Gaming Major difficulities installing custom firmware

maurerdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I know next to nothing about computers, so please don't give me crap, I have spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to initially custom firmware than Pandora's and I have not gotten anywhere.

I bought my PSP slim about 3 days ago. I want to install custom firmware so that I can do the Pandora's method. My firmware is version 3.72. I need someone to explain how I go about installing the custom firmware so that I can start using the Pandora's method. I've looked at all the guides on the internet, they contradict one another, they assume I already have custom firmware installed or they are busy trying to get you to download their apps.

I understand that I do not need to hardmod the battery. That is what the hellcat guide is for. But I need to know how to go from the sony firmware to the custom firmware.

I would really appreciate any help.

maurerdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried hardmodding the battery and ended up making the battery useless. Where is the best place to buy a tool battery?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to be mean, but if you are computer illiterate, installing a custom firmware on an electronic isn't the smartest thing to do.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the Slim's battery is a bit harder, well not really, to hard mod. Since I hardmodded my Phat's battery today out of whim. And somehow spamming the gap, where the pin was, with a pencil made it work normally.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dealextreme also sells them. I know many people who have bought "universal" batteries, but they only seem to work properly on fat psp's.

sonofx51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the easiest thing to do would be to look on craigslist in your area, there are tons of people who do it for like $20, flash and load your psp, at least in my area. Or buy a set from one of the many sellers on ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt