Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

daisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so confused atm. So the hex u posted before can be used to mod SP1 so that it can be applied to the full english one found on this site?
wacko.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Geo411m: very nice, looks great.

nori2nori said:
Please let me apologize to you for not working patches for ext files.
I rechecked the code, so you may use "M3 Sakura" in any language versions of M3 REAL card by using following patches.
Search and replace all of the following code on startnds.ext?and startgba.ext files.
Search with: 08 40 2D E9 00 30 A0 E3 00 30 8D E5 CD 00 A0 E3
Replace to: A4 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 00 30 8D E5 CD 00 A0 E3

Search with: 08 40 2D E9 B1 00 A0 E3 00 10 A0 E3 01 00 80 E2
Replace to: A4 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 00 10 A0 E3 01 00 80 E2

Search with: 08 40 2D E9 00 30 A0 E3 00 30 8D E5 00 20 A0 E3
Replace to: A4 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 00 30 8D E5 00 20 A0 E3

Search with: 08 40 2D E9 02 30 A0 E3 00 30 8D E5 01 30 A0 E1
Replace to: A4 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 00 30 8D E5 01 30 A0 E1

Search with: 08 40 2D E9 AA 00 A0 E3 00 10 A0 E3 01 00 80 E2
Replace to: A4 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 00 10 A0 E3 01 00 80 E2
You need to change all matched codes when the code would be matched multiple times in the files.

Enjoy!
yaynds.gif
Works great nori2nori, at least on the 3 things I tried it on. Even that new Twin Age game is working with the patched SP1 file now
smile.gif
Thanks much, saved me from the minute or two to convert it to JPN again (though you should probably post the file as many don't like to hexedit)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone able to post the pre-patched firmware (nori2nori's patch, not iamnobody etc's one)?

thanks

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
cory1492 said:
Works great nori2nori, at least on the 3 things I tried it on. Even that new Twin Age game is working with the patched SP1 file now
smile.gif
Thanks much, saved me from the minute or two to convert it to JPN again (though you should probably post the file as many don't like to hexedit)
Many thanks to Cory1492 for checking the patch if working like a charm or not. I know your name very well, and I respect you, as well as I should respect Moonlight who designed "M3 Sakura", so I don't want to provide the patched files, because I believe that he doesn't want it to be hacked...
frown.gif

The patches I provided is just a information, so the usage is up to you, however, I don't hate someone who uploads the patched files with the information
smile.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nori2nori:
I'm pretty certain the .ext files that are patched are not provided by moonlight. In fact, I think they violate many projects and such; I see traces of PALib in them, iTouch markings and similar. If anything, M3 is giving moonlight an expensive RVDS license to work with strictly for this project (if you remember, the final version of moonshell was compiled on a student/temporary copy of RVDS and once that expired there have been no further revisions aside from a plugin or so.)

I for one respect Moonlights work, but not M3's insistence on continuing to region lock their aftermarket/3rd party products (adding a lock on a device that is meant to unlock a different commercial product is just ridiculous if you ask me, and has caused more problems for their customers than I could justify for any type of aftermarket device.) I will respect your decision though, and not post the file myself.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
fair enough guys.

i'll edit it myself then. i could have done it in the first place but i was just being lazy. naughty me
happy.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
cory1492 said:
nori2nori:
I'm pretty certain the .ext files that are patched are not provided by moonlight. In fact, I think they violate many projects and such; I see traces of PALib in them, iTouch markings and similar. If anything, M3 is giving moonlight an expensive RVDS license to work with strictly for this project (if you remember, the final version of moonshell was compiled on a student/temporary copy of RVDS and once that expired there have been no further revisions aside from a plugin or so.)

I for one respect Moonlights work, but not M3's insistence on continuing to region lock their aftermarket/3rd party products (adding a lock on a device that is meant to unlock a different commercial product is just ridiculous if you ask me, and has caused more problems for their customers than I could justify for any type of aftermarket device.) I will respect your decision though, and not post the file myself.
It's stupid action to region lock the M3 and Sakura product. I guessed Moonlight couldn't resist the temptation of RVDS gifts from M3flashJP (Gbalpha Japan monopolistic agency)
dry.gif

BTW, I succeeded to run M3Real(J) and M3 Sakura on iTouchDS, and it's possible to run M3 Sakura on R4, DSTT, e.t.c. with the general DLDI version.
cool.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
BTW, I succeeded to run M3Real(J) and M3 Sakura on iTouchDS, and it's possible to run M3 Sakura on R4, DSTT, e.t.c. with the general DLDI version.
I really don't think that Moonlight and M3 Team would like to see that spreading around..With this, all their effort would break in half
huh.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
I really don't think that Moonlight and M3 Team would like to see that spreading around..With this, all their effort would break in half
huh.gif

In the point of hardware view, M3 Real and ItouchDS are the almost same, so the M3 Real loader should be run on the iTouchDS, so it's indispensability action.
ph34r.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Maybe, but running Sakura on iTouchDS isn't that big of a deal as:
QUOTE said:
and it's possible to run M3 Sakura on R4, DSTT, e.t.c. with the general DLDI version.

iTouchDS is their flash cart, all other carts are concurrency..Sakura being their strongest argument (together with great GBA support) surely isn't meant to be compatible with other carts, if this gets released/completed and if every cart could run Sakura..M3 Team would loose all efforts, just as handing them firmware in the first place..

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 Sakura: Paradise Update

Finished! Here is the changelog:

-Everything else added!

-Double slide icons complete
-Various fixes/tweaks
-A few additions

-Minor fixes
-Fixed the scroll bar

-Initial Release

Screenshots can be found here.

Download

Tell me what you think of it!
wink.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
iTouchDS is their flash cart, all other carts are concurrency..Sakura being their strongest argument (together with great GBA support) surely isn't meant to be compatible with other carts, if this gets released/completed and if every cart could run Sakura..M3 Team would loose all efforts, just as handing them firmware in the first place..
OK, I understand your concern, therefore I don't provide the information regarding the general DLDI versions.
happy.gif

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone upload a hex edited version of startnds.ext that will make summon night (eng) work plz

as i don't know how to do it

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I'm not telling you what to do..I'm just making my point, if you decide to release that information, it will be your choice
wink.gif

I actually like M3 Team and think they are making great efforts, and work really hard..So I wouldn't like if they stop working because of the bad sales (actually, I think they sell pretty well right now)..

Nevermind all that, if you can do that, you must be very skilled!!
smile.gif
That must be great..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol