M3i Zero Problem.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Ragikai, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Ragikai
    OP

Ragikai Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Well to start off, I contacted the M3 support team, and went ahead and tried to contact digimartz to see if I can get it exchanged, but I want to see if I can fix the problem, cause I don't really have to patience to wait... Sorry about that... Well I wanted to see all your inputs in this. You guys seem like geniuses compared to me...

Anyways here is the problem. I can't install the new firmware so that it may support the dsi. The M3i Zero works for the DSL, but I don't think the problem is in the M3 cartilage. I think it's with the power adapter. Well, it won't allow the LED light to go on...

LED blinks - in progress
    LED lights off - no power or complete
    LED lights on - error (no "f_core.dat" or wrong file etc.)

so I assume there is no power. but What i don't get is why it worked one time, and a couple of minutes later it didn't work. The light just diminished... I updated using the F_core file, deleted it, and plugged it in on my DSI and noticed it didn't work. So I went to look for a newer one on the internet (the 1.4 version) and found it. I'm using the Sakura system folder (if that helps at all, doubt it). So I went and place the Formatted the sd card, and placed the F_core.dat file in, and instantly I noticed that the LED light didn't turn on this time. At first i thought it might need a cool down (Hoping it would work later), but it didn't.

So any help you guys can support me with...

Any question that I might be able to provide you with, I'll be happy to help out. Anyways for those who try to help me out, Thank you a lot for your time...

2. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    Sounds like your power cable got damaged while being shipped. Contact your retailer they should be able to send you a new one.

3. Zantom07

Zantom07 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    England
    +1

4. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    check the m3i guide in my signature and check your updating correctly!

5. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    i did every step and it's always a solid red light.

is the system folder needed to update the core?

al i get is no ds card found in both dsi and dsl.

6. pdocquier

pdocquier Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Belgium
    hard to tell something more than
    LED lights on = error (no "f_core.dat" or wrong file etc.)

- good news is that your power cable is not damaged
    - bad news is that there is no logfile or debuging stuff that will tell you exactly what's wrong.

if you are sure that the good f_core.dat is in the root of your SD card with SYSTEM folder
    it should be to SD-card itselft or the SD-card interface that didn't work

By the way, I don't know why, in the update guide, the SYSTEM folder is required on the SD-card.

7. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    No if anything his latest posts proves even more that he has a damaged power cord.

Someone else got this same problem and by switching the power cord it fixed it.

8. pdocquier

pdocquier Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Belgium
    Oh ok, If another guy had solved the same situation, it is good to know

I just tought that a power cable only supply power and when you got a red-light, it indicate that power is succefully provided but probably not enough or somethingelse.

9. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    It may be giving power but not enough for it to actually do the full update [​IMG]

10. GhostToast

GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2009
    United States
    Aurora, IL
    delta, there are two different people posting problems here. one that has no light, and one that has light on. read above more carefully.

and now a third. cause i have no light.

11. starfighter1

starfighter1 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2009
    United States
    anywhere and everywhere
    ok i also have a problem the led never blinks no matter what no matter how you do it.....so im guessing my only solution is a replacement and i got mine from digimartz do they do exchanges?