Hacking M3i corrupted?

vhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought an M3i Zero and when I tried to boot on my DSi XL (firmware 1.4e) I instantly got the nintendo error message after selecting the card... So I thought it must have been a bad flash... I tried to reflash the card however upon putting the file on card and inserting the cable the red light flashes once and thats it. Nothing happens. Now I try the card and my DS doesn't even recognise it not even my old DS lite so its obvious the built in firmware is now corrupted. Please help... I'm pulling my hair out here.. I followed the video off a thread in here and copied all the files correctly and tried with just the F_CORE.DAT on its own on the memory card (formatted fat32). The thing will not flash at all. The arrow is pointed up at the back of the card and everything.

Should I send the card back for a replacement? As its now gonna cost me money to send back as I think the card is faulty or the flashing cable is.

Note.. I also tried a differnt memory card I took which I was using off my working EDGE card so its definetly not my memory card at fault here.

vhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope like I said it flashed red once then nothing. done this everytime i tried to flash. I bought my card pre flashed however id didn't boot in my DS so I tried to flash myself. This is where the problems started. I think maybe whoever flashed it first didn't flash it correctly?

Posts merged

Rockstar said:
Do you have the newest 1.4 F_CORE?
Do you have the SYSTEM folder?
Do you let it flash till the LED stops blinking?
Yep I had the newest at the time and on the memory card when i try to flash.
I tried with and without system folder
The LED blinks ONCE then stops.

vhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well after all all this I sent back to my supplier who tested the card and managed to reflash it fine using a differnt cable. He tried my cable with another cart and it did the exact same thing. Seems it was a cable issue. I hope this helps somebody out someday as this was the problem with mine. He is sending back now with a new cable and the same cart as he has tested and its now working 100% fine.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vhero said:
Well after all all this I sent back to my supplier who tested the card and managed to reflash it fine using a differnt cable. He tried my cable with another cart and it did the exact same thing. Seems it was a cable issue. I hope this helps somebody out someday as this was the problem with mine. He is sending back now with a new cable and the same cart as he has tested and its now working 100% fine.

Glad your problem could be fixed. Most of the time flashing problems occur from a damaged cable or faulty cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: