Hacking M3i Zero + Slot-2 Cards

dropclip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I had been using a R4 (Slot-1) and a Supercard Lite (Slot-2). Recently R4 has been trashed so i went out and bought a new slot-1 card M3i Zero, however I failed to notice that it is only compatible with M3 slot-2 cards.

- has anyone found a way to get the M3i Zero to recognize a Supercard Lite Slot-2 card?

- Is there a way to use the M3 Lite firmware on the Supercard Lite so that the slot-2 is detected?

- Would a future M3i Zero core update support more slot-2 cards?

I researched and googled the hell out of this problem and cannot find anything what so ever other than buy a GBA Expansion Pack. I would rather not have to replace my slot-2 card for no reason other than compatibility, has anyone found a way around this?

(PS - I have emailed M3 about this and they just give a stupid generic response of: "Only M3 cards are compatible, sorry for any inconvenience")

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have purchased a supercard since it has full support for your slot two like GBA DS linking. There are ways to get a 3in1 to work with the zero but I'm pretty sure that you're out of luck with regard to the supercard.

dropclip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunatly is wasn't until after i bought it that i realized the compatibility issue, my own stupid fault but i was hoping for some sort of custom M3 firmware i could load on the supercard lite or something...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you just want to play GBA games I believe all you need to do is boot GBA (I believe there's an option for that). If not then just boot without the M3 inserted

dropclip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the hack gbaloader hint, i am fine/happy to play my GBA games from booting directly to slot-2 but i would like the slot-1 card to detect the supercard lite slot-2 for the RAM function though......

i will try and load the custom M3 gbaloader onto the supercard lite slot-2 card and see if M3i Zero will pick it up, does anyone have a link for the latest version of gbaldr?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.