Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

DarkMoS

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for your software, it definitively ease the use of machsift and cycling across those MAC addresses :)

I was suffering from random Windows 7 "soft" crashes at the beginning, always when changing MACs (could be after a couple of minutes or several hours). Symptoms were: unresponsive explorer, unable to open or close windows, computer not closing properly... However no CPU spikes which lead me to memory problems.
After some investigation, turns out that IPv6 DNS is eating a lot of virtual memory and NetBios wasn't liking the frequent MAC changes.
Removing IPv6 internet protocol from both Wi-Fi and attwifi adapters' properties + deactivating netbios in IPv4 protocol / advanced properties / WINS section solved the situation, your soft is cycling across the 160 mac since 48h without any hiccups :)

I'm not getting any hits for Zelda LbW though...

D

Deleted User

The streetpass may get a moving villager from another user. Its not possible to define if it will work or not, random as the extra items in re-tail
i mean from bravely default and no matter what I do I cant get a streetpass hit for this game they must have blocked it

DarkMoS

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have setup ubuntu on an external hdd drive and I'm now getting hits for Zelda, there could be two explanations for this:
-games except Mii Plaza can exclusively get their streetpass hits via an unprotected hotspot (on Windows you must set wpa)
-Prime Macs and their derivative doesn't carry games data, only customs Macs do (on windows you're stuck to x2, x6, xE addresses)

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean from bravely default and no matter what I do I cant get a streetpass hit for this game they must have blocked it
I had this issue. There's a 'bug' where if your streetmii plaza is full you won't get any. Disable streetpass for mii plaza then try. After I did that the villagers started to stream in.

zade831

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having issues setting up the homepass. I have done all the steps and have been able to connect to attwifi. My problem though is that when I run MACycle, the MAC address for the wireless adapater changes but not the MAC address for the attwifi. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I tried 2 different wireless adapter, a D-link DWA-160 Extreme N Dual Band USB Adapter and an Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

JKnS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok! I need some help. Each time I start the program to go through the cycle it messes up my connection! Erases the attwifi network and doesn't let me start a new one. I have to uninstall an re install all the drivers. Does anyone know why this might be?

MonoAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I'm having issues with setting up homepass. The problem occurs when I spoof the MAC address; whenever I spoof the MAC address of attwifi, it does spoof successfully however I am no longer able to connect to attwifi with any device. It doesn't matter how I spoof it, whether is be with macshift or MACycle or MACpass, I just can't connect to attwifi but if I revert the MAC address back to its original state, I can connect to attwifi perfectly fine.

I'd appreciate any help.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I do stop the hostednetwork before spoofing the MAC then restarting it.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So I decided to add some new stuff for whatever the next version will be. You will now have an option to choose whether you want to see messageboxes, or notifications in the tray.

km64TWN.png

It will notify you whenever it changes the MAC address, and when it finishes (And if there are any errors). I hope to add the Pause/Resume and Next buttons soon, but I'm still unsure as to how I will add them.

And in unrelated news, MACycle has hit 10 000 total downloads! Yay!

ooglopboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I am trying to set up Homepass. I went through a walkthrough and set up the attwifi and got it to the point now where my 3DS says Nintendo Zone and can connect to the internet. I downloaded this MAC cycling program and everything. My issue now is that I am not receiving any streetpasses from this method. Is there something I am doing wrong here? What more info would someone need to assist me here?

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MACycle is wonderful. I set up homepass already and was altering the MAC address using macshift and starting/ending my virtual network manually. This program makes it much easier.

I'm not sure if it is a problem with my wireless card, but sometimes I get no Internet connection through IPv4. It seems to happen after the mac changes, as recreating the virtual network seems to have it with the connection if I keep the mac the same. I changed the cooldown to 15 seconds, and that seems to have temporarily fixed it, but I never had that problem with doing it the manual way. Might just be how the automation works.

EDIT: It was working for a period of time but now the IPv4 has no connection again. Seems this happens sometimes but not all the time. Is there a way to ensure it keeps the connection with my Ethernet?

Notifications would be really nice. Just hoping there will be options to disable them if we don't want them for a period of time.

For implementing next/pause/resume, what would be ideal is when a Mac Cycle is happening, "next" will force the next mac address (set the time out to 0), "pause" will put the timeout at some ridiculously huge number, and "resume" would put the time out back to what it was before "Pause" was hit.

Out of scope a bit for just this program, is to implement a page that shows what is currently connected to the network. That way you know if your 3DS is connecting and that the network is working. Of course there are other methods to find out, it would just be nice to stay inside the MACycle window.

Another suggestion would be to add timestamps to the output, would be nice to know for how long a mac was changed. That along with a counter that shows how long until the next mac change.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
EDIT: It was working for a period of time but now the IPv4 has no connection again. Seems this happens sometimes but not all the time. Is there a way to ensure it keeps the connection with my Ethernet?
For some reason, Windows decides that it has to restart the entire network card. I think (But don't quote me on this), you'd need a second network card so that the wireless one works completely independent of the wired one. I have the same issue with my laptop, so I tend to not use IRC while cycling.
Notifications would be really nice. Just hoping there will be options to disable them if we don't want them for a period of time.
I was thinking about that, but even the balloon popups are a tad less intrusive. And if anything, you can just disable the popups for MACycle in Windows' settings.
For implementing next/pause/resume, what would be ideal is when a Mac Cycle is happening, "next" will force the next mac address (set the time out to 0), "pause" will put the timeout at some ridiculously huge number, and "resume" would put the time out back to what it was before "Pause" was hit.
I have a few ideas floating around in my head, but that's another way I can do it as well.
Out of scope a bit for just this program, is to implement a page that shows what is currently connected to the network. That way you know if your 3DS is connecting and that the network is working. Of course there are other methods to find out, it would just be nice to stay inside the MACycle window.
There may be third-party programs that can do this, but I don't think it'd be enough to add it to MACycle. However, if the demand for it is great enough, I'll look into it and see if it's possible.
Another suggestion would be to add timestamps to the output, would be nice to know for how long a mac was changed. That along with a counter that shows how long until the next mac change.

I can very easily add timestamps, but a countdown wouldn't be likely, as the thread sleeps when it's waiting. I'd have to see if I can make it return the current amount of time that the Thread.Sleep has passed from the WorkingThread, but if I can, and the demand is high enough for it, I can add it.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, Windows decides that it has to restart the entire network card. I think (But don't quote me on this), you'd need a second network card so that the wireless one works completely independent of the wired one. I have the same issue with my laptop, so I tend to not use IRC while cycling.

Maybe this will better explain it:

0Pt9g3u.png

Ns29IZJ.png

gleek0G.png

OAuzX0x.png

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Maybe this will better explain it: <snip photos>

It might be that for some reason, your Ethernet isn't wanting to share an internet connection with your hostednetwork after it is disabled and re-enabled. I'm not sure what would cause that, but check the settings for that by going to your Ethernet's properties, and under the Sharing tab, ensure that Ethernet is always able to share an internet connection with your hostednetwork.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be that for some reason, your Ethernet isn't wanting to share an internet connection with your hostednetwork after it is disabled and re-enabled. I'm not sure what would cause that, but check the settings for that by going to your Ethernet's properties, and under the Sharing tab, ensure that Ethernet is always able to share an internet connection with your hostednetwork.

I looked into it, and found that no matter what (whether the Internet is found or not), it looks like this:

r3MJGzn.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson