Question Mac file management software?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Wednesday101, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Wednesday101
    OP

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Is there an application for osx that allows proper copying of files and folders to a switch sd card? Currently folders created by osx arent detected on a switch at all. I can't currently run bootcamp or parallels unfortunately.

2. stewacide

stewacide GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    There’s a lot of weirdness about Finder and SDs for Switch. Besides the junk metadata ._ files it creates, I find it corrupts files if I copy more than one concurrently (this could be a problem with my SDs controller though).

3. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2007
    You're welcome:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-sd-reading-problems-for-macos-users.510856/

Commands to run and be 'safe' not to touch the 'Nintendo' folder, then would be:

sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/NAMEOFTHESDCARD/switch/
    sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/NAMEOFTHESDCARD/retroarch/
    find /Volumes/NAMEOFTHESDCARD/ -name '._*' -type f -delete
    find /Volumes/NAMEOFTHESDCARD/ -name '.DS_Store' -type f -delete

You could copy them into a shell script, make it executable (chmod +x) and run it every time before you unmount your usb card adapter.

Last edited by notimp, Sep 25, 2018
  4. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2002
    United States
    Michigan
    There is an option in Hekate -> Tools for clearing the Archive bit on all files. Use that to fix your problem. There's also a command you can run in Terminal to fix it (notimp linked it), but it's risky if it touches the Nintendo folder. My recommendation is to use Hekate since it automatically avoids the Nintendo folder.

Last edited by sirAnger, Sep 25, 2018
    notimp likes this.
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom