Status
Not open for further replies.

shadeselfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romulan34 said:
Your analogy is flawed, you can give advice to an experience driver because they are still human, humans make mistakes. I know plenty of experience drivers who don't put on their signals when turning, don't fully stop for a stop sign, don't put on their seatbelts, or adjust their mirrors when they get into a car. Some of these things you can get ticketed for but people still do them, because heck people make mistakes, just like you spelled equivalent and translate wrong see that?

Now quit being an arse.

he does have a point though, as i don't understand Japanese i cant really say too much, my question was based on comparing the translated soul silver to the GBC crystal, ignoring the new events and such, some of npcs that you dont need to talk to appear to be using the same dialog as G/S/C

and as wataru already said, in places where this is true, he is still translating it manually, so kudos to wataru there, (One example is the rival at the start of the game before he steals one of the starters, its the same in both SS and crystal)

case closed and buried

still gonna say good work to wataru either way

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Your kidding me!

Something in a remake is the same as in one of the orginals ?
What the hell is all that about ?

Sheesh

Doing a great job here Magnius and I think I'll try Soul Silver when you bring out the newer Translation(To Goldenrod)
smile.gif

wazzzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im finding it pretty easy to wait don't see whats so hard about it lol

he'll finish eventually and probably before the english version is out anyway

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's unfair to assume that translating a remake is as simple as copying the text from the original game. I have already noticed a few differences in this version, and I didn't even play up to the first gym.

Romulan34

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He really just posed a question and apologized before hand as well if it had been asked before. If you got a talent, don't rub it in peoples faces not everyone may actually know as much as you.

Either way though I'm waiting for the english version to come out probably gonna be some changes between the two nothing big though i'm sure.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romulan34 said:
He really just posed a question and apologized before hand as well if it had been asked before. If you got a talent, don't rub it in peoples faces not everyone may actually know as much as you.

Either way though I'm waiting for the english version to come out probably gonna be some changes between the two nothing big though i'm sure.
The case has been settled, please don't fan the flames anymore.
Anyway, how far are you at the moment Wataru?

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop with the complaints guys
--------------------------------------------------
Anyways great job Watarukun! Can w8 I'll check back here after school tomorrow. (Or when homework is done)

tylerlolz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for making this Wata,
I just had a question if you were going to translate the pokemon box stuff and everything else on the computer?

and Im sorry if anyone else asked this before, I looked through a bunch of pages and didn't notice it,

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a little problem, when i patched a clean soul silver rom with ur v2 patch, it worked but when ever i save, it just freezes after and im forced to turn off my ds. Is there a anti-freeze patch out there that can work? or is it alrdy included in the v2 patch? if there is can somone tell me how to patch?

Thanks, and sorry if this question has alrdy been anwered in previous posts.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summer02 said:
I have a little problem, when i patched a clean soul silver rom with ur v2 patch, it worked but when ever i save, it just freezes after and im forced to turn off my ds. Is there a anti-freeze patch out there that can work? or is it alrdy included in the v2 patch? if there is can somone tell me how to patch?

Thanks, and sorry if this question has alrdy been anwered in previous posts.
r u using xenophobia's rom? and do u have the latest .NET framework? u can get that in microsoft website.

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes i am using xenophobias clean rom, and i used xdelta to extract the patch and placed it on the rom. Im asking whehther watarus patch contains an anti-freeze patch, or do i have to find it?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
shadeselfen said:
hey wataru, been thinking this since i got your patch...

this is a remake of G/S/C, and by the looks of it, some of the dialog (insignificant npcs) appear to use the same dialog from G/S/C

in that regard, wouldn't it make sense to use the dialog from G/S/C?

sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
Can you read Japanese? No? Then you are ignorant and you can't truly say that.

Your "Assumption" that most of the text is the same except for insignificant NPC's is wrong.

All I'm saying is if the dialogue is the same in HGSS and the original GSC in Japanese, it gets translated the same. I can CUT AND PASTE ONLY if the dialogue at a certain point is the same in both games. That's what I've been doing.

