Major difficulities installing custom firmware

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by maurerdj, Feb 3, 2008.

1. maurerdj
    OP

maurerdj Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2007
    United States
    First of all, I know next to nothing about computers, so please don't give me crap, I have spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to initially custom firmware than Pandora's and I have not gotten anywhere.

I bought my PSP slim about 3 days ago. I want to install custom firmware so that I can do the Pandora's method. My firmware is version 3.72. I need someone to explain how I go about installing the custom firmware so that I can start using the Pandora's method. I've looked at all the guides on the internet, they contradict one another, they assume I already have custom firmware installed or they are busy trying to get you to download their apps.

I understand that I do not need to hardmod the battery. That is what the hellcat guide is for. But I need to know how to go from the sony firmware to the custom firmware.

I would really appreciate any help.

2. .::5pYd3r::.

.::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Jun 2, 2007
    The GREAT Southern Land :D
  3. maurerdj
    OP

maurerdj Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2007
    United States
    I tried hardmodding the battery and ended up making the battery useless. Where is the best place to buy a tool battery?

4. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    I don't want to be mean, but if you are computer illiterate, installing a custom firmware on an electronic isn't the smartest thing to do.

5. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    ebay, it's where i got mine

6. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Well the Slim's battery is a bit harder, well not really, to hard mod. Since I hardmodded my Phat's battery today out of whim. And somehow spamming the gap, where the pin was, with a pencil made it work normally.

7. TheNeck

TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States
    Southern California
    Check out this site.

8. Avenger

Avenger GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2007
    Canada
    Oakville & Toronto, Ontario
    Dealextreme also sells them. I know many people who have bought "universal" batteries, but they only seem to work properly on fat psp's.

9. sonofx51

sonofx51 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2007
    United States
    the easiest thing to do would be to look on craigslist in your area, there are tons of people who do it for like $20, flash and load your psp, at least in my area. Or buy a set from one of the many sellers on ebay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice