kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awsome news ahtin thanks for the updates
smile.gif

not sure how this will affect the triple loader though!?

or if people will decide not to use the triple and use this instead?!

then again this may make the triple redundant ... if they decide to just update this in future and not the original kernel in favour of this as it has both sakura and m3 real !??

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
ahtin is it possible we could see a beta before hand....I cant wait..lol

also happy birthday

so will the interface be different to pervious Versions

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
powerpuff said:
wilsonramal said:
It Says: ¨WHITIN 1 MONTH¨ not ¨IN A MONTH¨, anyway, how difficult could it be to make a translation?? WHat the
angry.gif
are they waiting for? Even the M3 ds REal has a m3sakura logo printed on the package! Maybe M3 Team is busy playing Hello Kitty Game ,
wtf.gif

Dude, it's like ONE GUY in his bedroom who works 2 other jobs. Seriously, get some patience!
Hey, it's OK to have an opinion, but don't spread false rumors..
Moonlight is the main developer, and he's working with the M3 Team..

Nobody knows who Moonlight is. He's talented, but I guarantee you M3 doesn't pay him enough to make this his full-time gig. Everyone just needs to be patient, he's a busy guy. Has a family to support, has to work a real job for that.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
powerpuff said:
Toni Plutonij said:
powerpuff said:
wilsonramal said:
It Says: ¨WHITIN 1 MONTH¨ not ¨IN A MONTH¨, anyway, how difficult could it be to make a translation?? WHat the
angry.gif
are they waiting for? Even the M3 ds REal has a m3sakura logo printed on the package! Maybe M3 Team is busy playing Hello Kitty Game ,
wtf.gif

Dude, it's like ONE GUY in his bedroom who works 2 other jobs. Seriously, get some patience!
Hey, it's OK to have an opinion, but don't spread false rumors..
Moonlight is the main developer, and he's working with the M3 Team..

Nobody knows who Moonlight is. He's talented, but I guarantee you M3 doesn't pay him enough to make this his full-time gig. Everyone just needs to be patient, he's a busy guy. Has a family to support, has to work a real job for that.
nobody knows who moonlight is?
the guy who is responsible for the most used DS video player?

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powerpuff said:

MoonLight is one of the most wellknown HB devs. MoonLight is Japanese, and in Japan.

His involvement (according to old M3/GBalpha reports) ended when the Japanese version was released. Team M3 has been tweaking MoonLight's work to ready it for market since May 2008.

The Chinese version of Sakura is #1 priority. Gbalpha/M3 sells most of it's products in it's native mainland China.

The reason people are tired of waiting is because the "OS" (as GBalpha calls it) was annouced in Feburary 2008 for Japanese release in the first week of April 2008 (when Sakura trees are in full bloom)... hence it's name, M3 Sakura. The Chinese release was on sched to be released within two weeks after that (first time a non-Chinese anything was to come first from GBalpha). The English/Multi Euro language version was said to be released within a month after the Chinese release.

If it weren't for our good friend ahtin we would just have to rely on Team M3's vague emails and machine translated Chinese message boards for Sakura news. Not the best ways to quickly find out what's going on.

GBalpha/M3 is known for missing their own time frames, but they still usually deliver good products. That's why repeat customers still buy their gear.

Too bad they've let their Slot-2 support fall off. People spent $75USD+ buying M3/G6 Perfects. Of course supporting the M3 Simply and G6 Real* would be nice too.
yaynds.gif

*edit: Danny of Gbalpha was said to have suggested that a G6 Sakura might happen

edit #2: thank you ahtin!! oh, and have a great birthday when it rolls around.
smile.gif

edit #3... gawddamm, I'm slow.
wink.gif
my dream is for a "going away present" to Slot-2 users... M3/G6 Lite Sakura (old Slot-2s - out of production since late 2007) and the source for devs to add game updates. even with patching... M3Lite Perfect was great in it's time. I still use mine all the time for HB and as Sakura RAM.

Holiday time is near for all us... Happy Winter time holidays everyone.
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Rob_Threat, THANK you for that!, It's a nice sum up of the thing i have been telling for some time..

And powerpuff, if you don't know who Moonlight is, than it's your problem, trust me, people on the scene and in this community know about him really good!
For God sake, he developed Moonshell!! The only homebrew that is probably on 98% of all flash carts ever produced!

And ahtin...thanks for that info and those screens!! We would be totally in dark without you
wink.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
Is that a sort of official dual boot firmware or something?

Yes, and a great feature! Very clever M3! I guess they been lerking around GBATemp getting ideas from us. And I thought this was never gonna happen.... RTS in Sakura freaking AWESOME! All they have to do now is add the GBA screen changing option to Sakura. I'll never need to boot M3R(Touchpod) again!

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is great news on my end. I honestly think that adding new features to Sakura and the TouchPod is enough incentive to wait. So, am I right in guessing that the primary loader data between the two will be shared to make it easier to update? Whatever it takes, I'm willing to wait.

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
God, it still isn't released?

I left this forum months ago when the first hack was released, helped chaotic_geo a bit... but it still isn't out. God damb m3 team. I hate them; no g6 support at all.

