Hacking M3i Zero sleep mode doesn't work in DSi XL

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a DSi XL and a M3i Zero with latest Sakura system. It works fine on DSi XL, but when I close the DSi, it turns off instead of entering in sleep mode, and it is really annoying.

The same M3i works like a charm in a dsi and in a ds lite. I only have the problem in DSi XL. It is not a problem of DSi XL because original games works fine and they enter in sleep mode. M3i is the only one with that problem.

Can somebody help me whit this?

Thanks in advance.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not sure what exactly causes this problem, but it's known problem from flashcart to flashcart.

One of the most popular theories is that your flashcart's contacts are connecting properly with the M3i Zero, so whenever you go into sleep mode your DSi XL loses connection with your flashcart and just shuts off (it does this with any game it loses connection with).

S

sumarth

the problem is probably in the connection to your dsi xl, not in the fact that it is a dsi XL

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies. So do you think it is a problem of the M3i Zero? If that is the case I can buy a new one to try it.

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

Here is my findings to my problem with Sleep Mode ON THE DSi (Not DSi XL)

MAYBE IT CAN HELP YOU ON YOUR DSi XL

I had the same problem, I was using a Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro sd card on the M3i Zero, DSI V1.4E.

I changed to a SanDisk 4Gb class 2 microsd card and formated the card in FAT32.

Now it works perfectly no more turning off when lid closed!!!!!!

I guess it has something to do with the Speed of the micro SD card or the true voltage.

I tried formating the Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro sd card in many different ways and no luck it just wont work.

I dont know what other tests to do so to resume my findings:

SanDisk 4Gb class 2 micro SDHC card WORKS PERFCTLY ON MY DSi V1.4E with M3i Zero M3i_V2_E2

Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro SDHC card DOES NOT WORK ON THE SAME DSi with the same M3i Zero

Let me know if this helped anyone.

GSMLAB

Reactions: banhieuu

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'll buy a new M3i Zero next week. Thanks for your help. I hope it works. Will report back.

gsmlab, I only have one micro sd card so I can't test your trick.

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again,

Tested again and 100% worinkg.

A friend had the same problem as me and I told him how I fixed mine, he went and bought a SanDisk 4Gb class 2 micro SDHC card and now his works also.

He thought it was the M3i Zero that was fualty but this proves the M3i Zero was not faulty it just does not support all Micro SDHC cards.
unsure.gif

All this info is based on my personal experience, but this is the second time it has worked 100% for me.

I also read on the net that the Wii is very picky with the speed of the SD card.
wacko.gif

Good luck.

GSMLAB

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just out of curiosity what Micro SD card are you using?

If we all post our SD cards Brand, speed and format we might be able to shed some more light on the problem
lecture.gif

I was using a Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro sd card (tried all formats) on the M3i Zero, DSI V1.4E and had the problem

I changed to a SanDisk 4Gb class 2 microsd card and formated the card in FAT32 and problem resolved.

GSMLAB

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I received today a new M3i Zero and I have the same problem with it
frown.gif

My micro sd card is a SandDisk 8GB class 2 formated in FAT32.

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've bought a Kingstone 8GB class 4 microsd formated in FAT32. Still the same problem.

In a DSi sleep mode works fine. But in DSi XL it shut down
frown.gif

Any idea what can be wrong?

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
platanos said:
I've bought a Kingstone 8GB class 4 microsd formated in FAT32. Still the same problem.

frown.gif

Hi,

Did your SandDisk 8GB class 2 work in a normal DSi also or was it just the Kingstone 8GB class 4 that worked?

This info could help people with the same problem on their DSi.
lecture.gif

Salu2
rolleyes.gif

GSMLAB

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I tried with a no brand 512Mb SD card i got for free in a nokia phone and it also works.

I tried with a no brand 1Gb SD card i got in a MP3 palyer i bought in China and it also worked

I guess some SD cards are more sensetive then others to the slight changes in voltage peaks when the magnetic switch puts the DSi into sleep mode.

These variations of the voltage to the card are better handeld by some SD cards then others.

It's like when you burn a game on a DVD some times it doesnt work and you burn it again on another DVD, same brand, same PC, same Game and it works.

Maybe DSi and DSi XL are more sensitive to these peak changes then the DSL?

GSMLAB

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
platanos said:

frown.gif

Maybe try getting a class 6, or try and get a microsd that isn't 8 GB.

Thanks, I'll try to buy a class 6 microsd card.

gsmlab said:
QUOTE(platanos @ Mar 15 2010, 10:56 PM)

frown.gif

Hi,

Did your SandDisk 8GB class 2 work in a normal DSi also or was it just the Kingstone 8GB class 4 that worked?

This info could help people with the same problem on their DSi.
lecture.gif

Salu2
rolleyes.gif

GSMLAB

Both cards works fine in a normal DSi. I only have the problem in DSi XL
frown.gif

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I FOUND THIS:

Quote:
\"The power consumption of microSD cards varies by manufacturer, but appears to be in the range of 20-100 mA at a supply voltage of 3.3 V\"

The DSi and DSi XL work on 2.7 V so maybe when the DSi XL goes in sleep mode the mA or Voltage dips down under the sopported range and it powers off.

Maybe some SD cards handel this variation better then others.

Also maybe the DSi XL because it has a bigger and brighter screen is pulling more mA s from the battery and their is just not enough to supply the SD card with what it needs to go into sleep mode.

I just dont know what other tests to do to help
unsure.gif

GSMLAB

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the information gsmlab and Delta Burnt.

I've ordered a microsd 4 GB SDCH class 2.

Will report back when I get it and check it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work