Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onivan said:
I just hope we could get a release in which you could decide if you want the Pokémon names translated or leave them as they are. I say it to be able to use the GTS without being too obvious about playing a ROM that on top of that its translated...
I'm not positive, but I don't think playing a ROM on the GTS is noticable unless you named your Pokemon English or just random Japanese characters that look pretty but really make no sence.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
I don't mean to put this project down, because it's a nice thing for someone to do, but if he wants this to really be worth it...he needs to get it done, and fast.

Even if he hits his mark of December, that's only a few months before the actual, translated, English version is released, which would render a lot of this obsolete. By that time, most people'll have already finished the game using one of the other translation patches.

Like others have said, though I don't agree with them, most people don't play Pokemon for the story. And because of that, not nearly as many people are going to want to restart it. Only the people who will probably fangasm when they get their hands on the actual, finished and translated Nintendo English product.

Before you people start bashing me, again, I'm not saying he just stop. Just that December is pushing it a bit. I know this is on his free time, but, still.
All I have to say to this post is, it stands out as nothing more than Look at me, I'm opioniated. Look at me, I'm against the project. Look at me, I'm different!.

QUOTEWatarukun, i think you forgot to translate Defense when quilava used Leer, or is that a graphic?
It's text, not a graphic.

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
shinkukage09 said:
I don't mean to put this project down, because it's a nice thing for someone to do, but if he wants this to really be worth it...he needs to get it done, and fast.

Even if he hits his mark of December, that's only a few months before the actual, translated, English version is released, which would render a lot of this obsolete. By that time, most people'll have already finished the game using one of the other translation patches.

Like others have said, though I don't agree with them, most people don't play Pokemon for the story. And because of that, not nearly as many people are going to want to restart it. Only the people who will probably fangasm when they get their hands on the actual, finished and translated Nintendo English product.

Before you people start bashing me, again, I'm not saying he just stop. Just that December is pushing it a bit. I know this is on his free time, but, still.
All I have to say to this post is, it stands out as nothing more than Look at me, I'm opioniated. Look at me, I'm against the project. Look at me, I'm different!.
He does have a point with the "By that time, most people'll have already finished the game using one of the other translation patches." I'm making progress with a different patch, and by the time December rolls around, I'll most likely be done with the game. Don't get me wrong, I love this idea and I'm all for the patch, but he does have a point.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
shinkukage09 said:

Looks like I have to say it AGAIN. I'm not against this project, I'm only saying that by the time you're done, not as many people will want/need it. Please learn to read the entire post, and not just reading parts that you like. Or dislike, whatever. I said it at least twice that I'm not against it, or bashing it.

QUOTE(chickenmatt5 @ Sep 21 2009, 08:15 PM)
He does have a point with the "By that time, most people'll have already finished the game using one of the other translation patches." I'm making progress with a different patch, and by the time December rolls around, I'll most likely be done with the game. Don't get me wrong, I love this idea and I'm all for the patch, but he does have a point.

I love the idea too, and again, I'm not against the patch. But for it to be truly useful, it needs to be done a lot sooner then 3`4 months prior to an actual game release.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tsk... Tsk... Doesn't anyone play games for the story anymore? This isn't a direct port, and sure pokémon doesn't have that long of a story, but if a traslation is going to be done. Do it right! not like PaperMagician, and only using google translate. Personaly I don't see the point of only translating the menu and/or items.

KumoriRyuX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OtakuGamerZ said:
Tsk... Tsk... Doesn't anyone play games for the story anymore? This isn't a direct port, and sure pokémon doesn't have that long of a story, but if a traslation is going to be done. Do it right! not like Kazo, and full of typos. Personaly I don't see the point of only translating the menu and/or items.

True that, in every game i play i pay close attention to the story and music of the game, not just the general idea of the game. In a game with multiple versions like pokemon it's these little things that makes it different from the rest.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can you guys play without story?the story gives incentive to play and enjoy the game.just wandering with your pokemon,battling with everything,not knowing what everyone is saying isn't fun at all.i feel like a troll playing like that.playing with other patches is not worth it.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to share that Magnius will also be receiving updated files for his patch. I recently learned how to hex edit the tilemaps (.rcsn/NSCR) files, so I was able to fix the problem that prevented me from making all the buttons look proper.

Here's what I mean. The info button is fixed, and the Data button actually has room to exist.
datai.png

infovh.png

Edit: I may get around to centering the Exit button (now that I can), but that requires that I redo that entire graphic, and it's time for bed. Tata.

The Albino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
I love the idea too, and again, I'm not against the patch. But for it to be truly useful, it needs to be done a lot sooner then 3`4 months prior to an actual game release.

That's a pretty optimistic guestimate. Realistically speaking, it will probably be more like five months.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mehrab2603 said:
how can you guys play without story?the story gives incentive to play and enjoy the game.just wandering with your pokemon,battling with everything,not knowing what everyone is saying isn't fun at all.i feel like a troll playing like that.playing with other patches is not worth it.

For a lot of people Pokemon is about the collecting, training and battling. The paper thin story is meaningless in the grand scheme of the game. I, personally, enjoy the story, but it's definitely not some weird thing to not care about the dialogue. Pokemon as an RPG goes way beyond the "Some kid saves the world" bit with the nearly 500 Pokemon you can collect, train, trade, battle, enter into contests, etc, etc.

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beware said:
Screens look fantastic. Can't wait to check out the release (my girlfriend will also be very excited).
happy.gif
One thing: Are you going to be translating all the new text also? You mention you are using the same text from GSC, but there are some new additions. Will these be included?

Just to answer your question because WataruKun might be too busy too notice, WataruKun is not using the same text, all the text is translated by him and he will also translate the new text. Happy to have answered your question.
yaynds.gif

vivins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woo! my first post (he doesnt even have a picture!)

anyways ive been following the thread since page 1 so dont worry noob haters. i know how to handle myself on forums.
anyways, its nice to have the whole thing translated for people who do competitive battling and such too, and the story gives it such a nice edge, but if your just playing to beat it and brag then oh well
laugh.gif

kudos for you for putting up to all this BS
happy.gif

spaceboy827

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok to all who posted on my comments, i honestly just wanted to see what people would say after reading what people had replied to other comments like mine
tongue.gif
im aware that there is no beta or anything out. But, btw, great job and keep up the great work
.....and to the person who called me a two-post n00b, this is y i cut myself

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spaceboy827 said:
ok to all who posted on my comments, i honestly just wanted to see what people would say after reading what people had replied to other comments like mine
tongue.gif
im aware that there is no beta or anything out. But, btw, great job and keep up the great work
.....and to the person who called me a two-post n00b, this is y i cut myself
wow dude come down, dont cut urself, we all love u , ok .... we just get paranoid of the same question that has been answered but dont go to that extent

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great new screens Watara-Kun.

People please stop the negativity, i think there is a thread for troll somewere else go to it if u wanna bitch, theres even a country for that. ITS CALLED ENGLAND. Go there.

Watara-Kun if ur having trouble with the graphics im skilled in photoshop so message me.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
prefer romrutos logo, sense he went through all this hard work to brIng us the awesome English logos for this English patch. And some of u r spitting tobacco juice in his face and that really busts my chops, yall aren't babies ur mature enough to atleast show respect for the lad for this art of beatingfulness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag