Hacking M3DSReal and corrupt MicroSDs

Have you experienced a corrupt flash card whilst using the M3DSReal?

• Yes, but I formatted the card and it works now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and the card was never usable again.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No never.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea im just gonna keep using this reader until it breaks
only had that happen once so far the other 8 or so times went fine.

damoyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh!

My SD card gets corrupted everytime I insert it into the M3 (M3 Real BP3E)!

I get hundreds of files named:

G6DSWv01.%5

and

GBAWAv01.AFA

All zero byte.

I then have to run sdcard recovery software to re-format the card as windows refuses to format and I cannot delete the files as they are reading as 52gb in size! (I guess this confuses windows XP no end!).

Damo.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
had 2 corruptions in my sd card so far.
1st corrupted a few of my games and saves, tough i had a recent backup, and i was playing around with potentially bad homebrews.
fixed it with a simple format.

2nd corruption was a bit worse.
the SD reader died while i was busy modifying/deleting some files.
this caused the sd card to become unreadable for windows(other devices could still use it, but it had a few corrupted files.)
good thing i had my phone with me, which did manage to format it.
and a classmate had an SD reader from his R4 with him.(far better then the piece of plastic held together by 1 dot of superglue i got with my m3)
and as always, i had a complete backup of my SD available.

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IMO its the card reader that comes with the Real that causes people to have corrupt cards .. i've bought 3 M3 Reals and 2 of them the reader never worked from day 1 and the other died while copying games onto the card and corrupted it. formated the card and use a way better reader and its been fine for months ..

the reader flat out dies , the last one you could feel 'humming' if you put your fingers on it while in the USB port .. windows comes up and says something along the lines of 'cannot recognize this device' ..

take off the tinfoil hats and buy a better card reader ..

antonben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i had my micro sds corrupted by M3DS real. the first time i had my 2 gig corrupted. the data in my card became mutliple files of the same kind. the data before

was lost. the 2nd time was my 8gig sandisk. this time however i found out that it had errors when i checked it with chkdsk from windows. it so happens that i

formatted the 8gig recently and suddenly it had errors. so i analyzed all the things that i did prior to corruption and i deduced that DSOrganize is the

culprit...everytime i use DSOrganize in deleting and or copying or moving files, the micro sd card had errors after. maybe the first time my card was corrupted was

due to running of the micro sd with errors. now every other day i run sakura's checkdisk and my card does not have any errors. this is verified with a chkdsk from

windows. and i haven't used dsorganize and i have not gotten no error since that. i hope some one test this to verify to fully isolate the problem. try using

DSOrganize to copy or move or rename some files in your micro sd then have windows run a chkdsk on it. i also wanted to know if this is truly the case or just

isolated to my real..

edit btw i was using a different card reader since the reader that comes with real broke after 2 days..

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antonben said:
so i analyzed all the things that i did prior to corruption and i deduced that DSOrganize is the

culprit...everytime i use DSOrganize in deleting and or copying or moving files, the micro sd card had errors after. maybe the first time my card was corrupted was

due to running of the micro sd with errors.

this same thing happened to me. i copied and renamed a save fil using DSO and when i rebooted my m3 it just turns black screen and stays there. Maybe DSO isnt meant to be used as a copy/move files from ds? Anyways im currently using my 1gb until i get a 4gb. Anyone know a program that force formats micro sd's?

EDIT: my computer cant detect my micro sd even when i click on format. it just says format error insert a disk in drive, or something like that.

edit_text

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only had my M3 for about 2 weeks and after installing the Triple-Boot I noticed that the checkdisk was reporting error, soon after Sakura stopped booting. I want to kick myself in the head because instead of backing up my saves I just reformatted. I used FAT instead of FAT32 and all has been well since.

BTW - I am using Rominator and have started trimming my roms, is there any reason I shouldn't be?

e_t

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
edit_text said:
I have only had my M3 for about 2 weeks and after installing the Triple-Boot I noticed that the checkdisk was reporting error, soon after Sakura stopped booting. I want to kick myself in the head because instead of backing up my saves I just reformatted. I used FAT instead of FAT32 and all has been well since.

BTW - I am using Rominator and have started trimming my roms, is there any reason I shouldn't be?

e_t
it's fine, as long as you keep in mind it might disable some multiplayer functions in games, or trigger piracy prevention.

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So far it killed 2 of my Micro SD's. A 2GB and 4GB both kingstons made in Japan. but I've had the M3 for a long time now and both cards lasted a considerable amount of time before dying on me.

Deven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have one issue with corruption with my M3 DS Real and my 8g Sandisk MicroSD. I run the tripleboot (m3/sakura/iTouch) and any time I run DS Organise, it corrupts my flash card (unless I run it in read-only mode). This happens with all 3 loaders if I try to save anything, access the web or irc. The file-browser part of DS Organize is the only aspect of it I can use in write mode w/out corrupting the MicroSD.
angry.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deven said:
I only have one issue with corruption with my M3 DS Real and my 8g Sandisk MicroSD. I run the tripleboot (m3/sakura/iTouch) and any time I run DS Organise, it corrupts my flash card (unless I run it in read-only mode). This happens with all 3 loaders if I try to save anything, access the web or irc. The file-browser part of DS Organize is the only aspect of it I can use in write mode w/out corrupting the MicroSD.
angry.gif
that's DS Organise's fault.
DS Organise is known to be mostly incompatible with the M3real write system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
    RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer: man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake