Hacking m3DS Real problem

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had my m3DS real for a few weeks now and already ive had to take the games off there and put them back on again 3 times because of a problem i keep having.

Im using a 6GB SDHC card (Class 4) and every now and again, ill boot up the ds, click games and i get the loading thing on the screen before it brings up the list of games and it just hangs. If i try opening the folder in the browser on the menu this also hangs the system.

If i take every single game off the card (including saves, everything) but leave the NDS folder there (but empty) it still hangs!! The only solution is to delete the NDS folder, and create a new one. This then works. I put all my games back on, all the saves, and this will then work for a week or two before i get exactly the same problem occuring.

This doesnt happen during any particular game, it seems to be at random. Im using version 2.8 of the firmware. My card is about 4.5 GB full.

Any suggestions?

Kalyca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the exact question I was planning to ask. My guess is the 6GB card is too big. Thanks for letting me know how to at least jimmy rig it so I can play. I'm going to try treating it like a 4GB card and see if that solves the problem. You might try reading this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=65568 thread as it concerns our problem.

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try not to put more than 60 games in the nds folder, make sure the m3 real and the DS are making full contact. Also, nake sure the MicroSD and the M3 real are making full contact as well. Clean the contacts with alcohol, and see how that goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative