Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Requests? Add Pause button.

And mind if u explain me how to Homepass with a friend? Idk which MAC to type in the Custom Mac tab.

Pause button is on the to-do list, although it'll be much easier with the Sequential button, but I have ideas on how to add it in Random mode. I also plan to add the ability to append a list of custom MACs.

As for the Custom MAC, you and a friend have to use the same MAC address. I'm not sure if there's any set way, but I believe it can work by using a friend's MAC address that's assigned to their access point to communicate with them.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pause button is on the to-do list, although it'll be much easier with the Sequential button, but I have ideas on how to add it in Random mode. I also plan to add the ability to append a list of custom MACs.

As for the Custom MAC, you and a friend have to use the same MAC address. I'm not sure if there's any set way, but I believe it can work by using a friend's MAC address that's assigned to their access point to communicate with them.

Right now i'm homepassing.
After 10 streetpasss come to my 3DS i stop the program and play my streetpass games.
Then i run ur program again and start Sequential and it starts from the 1st mac that i already streetpassed so i need to wait till MAC Nr 11 comes, kinda annoying.

And he gave me his MAC but it didn't work for some reason.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Your friend also needs to set up a streetpass hotspot and use that mac address so that their streetpass data gets uploaded

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not 100% sure how you are storing the list nor how you are randomizing it, but what you could do is create the randomized list prior to actually starting the process and then process that randomized list in the exact same manner as the sequential list. I'll look at the source code to see if I can give you a more exact solution.

UPDATE: Looking at the code, I think it should be easy enough to convert your randomizing process to create a new list which is then passed into the MAC cycling portion of the program and it simply always runs as "sequential" but the lists are just different each time. Instead of just putting the randomly pulled MAC directly into the MAC changing process, you instead place that MAC into the list which, when filled, is then processed the same as a sequential list. It will take slightly longer for a random list to initialize this way, but the benefit of being able to pause or even allow for custom burst sizes (10 at a time and then it pauses automatically for instance) would, I feel, be worth it.

Reactions: JRave

kapnbanjo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Love the app, it's been working great, however...

Currently the laptop I am using to pull this off is sitting in my laundry room on a shelf. Being hard wired is all well and good, but what I'd like to do is have one wireless card connected to my wifi and another wireless card (usb wireless adapter) broadcast that connection.

I've been able to set that up, but the problem I run into is when I run Mac changer that the shared wireless disappears and then when it comes back it's a new network name so I have to go and update the share permissions to share the network to that connection, but when the mac changes again, same thing.

Is there some way this can work?

FredMSloniker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add an option to pause cycling, or even to make n number of steps through the cycle? It'd be nice to be able to (for instance) make ten steps through the full random list, check how many people are at the Mii plaza gate, be all 'hmm, need four more', cycle it four more steps, et cetera until I have a set of ten, then play in the plaza before starting again. Being able to pause the cycle would prevent me from wasting time revisiting MAC addresses I've recently visited.

Oh, that's another good idea! Make a log of how recently you used a specific MAC address and add an option to not use it again within a certain amount of time.

EDIT: wait, how did this board get my avatar? I didn't put it in manually.

TaunTaun 22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES FINALLY
Would it be possible to add an option to pause cycling, or even to make n number of steps through the cycle? It'd be nice to be able to (for instance) make ten steps through the full random list, check how many people are at the Mii plaza gate, be all 'hmm, need four more', cycle it four more steps, et cetera until I have a set of ten, then play in the plaza before starting again. Being able to pause the cycle would prevent me from wasting time revisiting MAC addresses I've recently visited.

Oh, that's another good idea! Make a log of how recently you used a specific MAC address and add an option to not use it again within a certain amount of time.

EDIT: wait, how did this board get my avatar? I didn't put it in manually.

Amazing idea dude! Thought of the same thing last night! I would love that. Also, it would be nice if the Nintendo World MACs were back up

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure how you are storing the list nor how you are randomizing it, but what you could do is create the randomized list prior to actually starting the process and then process that randomized list in the exact same manner as the sequential list. I'll look at the source code to see if I can give you a more exact solution.

UPDATE: Looking at the code, I think it should be easy enough to convert your randomizing process to create a new list which is then passed into the MAC cycling portion of the program and it simply always runs as "sequential" but the lists are just different each time. Instead of just putting the randomly pulled MAC directly into the MAC changing process, you instead place that MAC into the list which, when filled, is then processed the same as a sequential list. It will take slightly longer for a random list to initialize this way, but the benefit of being able to pause or even allow for custom burst sizes (10 at a time and then it pauses automatically for instance) would, I feel, be worth it.

Thats basically what the macPass beta 1.1 does. You can even edit/add MAC's to the list and reshuffle them via the program. http://gbatemp.net/threads/homepass-macpass-beta-1-1.354279/

kapnbanjo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kapnbanjo Do what I do. Create a virtual machine of windows 7 and connect your USB wifi to that virtual machine.

I'll give that a try.
Unfortunately it's only a little Atom powered netbook, so I don't know if it has the oomph for a VM, but we'll see.
Now to go find who has the most resource efficient VM, I'm gunna guess Virtual Box if it's what it was last time I was playing with that stuff

FredMSloniker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a bug report: if you click 'start' without making a choice of cycling method, the program complains, but the 'start' button becomes 'stop' anyway and the cycling method selector is grayed out. Clicking 'stop' simply repeats the error message about not having made a choice without reverting the button to 'start'.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Got a bug report: if you click 'start' without making a choice of cycling method, the program complains, but the 'start' button becomes 'stop' anyway and the cycling method selector is grayed out. Clicking 'stop' simply repeats the error message about not having made a choice without reverting the button to 'start'.

I'll take a look at that when I get working on it. I have a few free days this week so I'll attempt to push for an update (Bug fixes and feature requests) within the next week or two.

This makes me wish jobs and schools never existed and we learned everything at once.

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the StreetPass changes lately, it's just unusually buggy for a Nintendo product. I've crashed a time or two recently when it was doing nothing but sitting there open. It's not directly related to HomePass, but since HomePass has caused people to use StreetPass Plaza more, statistically more crashes are inevitable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...