If there is any new or changed dialogue though(Which there is a lot of), I translate it. So will I copy and paste over new text? Hell no.
I think you may have misread the post.
he said "some of the dialog ([such as] insignificant NPCs) appears to use the same dialog from GSC. would it make sense to copy and paste that dialog from the original?"
not "OMG ALL THE DIALOG IS THE SAME EXCEPT FOR A FEW INSIGNIFICANT NPCS YOUR STUPID FOR TRANSLATING IT JUST COPY AND PASTE YOU NOOB!!ONE"

see the difference?
wink.gif

basically he just suggested that you do what you're already doing hehehe

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatup777 said:
Bury the hatchet guys or it'll come back to chop
--------------------------------------------------
Anyways great job Watarukun! Can w8 I'll check back here after school tomorrow. (Or when homework is done)

Please tell me you did not just say "bury the hatchet"....

Anyway,

bwillb said:
WataruKun said:
QUOTE(shadeselfen @ Oct 6 2009, 04:01 PM) hey wataru, been thinking this since i got your patch...

this is a remake of G/S/C, and by the looks of it, some of the dialog (insignificant npcs) appear to use the same dialog from G/S/C

in that regard, wouldn't it make sense to use the dialog from G/S/C?

sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
Can you read Japanese? No? Then you are ignorant and you can't truly say that.

Your "Assumption" that most of the text is the same except for insignificant NPC's is wrong.

All I'm saying is if the dialogue is the same in HGSS and the original GSC in Japanese, it gets translated the same. I can CUT AND PASTE ONLY if the dialogue at a certain point is the same in both games. That's what I've been doing.

If there is any new or changed dialogue though(Which there is a lot of), I translate it. So will I copy and paste over new text? Hell no.
I think you may have misread the post.
he said "some of the dialog ([such as] insignificant NPCs) appears to use the same dialog from GSC. would it make sense to copy and paste that dialog from the original?"
not "OMG ALL THE DIALOG IS THE SAME EXCEPT FOR A FEW INSIGNIFICANT NPCS YOUR STUPID FOR TRANSLATING IT JUST COPY AND PASTE YOU NOOB!!ONE"

see the difference?
wink.gif

basically he just suggested that you do what you're already doing hehehe

I believe they said stop, but you do have a magnificent point.

darklugia XD

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WataruKun said:
Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

New screens:

hgss6-1.jpg

hgss6-2.jpg

hgss6-3.jpg

hgss6-4.jpg

hgss6-5.jpg

hgss6-6.jpg

hgss6-7.jpg

hgss6-8.jpg

hgss6-9.jpg

hgss6-10.jpg

Progress Videos:

The dialogue in Elm's Lab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4ai0KqtJQ

Some dialogue from Route 29 NPC's and Cherrygrove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVposKhONGI

New Graphics Editing Pics, all credit goes to Rykin and Ryqib12 for letting me use them.

hgssnew1.jpg

hgssnew2.jpg

Downloads

Patch 1

What you need...
Xdelta(Provided)
XdeltaGUI(Provided for you in the rar)
A Clean Rom of Heart Gold or Soul Silver.(Not provided)
And the patch(Which is in the rar).

Download here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1d7b04

Or here
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f3f07e...04e75f6e8ebb871

The Pokemon Soul Silver English Translation Patch V2 is out!

Get it here...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y96e1u

or here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f3f07e...04e75f6e8ebb871

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

Where does it end?

Well the furthest you can go playing it in English is the Rival Battle in Azalea Town. The Gym as well as the Rocket dialogue is translated as well.

please someone put a link of the rom already patched for me because XDELTA XDELTA and GUI are not working in windows xp I have the same NET.Framework 4.0

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*insert Star Trek facepalm picture here*

A) DON'T QUOTE THE FIRST POST! It's long and meant to be that way. It only takes up more space.
B) DON'T ASK FOR ROMS! This isn't GBAtemp: The Pirate Ship on the High Seas. Although with some sealant, plywood, and duct tape, I could make her seaworthy.
C) Sigh...

Also, should this be moved to "Heart Gold and Soul Silver translation" instead of just a "Soul Silver one". I didn't realize 'till today (when I actually read the first page) that this is for both games, not Soul Silver alone.

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
darklugia XD said:
WataruKun said:

please someone put a link of the rom already patched for me because XDELTA XDELTA and GUI are not working in windows xp I have the same NET.Framework 4.0

And you my friend are suspended for 7 days. Ban next time.

was only a matter of time.
Well finally someone will read the rules.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
darklugia XD said:
WataruKun said:

And you my friend are suspended for 7 days. Ban next time.

Was he actually suspended? If so, epic! ^5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow