Hacking M3i Update Coming SOON (NEXT MONDAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just ordered my m3i zero, it should be comming in in about 1-2 weeks. HOPEFULLY an update can come out within that time. Assuming that the m3 team are releasing an update that will have a bunch of new stuff and be really awesome, they should have released something that at least let us play games, just to hold us off till they release their awesome update.

palkiake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I sended a message to Danny and this is what i got:
dinsdag 25 augustus 2009 5:29:47 (thats the time i got the message i live in GMT+1)

Hi ,

We will release the F-core today or tomorrow .

Thanks !

Danny

elixirdream

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i won't blame gamekool/gbatemp but m3
this is not the first time m3 delay things after promising
tongue.gif

that is why on my topic i said "hope they honour what they says"

anyway... hope the time frame they gave palkiake is legit

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are planning on playing OS catch-up with the DSi and your flashcart then I suggest you buy and use more than one brand of firmware upgradeable cart. I have an M3i and an AK2i and use the same SD card in both of them. All I have done is put the two different carts system files on the same SD card as they use different directory structures they don't interfere with each other. They also both use the same save files. The only thing to remember is that you will not be able to take advantage of RTS and other unique features when swapping between flashcarts. What I usually do is use the RTS on the cart until I need to use the other cart. I then get to a point in the game where I can do a real save and then I can swap carts and carry on where I left off

This has proven really useful with this DSi firmware upgrade as I have been using the AK2i until the M3i gets fixed as I prefer the M3i.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi i'm new here.So i come from Germany i have a M3i zero Thread on Gulli:Board.There can you read when the M3i zero update comes.On wednesday too.
Thanks for you patience

Nibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
manu-m3 said:
Hi i'm new here.So i come from Germany i have a M3i zero Thread on Gulli:Board.There can you read when the M3i zero update comes.On wednesday too.
Thanks for you patience

there are 53 wednesdays/year, so.. we have about 25 left
yay.gif

Go M3 Team
bow.gif
bow.gif

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, the F_CORE.dat is released and gbatemp doesn't know? I haven't updated my M3i with that, mainly because it could be a fake, but also because my dsi won't go 1.4.

Can someone confirm this?

Off-topic:
Anyone know what error code 34310 is? I can't update my dsi and I want to know why.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
The update was only released a few minutes ago, that's why GBAtemp hasn't posted about it yet, I have personally tested it though and it didn't brick my cartridge.

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raing3 said:
The update was only released a few minutes ago, that's why GBAtemp hasn't posted about it yet, I have personally tested it though and it didn't brick my cartridge.

Awesome. I'll update in a sec!

EDIT:
Wow, fast update. It comes up like this:

NAME: Danny Phantom
Urban Jungle
MAKER: THQ

dislaire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i've tried the official 1.4 firmware fix, it works, but turns the m3i card into danny phantom, like acekard team.But where did you find it?

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
shrodes said:
Hmm, how do you actually update it? I see the pdf, but my M3i doesn't have an LED, and doesn't seem to do a thing when I connect it to my PC. Did I get ripped off with a fake? Will there be a way to update with another DS?
Surely you would have had to flash the M3i Zero when you got it. The process is exactly the same as the original flashing process and takes approximately 30 seconds, when you connect the M3i Zero to the computer using the cable provided the led should flash for 30 seconds and then turn off.

If you led is really broken you should probably leave it connected for 2-5 minutes so it doesn't brick. You may also not be connecting it properly or the M3i Zero may be faulty.

There are no fake M3i Zero cartridges though.

palkiakeThey didnt officially release it on their site yet?
I got an email from them at about 1 hour ago with the update, M3 are like that and usually notify everyone else before they update their own site.

shrodes

Trophies
XP
Country
raing3 said:
Surely you would have had to flash the M3i Zero when you got it. The process is exactly the same as the original flashing process and takes approximately 30 seconds, when you connect the M3i Zero to the computer using the cable provided the led should flash for 30 seconds and then turn off.

If you led is really broken you should probably leave it connected for 2-5 minutes so it doesn't brick. You may also not be connecting it properly or the M3i Zero may be faulty.

There are no fake M3i Zero cartridges though.

I just put Sakura straight onto it and it worked. I haven't flashed it.

And you misread me, my M3i has NO LED on it. Windows doesn't make a sound when I plug it in, and so I can't tell whether it's doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD