Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

doppio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi people, I havent been able to use homepass on windows these last days and I was trying everything I possibly can (ie. change PCs, set everything again from the start, resetting, restarting, etc) but no luck, no homepass. I was about to ask here what could be the problem when I found this:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50093

Can people check it out and confirm. It seems this has something to do with the new 9.0.0.... 3DS update. Thanks in advance.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi people, I havent been able to use homepass on windows these last days and I was trying everything I possibly can (ie. change PCs, set everything again from the start, resetting, restarting, etc) but no luck, no homepass. I was about to ask here what could be the problem when I found this:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50093

Can people check it out and confirm. It seems this has something to do with the new 9.0.0.... 3DS update. Thanks in advance.

Change your SSID to NZ@McD1

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I'll probably add a mention of it in a small update to the application, just so people know about the modification. Are we still using the same MAC addresses?

eeg710

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love your program, it's been a great help. Is there any way to get timestamps on the output? That would be super-great. Thanks!

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I love your program, it's been a great help. Is there any way to get timestamps on the output? That would be super-great. Thanks!

That wouldn't be too terribly difficult to implement. Perhaps if I release a build soon I may add that, as well as a setting for it.

b1954645

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So attwifi doesn't work unless the password is removed? Which is apparently not possible on Windows... so the working alternative is NZ@McD1 which is just crap outside of Mii Plaza. All I get are Germans, no offense to Germans, but the majority of them simply do not share same games of interest as I do. Thus I rarely get any hits for the games I want... sucks.

z3razerviper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the asus usb-n53 utility to create an access point have been for almost a year and it allows open wifi networks on windows but even its not finding street passes with attwif or the NZ@McD1 kinda bummed.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
About the Intel wireless driver blocking mac address changing, I discovered that this can be overcome on Linux via macchanger:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
    (
        if [ "$#" != "1" ]
        then
            echo "mac changer script must be given iface name as argument: $@"
            echo "Using default of wlan0 instead."
            iface="wlan0"
        else
            iface=$1
        fi
        service network-manager stop
        ifconfig $iface down
        macchanger --mac 4E:53:50:4F:4F:40  $iface 
        ifconfig $iface up
        service network-manager start

) > ~/Desktop/change-mac.log

I use this with ap-hotspot (attwifi, open) on Ubuntu 14.04 and saw the green light!

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if I am a tad off-topic here, but an event for ORAS was announced, although it is in a nostalgic yet unorthodox method to obtain. Back in R/S, to get the Eon Ticket you had to 'mix records', now for ORAS, it is shared via StreetPass. Now I dont know much about this *yet*, but if some people obtain the Eon Ticket (29th November, London Event), couldn't their MACs be used to obtain it in places where it most likely cannot be obtained?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Sorry if I am a tad off-topic here, but an event for ORAS was announced, although it is in a nostalgic yet unorthodox method to obtain. Back in R/S, to get the Eon Ticket you had to 'mix records', now for ORAS, it is shared via StreetPass. Now I dont know much about this *yet*, but if some people obtain the Eon Ticket (29th November, London Event), couldn't their MACs be used to obtain it in places where it most likely cannot be obtained?
I'm assuming that it will, I'll have to take a look and see when it does happen. Perhaps a few MACs will be set up for people that have the Eon Ticket so that others can get it to share.

Team Fail this program is really amazing!!! ^_^ I have only one question... Is there a way to reduce the CPU usage? It's always at 25%, and my PC fan is always on! :-(

I'll have to take a look at the refactored code again and see what's causing the CPU usage. I'm not sure why it's so bad all the time.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm assuming that it will, I'll have to take a look and see when it does happen. Perhaps a few MACs will be set up for people that have the Eon Ticket so that others can get it to share.
Theorettically it should work? If you were to say the people who have an Eon Ticket are classed as infected MAC's, you could put an option in to choose from those? If it is given out via Streetpass, then im sure if someone came across an infected MAC, they'd get the item

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Theorettically it should work? If you were to say the people who have an Eon Ticket are classed as infected MAC's, you could put an option in to choose from those? If it is given out via Streetpass, then im sure if someone came across an infected MAC, they'd get the item
If anything, just create a new MAC INI file of the "infected" MACs and just share that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o