ROM Hack Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoCarebear

Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Unlike in Kazo's patch, the Pokedex entries have their correct descriptions(And aren't C+P'd from Platinum).

I don't know why he did that.. Doesn't the pokedex have multi-language support (eg. get a french pikachu, and you can read the french pokedex for it)? Couldnt he have just copied/pasted the english text to the japanese one? No translating needed.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MINIMATTY said:
Can you plz patch 3 to golden rod or just complete the game in fulll english translation please. HURRY UP!!!!
don't force people because you want them too,it's their patch,they do what they want,be glad they're even releasing these patches for free,you want a full english translation by tommorow?make your own,simple

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
MINIMATTY said:
Can you plz patch 3 to golden rod or just complete the game in fulll english translation please. HURRY UP!!!!
Don't be a noob and rush him, nothings gonna change. Oh wait i forgot, you ARE a noob.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PsychoCarebear said:
WataruKun said:
Unlike in Kazo's patch, the Pokedex entries have their correct descriptions(And aren't C+P'd from Platinum).

I don't know why he did that.. Doesn't the pokedex have multi-language support (eg. get a french pikachu, and you can read the french pokedex for it)? Couldnt he have just copied/pasted the english text to the japanese one? No translating needed.

We've been over this before buddy. They are the ones from Platinum and not correct translations.

So yeah, if I wanted incorrect descriptions I could have done that.

For instance Typhlosion's Platinum definition...

QUOTE said:
It attacks using blasts of fire.
It creates heat shimmers with intense fire to hide itself.

Vs. what Typhlosion's Soul Silver definition actually translates to...

It has a secret, devastating move.
It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.

I don't care if it's easier, I want the correct descriptions, therefore I am not copy and pasting the English Platinum ones that are already in the rom.

But rather... copy and pasting from where the descriptions actually come from, the original Pokemon Silver. Yep, most of the Kanto and Johto descriptions are word for word, the same as the Silver descriptions.

Refrain from talking unless you absolutely know what you're talking about.

chinboogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want WataraKun i can see if my pokemon silver still works and post some of the pokemon desciptions.
And then post some of them here.... if i din't start over 3+- years ago and am still a noob than i cant i will check it and then idet this post to let you now if i can help you tat.

Greatings ChinBoogie

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Pokedex2.jpg

Just a question, Is the text in the above photo in Japanese because you took the picture before editing, or because you forgot?
Thanks

EDIT
QUOTE(chinboogie @ Oct 1 2009, 11:00 AM) If you want WataraKun i can see if my pokemon silver still works and post some of the pokemon desciptions.
And then post some of them here.... if i din't start over 3+- years ago and am still a noob than i cant i will check it and then idet this post to let you now if i can help you tat.

Greatings ChinBoogie

No need, the descriptions are all on Bulbapedia or Serebii.

chinboogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shinryuji said:
WataruKun said:
Pokedex2.jpg

Just a question, Is the text in the above photo in Japanese because you took the picture before editing, or because you forgot?
Thanks

EDIT
QUOTE(chinboogie @ Oct 1 2009, 11:00 AM) If you want WataraKun i can see if my pokemon silver still works and post some of the pokemon desciptions.

Greatings ChinBoogie

Good to now And my Silver is dead need new battery ...

Greatings ChinBooige

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shinryuji said:
WataruKun said:
Pokedex2.jpg

Thanks

EDIT

Greatings ChinBoogie

Exactly, I've been getting mines from Bulbapedia.

PsychoCarebear

Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
We've been over this before buddy. They are the ones from Platinum and not correct translations.

So yeah, if I wanted incorrect descriptions I could have done that.

For instance Typhlosion's Platinum definition...

QUOTE said:
It attacks using blasts of fire.
It creates heat shimmers with intense fire to hide itself.

Vs. what Typhlosion's Soul Silver definition actually translates to...

QUOTEIt has a secret, devastating move.
It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.

I don't care if it's easier, I want the correct descriptions, therefore I am not copy and pasting the English Platinum ones that are already in the rom.

But rather... copy and pasting from where the descriptions actually come from, the original Pokemon Silver. Yep, most of the Kanto and Johto descriptions are word for word, the same as the Silver descriptions.

Refrain from talking unless you absolutely know what you're talking about.

My apologies. I just thought that the english pokedex descriptions in the Japanese HGSS ROM, would have had HGSS pokedex entries, NOT the entries from platinum. My bad.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, the 2.2 thing will be out soon. Basically it'll translate a lot of previously untranslated menus. Maybe even city signs and stuff.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WataruKun said:
Also, I don't think I'll be releasing another patch for a while. A. People don't want to use this how it's supposed be used(Testing from the beginning to Azalea) and B. just not enough appreciation.

I was thinking of releasing the next one at Ecruteak, but now it might be longer.

It appears to get IDIOTS to stop b*tching I have to not only have what's in Kazo's patch, but also do the dialogue.

Or better yet, those idiots can just go play Kazo's patch. Problem solved.
I really appreciate your work. I do agree with you though. There is a lot of idiots posting here. If they don't know the difference between yours and Kazo's patch, they should leave.

m@ximum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Good job WataruKun. Just want to let you know that I like your patch very much.
Thanks a lot for your effort in making this patch for all of us here.

nyczxjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Also, I don't think I'll be releasing another patch for a while. A. People don't want to use this how it's supposed be used(Testing from the beginning to Azalea) and B. just not enough appreciation.

I was thinking of releasing the next one at Ecruteak, but now it might be longer.

It appears to get IDIOTS to stop b*tching I have to not only have what's in Kazo's patch, but also do the dialogue.

Or better yet, those idiots can just go play Kazo's patch. Problem solved.
That's why I originally said that it would be better if you didn't release anything until you got further along due to impatient noobs. I actually think it'll be better if you didn't release anything until you finish all of Jhoto. That way, many people will have their hands full and be quiet as you translate the Kanto part of the game. Just my two cents but keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I...