M3i Zero firmware update

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by srandy, Jul 28, 2011.

Jul 28, 2011

M3i Zero firmware update by srandy at 11:56 PM (3,706 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. srandy
    OP

Newcomer srandy Member

United Kingdom
    My M3i Zero firmware update doesn't work.
    I downloaded the latest firmware and followed the instructions, plugged the USB cable into the cart alog with the memcard, then plugged into PC usb socket.
    No lights came on on the Msi Zero to show any activity.
    I tried a few more times but no luck!
    I don't know if the socket in the M3i Zero is damaged or the tiny USB cable is damaged.
    Any ideas, or should I just get myself a replacement M3i Zero or USB cable?

2. mummy001

Newcomer mummy001 Newbie

Australia
    Sounds like a faulty card or cable. I have purchased 6 of these and none were faulty. A friend purchased 1 and it was faulty.
    Make sure you only have the f_core on the root of the card before connecting it to computer also make sure it is fat32 formatted first. Also make sure it is unzipped before you place the f_core on the micro sd card (you'd be surprised how many dont unzip it)
    Also DO NOT update dsi to 1.4.3 as the m3i zero wont work with that. I know as i have one dsi updated and now the m3i zero wont work in that dsi
    It looks like the M3 team are not in any hurry to make a new f_core. I have emailed their support many times over the past 4 weeks and have had no reply. Head over to the m3i forum and you will see countless people all waiting for a new f_core.

I have now purchased another brand of flash card as it looks like the m3 team are no longer doing regular (none since Jan 2011) updates.

3. srandy
    OP

Newcomer srandy Member

United Kingdom
    I have been through a few firmware updates....this year and last year without a problem....
    Just doesn't seem to want to update to the latest 1.8.2 one.

4. Deathstroke

Newcomer Deathstroke Member

Germany
    Hm I asked them about the new f_core Update, but no answer, do they still work on that? Is it so hard to crack or is the DS business in a slow down

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    More than likely the M3 Team is finally dead. They have been a slowly dying for almost a year now and I think they finally kicked the bucket.
    I would really suggest people invest in new cards, such as the Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo, R4, R4i Gold (from http://www.r4ids.cn/), or Ez-Flash Vi.
    All have very active teams, rather low prices for the features the provided, and are very trusted cards.
    AVOID M3 or DSTT cards!

6. Deathstroke

Newcomer Deathstroke Member

Germany
    That's too bad, because I liked the Sakura System and M3 as well.

I received a R4 Card by buying a 3DS, but I couldn't figure out...
    ... what R4 exactly it is (I know the name is on the cart [​IMG] but I found so many nearly the same carts as well [​IMG]).
    ... what Updates I need.
    (... and how to update it, because with the new DSi firmware I can't get it started.)

Here it is
    [​IMG]

I think it is the R4i 3DS cart, but it seems to have the old kernel and update, so I can't upgrade it with new firmware, when the DSi update is allready installed? ...