So can some one get me up to date? I might get a m3 for christmas and give my g6 to my sister, therefore I will need to know all about the latest hacks available and so and so. Please don't say that could have been posted in the m3sakura faq thread because I couldn't give a damb. I might become like urza and be a bit of a jerk and treat everyone like dirt.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read News

Asian version of SAKURA (Cherry) official version of formally developed, two-systems by adding to determine
[Date: 2008-12-04] Source: GBalpha (China) Co., Ltd. Author: GBalpha Development

Due to Japan in October this year will be only the second SAKURA authority to the development of China's development, the current GBalpha through the development of the Chinese group the last two months of unremitting efforts, SAKURA system will be finally carried out a comprehensive transformation and upgrading, so that Its more suited to China's M3 users.

Asian version of the operating system SAKURA language interface is divided into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean, taking into account the different groups of people accustomed to the use and performance requirements of the boot for the first time the user can choose the default start SAKURA system or TouchPod the original system, based on the late Need to modify the default choice to start the project.

SAKURA said, will have to talk about the unique characteristics and functions SAKURA, gorgeous translucent interface, drag the new mode of operation and efficient software system, a high level of integration into the handheld entertainment features all the same products to catch up with the For the peak of Japan in April this year, the first on a global scale caused a sensation. The inspection function unique to the disk, you can quickly find and fix the SD card format errors occur and take preventive measures, effective solution to the user's precious data loss archive of the game. Psp due to the changing operating environment, many factors of instability, vibration, and so on all of a sudden power outages occur from time to time, SD cards are prone to error data storage, and found no errors in the case continue to be used, it may result in all data Loss of the serious consequences. GBalpha by virtue of software technology in the field of powerful technological support, the first to join the disk check function.

SAKURA according to the Chinese version of China's regional habits and characteristics of the use of fully corresponds to the localization, not only SAKURA operation of the interface language, in China to support services such as the contents have been added to the system SAKURA, you can easily let users All reflect the value-added services.

Multi-media functions, the Asian version of the system SAKURA multimedia support in the industry recognized leader in most of DSM-definition video formats, so that the audio-visual magic box provided by the film can continue to enjoy SAKURA system. At the same time, the speed with the new drive system PLUS may be based on the video frame before and after pictures of real-time information and then generate a frame in the middle, so that the effect of the screen to play more in a row, can play a maximum of up to 40 frames / second video card will not slow . It is worth mentioning that, DSM characteristics of the video format navigation menu can still cherry on the system to facilitate the display, which make the film more easy and convenient to operate here. Video and music players save a breakpoint function is also very practical, even if the power play less than half-way and direct or shut down power to switch off the host, was still able to connect again from where it left off last time to play.

The new version of SAKURA official DSM video broadcast standard 2.0-friendly conversion tools will also be launched, and multi-language counterparts. Users need only install a good video conversion software, you can convert the user-friendly high-quality video images. In order to simplify operations, staff development through various efforts, particularly by adding a button to install the system SAKURA, just insert the disk U, it can be a button to confirm to install the latest version of the system SAKURA to SD card, no need to operate manually, is very considerate of the initial SAKURA use of the user.

Games, the Asian version of the system SAKURA joined M3DS Real new NDS game more immediate filing system so that the game is to double the fun. Relatively early in the past on behalf of the Japanese cherry blossoms, the new version of the game interface is set up and original cherry Butt seamless system, the stability of the switch to operate freely, to set options at a glance. In addition, AR Goldfinger, R4 of the DAT format Goldfinger, XML, and other common file formats golden perfection can support single-card mode DownloadPlay on-line, GBA game linkage, GBA game and Goldfinger, and other real-time archive of all the M3DS Real Unique feature of the game were readily available, which are inherited and integrate the new system SAKURA.

* GBA game SLOT-2 needs to run the film version of the card or M3 perfect M3DS Real dedicated GBA expansion card GBA Expansion Pack

SAKURA system at an early date in order to allow the user to meet, GBalpha development of the sector to develop a series of upgrades, so that SAKURA has a more dynamic system expansion. Multi-tasking, more practical function of e-books, PDA functions and practical components are included in the latter part of the development plan to upgrade. It can be said with a M3DS Real, will have unprecedented software value-added services and content value-added services. At the same time, new M3DSi Real will also carry SAKURA system, which will have a more difficult SAKURA mission, but also is bound to SAKURA to another peak.

GBalpha the spirit of "first succession, after the innovation, winning top card burning," the clank vowed to re-engineer the rivers and mountains, SAKURA let M3DS Real War on the journey to open up the market. Elite R & D team succeeded in GBalpha software in the field of a large number of professional and technical experience, the beginning of hardships, fight day and night more than 100 months, and finally innovation have developed a completely unique style of operation and functions of the new system.

This is a stubborn growth, generation after generation of GBalpha developers still use their youth and continue to sweat and writing ...

Read: 1195 admin At the time of admission: admin

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

original Chinese text:

http://www.gbalpha.cn/China/GBalpha_news/h...2008-12/147.htm

edit for bolding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ik