Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

If you did everything right and edited the batch files with the proper paths + downloaded macshift + downloaded icsmanager and placed them all in the same folder + run the batch from elevated command prompt, then yes! Just type

Code:
start homepass.bat

And it will open another command prompt and continue moving through the macs at a 30 minute interval rate.

In all honestly I'd just wait and see what @Team_Fail does with MACycle and the ICS management. If all goes well, then I won't even have to use a batch anymore or other programs!

I've done all of that and I've gone through and have it running currently. Should I close out of Virtual Router? (I have it running, it wasn't doing much for me.) I'm just curious to see if I actually start to get street passes. So far I haven't, but we'll see. :D

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, so that means that the hosted virtual AP will need to have WPA2 turned on? If that is the case, how can the 3DS detect it as a home pass? I was under the assumption that this MACycle program simple cycles the mac address of the hosted virtual AP.

Another side point, will this work if I use a software like... connectify to create the virtual hotspot?

netsh wlan create [etc] on creation will make an access point that is encrypted in WPA2-PSK/AES with a key set that you specify.

MACycle uses macshift to change the MAC address of your PC's Wi-Fi card (or usb Wi-Fi device). This ends up changing your hosted virtual AP as well since it runs off that source for sending out the signal.

You have to create a connection on your 3DS to "attwifi". After connecting to it, the 3DS recognizes the SSID to be a Nintendo Zone relay point, and Streetpass data is sent over the network to other users that are using the same connection. Normally this would only be yourself, but for some reason the Streetpass Relay Point system distributes out the Streetpass data based on media access control address. Why it does that, I haven't the slightest clue. Other ssids like "_The Cloud" and such can also work but not as well as attwifi from my experience.

The encryption won't effect streetpassing, but it will effect actually opening the Nintendo Zone application viewer on your 3DS. Maybe someone that has more knowledge of how it works could tell you, this is just from my own experience and understanding.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I'll probably add the application to 1.40 to go alongside macshift, and add a self-check for that as well, and I'll add a setting for it so you can toggle it at your discretion.

pBullet Once I code this in (I'm not sure when I'll have spare time, but I'll make it a priority), would you be willing to debug and test it for me?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
netsh wlan create [etc] on creation will make an access point that is encrypted in WPA2-PSK/AES with a key set that you specify.

MACycle uses macshift to change the MAC address of your PC's Wi-Fi card (or usb Wi-Fi device). This ends up changing your hosted virtual AP as well since it runs off that source for sending out the signal.

You have to create a connection on your 3DS to "attwifi". After connecting to it, the 3DS recognizes the SSID to be a Nintendo Zone relay point, and Streetpass data is sent over the network to other users that are using the same connection. Normally this would only be yourself, but for some reason the Streetpass Relay Point system distributes out the Streetpass data based on media access control address. Why it does that, I haven't the slightest clue. Other ssids like "_The Cloud" and such can also work but not as well as attwifi from my experience.

The encryption won't effect streetpassing, but it will effect actually opening the Nintendo Zone application viewer on your 3DS. Maybe someone that has more knowledge of how it works could tell you, this is just from my own experience and understanding.

Hm. So basically I have to create a virtual connection named "attwifi" which is encrypted. Then I would have to set up my 3ds to connect to this encrypted "attwifi" network? Upon doing so, MAACcycle changes my wifi card mac address to spoof different Nintendo Zone networks?

Does this mean that for homepass to work, all I need to do is to set up my computer to have a virtual AP named "attwifi"?

D

Deleted User

I let it run over night again, and still have no street passes. I have verified "Nintendo Zone" is lighting up when I am connected, and that I have internet access on the 3ds. I either do not have it set up right, or the list of MAC addresses I have is void of any other users connecting. That'd be just my luck!

Anything else anyone can think of what I am missing? Anyone have a MAC address they can test with me with?

flipmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dharmlost - Your laptop wifi card may not be changing the MAC address. I have a Dell laptop that I tried this with and it doesn't allow changes to the MAC address. Not all wifi cards are compatible with this. Try opening a cmd and run ipconfig. Verifiy that both the attwifi and your wifi card's MAC addresses have changed.

D

Deleted User

flipmo: I have verified that my MAC address for my laptop's internal Wi-Fi card is changing when MACycle changes it. I am trying to figure out how to view the MAC address of the attwifi hostednetwork that I created. Any insight on how to check that?

I found the MAC address of my hostednetwork "attwifi", and it does not match the MAC address that MACycle is currently on. Is that where I've gone wrong? What do I need to do to get that MAC to change???

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably add the application to 1.40 to go alongside macshift, and add a self-check for that as well, and I'll add a setting for it so you can toggle it at your discretion.

pBullet Once I code this in (I'm not sure when I'll have spare time, but I'll make it a priority), would you be willing to debug and test it for me?

