Mac OS X on my netbook

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by JinTrigger, Aug 19, 2011.

Aug 19, 2011

Mac OS X on my netbook by JinTrigger at 5:49 PM (754 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Hello! I have an Acer Aspire One D532 and I found this guide for installing leopard on a PC, but it has some requirements I don't understand so my question is if I can use this guide to install Mac OS X leopard on my system and if not is there anyway

2. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    That guide is outdated. I would look for a newer one. What requirements do you not understand?

3. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Those requirements and I figured it was outdated

4. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    if you search the torrent sites and/or google, you may find a Hackintosh version that has been pre-compiled for your computer. Since the Acer Aspire One netbook series is common, it's very possible you'll easily find one. I did for my Dell Inspiron Mini back when they first came out.

5. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Basically its hard to make Mac OSX work on certain processors because APple don't have the drivers for them in the system. Since only they build the systems they put their OS on they only include drivers for the processors they use. ANy processor that isn't a Core iX or Pentium Dual Core (can't remember model numbers or name exactly) need kernel edits and additions to make them work. These DO exist but it adds an extra step in.

6. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    So I should be able to find this hackintosh verison of Mac OS X Leopard on google for Aspire Ones? This will make it bootable cause I heard it can be emulated, but I want it to be bootable (have dual booted netbook with Windows 7 and Mac OS X Leopard is my goal)

7. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I'm afraid that I can't say. Making a Hackintosh is a very strange process. I know that it IS possible to patch an ISO to run certain unsupported cores but I don't know if your Netbook can (I assume it has an Atom).
    Seriously, google around for more guides on running a Hackintosh, that quick snippet is just something a gleaned while reading through a guide on it several months ago. I do know you need very specific hardware to run the stock version, the motherboard type, graphics card, everything needs to have some form of driver for Mac OSX.