few spoken lines that is mostly just noise grunts and phrases like super mario games. You have a voice cast and a script, how hard is it to read all of it while on screen? And zelda has no speech at all, for so long it puzzles me. Even in hyrule warriors where there is cutscene where you clearly see lips move they should be talking but they don't you just read text. I don't get it and never will.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by Cinnamon,
Reactions: cofias

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How are you editing the .tid texture files?

There is a program on the games steam page here: HTTPS://steam community.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409454600

The "tidtool" will extract the textures as .PNG and repack those PNGs as TIDs. But no matter how I've tried it I cannot get the game to read the updated cpk from the patch folder

I've tried both with and without compression, making a CSV, putting the cpk in "/patch/data" and in just "/patch", tried both the original and molecule sce_sys, renaming the modded cpk to PATCH.cpk like the official update does, uninstall then reinstall... Anything I could think of and no dice.

I fully believe that this trick of putting modded files in the patch folder does not work for this particular game or at least certain files. If you can get it working please let me know how so I can stop ripping my hair out! :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the tip. Used HxD to edit the param.sfo from gro0: and it works like a charm!

Wrote a short guide for that in case someone needs some pointers: http://github.com/Cinnamoni/Guides/wiki/Fix-param.sfo-for-carts

This might be why my stuff hasn't been working... Will report back in an hour

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Still no dice on loading textures in Hyperdimension Neptunia even after hex editing the param.sfo file.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me or if someone else has the game see if you can get it working? I'm so close yet so far...

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Still no dice on loading textures in Hyperdimension Neptunia even after hex editing the param.sfo file.
Can you post the folder structure of the gro0? Just in case the folder structure is different.

If it's a digital game, show us the folder structure for ur0:\app\[titleid of neptunia]\

Last edited by Cinnamon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1