Test, yes. Debug, I can try.

D

Deleted User

I've been through everything I can think of so far today, trying to get this to work. I am thinking that, based on some articles I read, that it is not working because Intel blocks MAC spoofing. Yet I see the MAC address of my Intel 6205 changing. At the same time, should the MAC address of my hostednetwork be changing as well? For all I have watched it today, that has never changed. In fact, I've noticed my Intel Wifi card will revert back to a MAC address that is almost exactly the same as my hostednetwork, off only by the last letter (C on one, D on the other).

So I think I am going to get myself a USB wifi adapter. Any recommendations on brand/model???

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think the chances are of seeing the following features in a future version?

- Option to automatically begin cycling on starting the program
- Option to automatically loop cycling (when it reaches the last MAC, start again from the beginning)

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be willing to release the current version source? There's a handful of features I'd love to program in. I'd be willing to provide you with any changes I make so you can consider them for the main program.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Would you be willing to release the current version source? There's a handful of features I'd love to program in. I'd be willing to provide you with any changes I make so you can consider them for the main program.

I have been wanting to release the source, but I've been busy with school and whatnot. I do intend to release the source, don't get me wrong, however, I would like to code in a few other features first before doing so, as well as perhaps some code cleanup. I will get around to it eventually, but just not soon.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
when i type in ipconfig /all, and i see what mac address is being used, with my real wireless adaptor, the mac is the one that macylcer is currently set to use, but the 'microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter' has the mac address the same, BUT the first digit is 3, not 4...

so, macycler is set to use 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46, and it changes my real wifi mac, but the virtual one, the one that is actually being used my my 3ds right..., is set as 3e:53:50:4f:4f:46.....
i just connect to the attwifi connection with my mac, type arp -a in terminal, and it tells me the mac of the router, and that is where i see 3e:.....

anyone have some problem like this?? :) still, thanks for this program

-edit. ok, i did and nice a dirty workaround of just getting those 160 or so mac addresses, changing them to start with 3E instead of 4E, (plus having to remove those colons, it would be nice if the custom mac input box supported them... :)) and yeah, so it makes my Wi-Fi named adapter a mac with 3E.. but then on the virtual wifi it gets changed to 4E...
who knows why, maybe some driver thing, but the main thing is it's working for me and getting nice streetpasses for kirby :) thanks

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
thanks for this
i download the program , i have a wifi hotspot on my laptop
but the program asking me for a mac address
what the available one ?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So, I got the MAC addresses from 3ds EOLCycler v3.1G that give you gifts for Animal Crossing and Pokémon X/Y, and created a macs.ini for them:

Code:
[MAC Addresses]
Mac Address 1=001daa83d098
Mac Address 2=001daa83ccfc
Mac Address 3=4E53504F4F46
Mac Address 4=4E53504F4F37
Copy and paste this as macs.ini in MACycle's location, and ensure you're using the latest version. Pop open the Custom MACs tab, and click Start!

aos10 Make sure you open MACycle.exe and not macshift.exe.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I figured out a way to do it even more effectively...

<snip>

The program Virtual Router keeps the virtual router settings preserved (as well as showing what is currently connected), and it keeps the Ethernet connection going when MACycle changes my MAC.

Since I have the exact same problem (attwifi getting "no network access" after some time, thus preventing getting any Streetpass hits), I'm going to try Virtual Router Manager now as well, hoping it'll work. :D

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So, I got the MAC addresses from 3ds EOLCycler v3.1G that give you gifts for Animal Crossing and Pokémon X/Y, and created a macs.ini for them:

Code:
[MAC Addresses]
Mac Address 1=001daa83d098
Mac Address 2=001daa83ccfc
Mac Address 3=4E53504F4F46
Mac Address 4=4E53504F4F37
Copy and paste this as macs.ini in MACycle's location, and ensure you're using the latest version. Pop open the Custom MACs tab, and click Start!

aos10 Make sure you open MACycle.exe and not macshift.exe.
i used it , but nothing happen

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I have the exact same problem (attwifi getting "no network access" after some time, thus preventing getting any Streetpass hits), I'm going to try Virtual Router Manager now as well, hoping it'll work. :D
Great, when using Virtual Router I'm getting "Virtual Wifi device not found".. From using google I saw it might be because I'm using a German version of Windows 8, thus the name's different.
There were a couple "solutions" which did not work at all tho. :/
69k68kc.png

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the Virtual Access Point listed in the control panel? If it isn't, you need to create one. I made a tutorial back then on the whole process:
Well, even with the above error message, the virtual hotspot (attwifi) is there, it just doesn't do shit, so I simply gave up. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol