seanrhodes05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having loads of problems using my SD Card on my Switch
First issue was that no matter what I did, I could not get Super Mario Odyssey to run at all (It always crashed the game on boot and I tried redownloading the XCI, uninstalling my updates, deleting all data, downloading and installing a fresh NSP with latest update, downloading the latest update and using a physical copy of Super Mario Odyssey, etc.)

Then came the serious borderline console breaking issues

It all started when I was booting up SXOS, everything was going fine until while it was booting up (At the Nintendo logo/Nintendo Switch logo) I attached a pair of Joycons that had been lost for months. (DISCLAIMER: I highly doubt the SD Card issues were related to this but I thought I should include it anyways). When it booted up my theme was gone and everything ran incredibly slow and lagged on the home menu (For example, taking 30+ seconds to load the select user when launching a game menu) I tried going to the SXOS menu but it locked up and never changed from the home screen when I went into the gallery.
I rebooted hoping that would solve the problem but things only got worse from there.

When I rebooted I got the "Boot.dat?" screen that appears when you don't have the boot.dat file on your SD card/Have no SD card in it at all. I tried cleaning all of the parts and rebooting countless times until I put it into my computer to try to investigate the problem.
Absolutely everything read fine on my computer! So I inserted it back into the Switch and it worked! Super Mario Odyssey still didn't work but oh well at least I got the Switch to boot, right? Wrong. The Switch crashed while attempting to once again try to reinstall Super Mario Odyssey and when I booted it back up the same thing happened. "Boot.dat?"
So once again I put the SD card into my computer, everything looked fine and when I put it back into the switch it booted up!

Then I began to see a pattern.
Console turn off/reboot = All SD card functionality broken
Putting the SD card into my computer, taking it out, and putting it back into the Switch = Some-what working again
I tested it multiple times and this is exactly what was happening.

If anybody at all has any sort of explanation or suggestions to fix this disaster I would be more than overjoyed, even if the suggestion doesn't work because even then it's at least one thing I know won't work

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody at all has any sort of explanation or suggestions to fix this disaster I would be more than overjoyed, even if the suggestion doesn't work because even then it's at least one thing I know won't work

How about the obvious one. Try a different SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it