click create and wait

i think...

edit: xdelta GUI.exe

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Magnius I respect you for doing this but this project could have been done ages ago if you got the other translators to pitch in and help thus making us have a fast and decent translation done.

woody43526

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Takanato said:
Magnius I respect you for doing this but this project could have been done ages ago if you got the other translators to pitch in and help thus making us have a fast and decent translation done.

i agree but magnius and kazowar have different ideas for the translation.
kazowar only wants to translate the necessaries, magnius wants to translate everything

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR you could wait until spring 2010 to play. Be grateful for what you have/are getting. He could decide not to do it after all.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Takanato said:

before posting read the post that have been posted he say no stop asking dammittttttttttt

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xdelta:
Create a bat file named "Create patch.bat" Have this in the same directory with xdelta. The contents of the .bat file should look like this.

QUOTE said:
@echo off
if "%~1"=="" goto help
echo Creating patch...
"%~dp0xdelta" -efs "%~dp0clean.nds" %1 "%~dp1patch.pat"
echo Done!
goto end

:help
echo Usage: Drag modified rom onto this file to create a patch.

:end
echo.
pause
cls

Have the unmodified ROM in the same folder, named clean.nds. Drag and drop the modified ROM onto the "Create patch.bat" and it will make your patch file.

Below is the bat file you want for applying the patch. Simply have the patch.pat in the same folder with xdelta, and drag and drop the clean rom onto it.
QUOTE@echo off
if "%~1"=="" goto help
echo Patching...
"%~dp0xdelta" -dfs %1 "%~dp0patch.pat" "%~dpn1-patched%~x1"
if %ERRORLEVEL%==9009 goto missingxdelta
if %ERRORLEVEL%==1 goto patchfailed
echo Done! The patched file has been created in the same folder as the original.
echo If the patch does not work, make sure that you applied it to the original,
echo unpatched, untrimmed ROM.
goto end

:missingxdelta
echo.
echo Unable to find the xdelta patching utility. Make sure that you extract all
echo of the patch files to the same folder before running this.
goto end

:Patchfailed
echo.
echo The xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. Make sure to use the
echo original (unpatched, untrimmed) ROM and extract all of the patch files to the
echo same folder before running this.
goto end

:help
echo You're almost there, but don't try to open the Drop Rom Here file by itself.
echo To patch your game, close this window and drag the original (unpatched,
echo untrimmed) ROM onto the Drop Rom Here file. The patched ROM will be created in
echo the same folder as the original, with a different name.

:end
echo.
pause
cls

I don't take credit for making these. Someone showed them to me ages ago.

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
Takanato said:

before posting read the post that have been posted he say no stop asking dammittttttttttt

So So true. Why do they never learn.

@WataruKun: Oh i can't wait, i can't believe it so close. A patch with actual dialogue in ENGLISH. YES! I know it's not complete but i will enjoy it all the same. No need to rush WataruKun, take your time and thank you again for this wonderful patch.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Takanato said:
No.

If you knew anything about using Poketext and coding lines so that they work in game, you'd know why that wasn't a good idea. And it's just because of my overall "process" that I refuse to work with anyone else. Faster? More like they'd get in the way.

Mas01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There you go Watarukun. Rykin explained it thorough about the patch. I think that's how detailed you can get lol. Thanks for this
smile.gif

desrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question- if you release a patch that's only translated up to a certain point, we wont be able to patch THAT patched game again I'm guessing, right? as in.. we patch it once where it's english up until Goldenrod, then we can patch it again with the next patch which is a few towns further, etc?

or are we going to have to restart our files with a fresh ROM of the game each time we want to patch it with a translation patch?

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
woody43526 said:
Takanato said:

i agree but magnius and kazowar have different ideas for the translation.
kazowar only wants to translate the necessaries, magnius wants to translate everything

Not really, Magnius is doing the PROPER translation; KazoWAR is only copy/pasting old Gold/Silver/Crystal text and has claimed to have small to none knowledge on Japanese. So you can go to KazoWAR for a quick but low quality translation, PaperMagician for a quickest but crappy as can be translation or WAIT for this one to go out and stop typing nonsense stuff like what you just typed. And go thru this thread to see KazoWAR's post where he admits what I said about him, and about PaperMagician's translation, well, just check the thread and amaze yourself; He has got a good intention, but his means don't guarantee any quality at all.

That being said: Newbies: STFU and learn to read the damn thread before posting stupid questions, or don't post at all. Flamers/Trolls: DO NOT WANT. All other intelligent and reasoning people, keep WataruKun's will to keep this project going on, looks promising indeed!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
desrone said:
Question- if you release a patch that's only translated up to a certain point, we wont be able to patch THAT patched game again I'm guessing, right? as in.. we patch it once where it's english up until Goldenrod, then we can patch it again with the next patch which is a few towns further, etc?

or are we going to have to restart our files with a fresh ROM of the game each time we want to patch it with a translation patch?
Way I view it, it's basically just patching the same data over again, so it shouldn't be a problem. But don't take my word on that as fact.

woody43526

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it would depend on how magnius decides to make the patch.
he could create the patch using the already patched rom as a clean rom or use the original rom.

my guess is that either way the .sav should still work as long as it's called the same thing.

desrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
woody43526 said:
it would depend on how magnius decides to make the patch.
he could create the patch using the already patched rom as a clean rom or use the original rom.

my guess is that either way the .sav should still work as long as it's called the same thing.

Ahh okay, that makes sense, thanks

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
desrone said:

Way I view it, it's basically just patching the same data over again, so it shouldn't be a problem. But don't take my word on that as fact.

If you use xdelta, it won't allow you to re-patch a game. It does a hash check on the file to be modified and if it doesn't match the original, unmodified ROM it won't patch.
However, this also means if someone acquired their ROM from a different source than you with a /slightly/ modified dump then they can't patch it.
Kazo's method of using ndstool was the perfect failsafe way of patching the game, but this requires that you host actual game files in the patch, which makes for questionable legality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1